Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown deliberately took out McCartin and used his elbow.

Should have got 6 weeks.

Like the idea of the offender, irrespective of penalty, not being eligible to play until the victim returns. If a medial retirement results the offender misses the rest of the season.

Tommy is unfortunately a easy target teams know any sort of collision/tackle/spoil to the head and we are 1 man down.

Example the player who kneed Gawn in the head in the ruck if that was Tommy he would of been sidelined.

Not sure who the interviewer of Matty Roberts on Sportsday was but someone had done some good research in preparation. Unfortunately, despite that, the interview did not turn up a lot that was new or colourful. Matty clearly took in his pre-interview media briefing with Hayley Falkiner.
All I got out of it was "Yeah, nah." :laughv1:

Sydney lead the Road Warrior ladder - let's hope in continues this weekend.

GWS & Swans lead the list for this one

Swans have 2 in the top 10. Heeney & Blakey.

More Heeney Talk:

Last edited:
360 summary tonight:

Montagna reckons Freo will win.

If Bombers win against Giants it will be a statement to comp. Wait a minute …!? > insert vomit <
Nothing wrong with his talk on Freo winning. They're a good side and playing at home.

Not everyone has to pick us. People don't seem to get that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with his talk on Freo winning. They're a good side and playing at home.

Hang on you mean respect his opinion as the honestly-felt and reasoned perspective of a commentator and ex-player with more than 20 years of experience and not blacklist his podcast and denounce his family and send him a dozen angry DMs? Interesting new approach.

Yeah, he is one that doesn’t rate us at all
Montagna ihas no credibility. What he says is............yep I don't remember him saying anything meaningful either.
He is irrelevant as a commentator.
Has no credibility.
No insights into the game.
Looks confounded on camera.
I look at Kingy and he has this look of "what the..........." when Mantagna is babbling.
Speaks so people think he is not as irrelevant as he thinks he is.

Didn’t say it was wrong. it was a summary.
I took one for the team so they don’t have to watch it in case they were expecting any pro-Swans media coverage after last weeks awesome result.

Brodie Grundy love first up in the video

Montagna would tip us to lose to the Fremantle reserves team.
Guys Montagna just loves Freo and will take every opportunity to pump them up because he was on our payroll for a bit (oppo analyst or something). Just so happens that the last two weeks gave him the perfect opportunity.

We're complete dogshit in the rain and it'll be pouring. I don't think he's taken that into account.

Guys Montagna just loves Freo and will take every opportunity to pump them up because he was on our payroll for a bit (oppo analyst or something). Just so happens that the last two weeks gave him the perfect opportunity.

We're complete dogshit in the rain and it'll be pouring. I don't think he's taken that into account.
we've had about 3 days of rain since September and of course it's gonna rain on the one day I go to a game, good luck mate should be a cracking match regardless of conditions.

Wow! You guys get really toey when someone tips the opposition...

Montagna tipped Freo as his outsider for the week... and if we are not spot on with our pressure, I can see them getting up! They are playing well, really starting to get it together and impose their game on the opposition. They are a young team that are starting to show glimpses of how good they will be in the future, and while I don't think they'll win the flag this year, they are definitely (in my view) going to shape the 8 and impact the finals. They are going to be good over the next few years I think...

Given Montagna has no hope with his beloved Saints, why shouldn't he tip Freo in an upset? Someone will beat us in an upset this year... that's just life in footy.

FREEMANTLE:
Average age at Opening Round, 2024:
23.9 (15th oldest)
Average games: 55.4 (17th most experienced)
Most games: Michael Walters (222)
Players with 100-plus games: 10
Players with less than 50 games: 25
Most finals games: Michael Walters (13)
Players with finals experience: 23

SYDNEY:
24.6 (equal eighth oldest)
Average games: 78.4 (fifth most experienced)
Most games: Luke Parker (283)
Players with 100-plus games: 14
Players with less than 50 games: 18
Most finals games: Luke Parker (23)
Players with finals experience: 29

Wow! You guys get really toey when someone tips the opposition...

Montagna tipped Freo as his outsider for the week... and if we are not spot on with our pressure, I can see them getting up! They are playing well, really starting to get it together and impose their game on the opposition. They are a young team that are starting to show glimpses of how good they will be in the future, and while I don't think they'll win the flag this year, they are definitely (in my view) going to shape the 8 and impact the finals. They are going to be good over the next few years I think...

Given Montagna has no hope with his beloved Saints, why shouldn't he tip Freo in an upset? Someone will beat us in an upset this year... that's just life in footy.

FREEMANTLE:
23.9 (15th oldest)
Average games: 55.4 (17th most experienced)
Most games: Michael Walters (222)
Players with 100-plus games: 10
Players with less than 50 games: 25
Most finals games: Michael Walters (13)
Players with finals experience: 23

SYDNEY:
24.6 (equal eighth oldest)
Average games: 78.4 (fifth most experienced)
Most games: Luke Parker (283)
Players with 100-plus games: 14
Players with less than 50 games: 18
Most finals games: Luke Parker (23)
Players with finals experience: 29
Good post Kirkswan although I’ll point out someone already has beaten us in an upset (and hope it doesn’t happen again too often 🤦‍♂️).

Playing in the wet has traditionally been the swans weakness too. But I've noticed with our current team we seem to play okay in the wet.

Its because despite what people generally think, wet weather hurts teams with poor disposal more than those with good disposal and we are now a team with good disposal.

ie rather than bringing teams with good disposal back to the pack, it makes them stand out even more, and historically we were great contested but our disposal efficiency wasn't wonderful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back