Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure it was on the offsiders after the GF. The umpiring was brought up and then I think it may have been Waleed and Whately mentioning the 50-50 call in the fourth quarter and how the bulldogs were hard done by.

It honestly felt like they knew Sydney were fuming about the umpiring and then tried to “both sides” it. It pissed me off something serious!!
I wish I had the footage of Whately saying that so I could edit him next to footage of 2016 umpiring decisions.

They can't even get the advantage rule right , why would they manage a red card 🤣
Because it's not that difficult. Anyone with a semblance of intelligence should be able to distinguish between a serious offence which would be a minimum three week ban and a lesser offence.

Because it's not that difficult. Anyone with a semblance of intelligence should be able to distinguish between a serious offence which would be a minimum three week ban and a lesser offence.

Yeah after games and reviewing events people can't even agree on that . good luck

There's no such thing as common sense after all.

Yeah after games and reviewing events people can't even agree on that . good luck

There's no such thing as common sense after all.
But Brown got a suspension and it was clear he was going to get one and no one has debated it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something feels special about this team and season for sure. Could easily be the clubs best ever season.

And I haven't been to a single live game on account of my 2 month old. :tearsofjoy: She's (indirectly) named after one of the players, and was born two days before the Dees game where said player kicked the first goal of the season, so feels like a good omen.

Amartey has only been subbed twice.
And up until last week McDonald was our leading goal scorer

So for our "biggest issues" they aren't that bad when you look beyond skin deep

I think our forward line is pretty good. It doesn't have star power but in most weeks McDonald, Amartey and McLean contribute.

Something to consider while I was bored waiting for a doctors appontment

Top 5 Goal Scorers End of Round 9 - Ladder Positions
Sydney (McDonald, Hayward, Amartey, Heeney, Papley) 78 goals
Geelong (Cameron, Henry, Stengle, Close, Hawkins) 79 goals
Essendon (Langford, Stringer, Gresham, Jones, Wright) 66 goals
Melbourne (Fritsch, Pickett, Van Rooyen, Petracca, Chandler) 63 goals
GWS (Hogan, Brown, Riccardi, Cadman, Greene) 79 goals
Port Adelaide (Rioli, Dixon, Byrne-Jones, Marshall, Georgiades) 60 goals
Carlton (Curnow, McKay, Owies, Cottrell, DeKoning) 79 goals
Collingwood (Mihocheck, Elliot, Hill, Schultz, Lipinksi) 58 goals

And I haven't been to a single live game on account of my 2 month old. :tearsofjoy: She's (indirectly) named after one of the players, and was born two days before the Dees game where said player kicked the first goal of the season, so feels like a good omen.
Hmmm.. Florence? Olivia? Oli? Either way, let the good times rollllllll

when he's being interviewed, blakey always looks like he's trying not to laugh at something highly amusing in his mind ... like a schoolkid being told off and trying to keep a straight face
probably my fave swan these days ... although surely we have the most likeable, nay, lovable team in the league!
He's a bit of a larrikin apparently. We have a few in this team and I'm liking it a lot.

Tommy Hafey trained them so hard during that finals series, they were stuffed. When other clubs reduced the training load during finals, he increased it. It was a shame because we had the side that could very easily have won the flag that year.
We lacked a chf for the big grounds in both 86 and 87, onvuously no such thing as a home final in those days which probably cost us a gf appearance especially in 86

16MAY24: Swans Daily Media New

Remove this Banner Ad

Back