Syria 2012 - the year of blood

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully not. Sad event. Let's hope Russia respond responsibly.

Have you seen Russians drive on YouTube?

I don't think the Russian language has a word for "responsibly"

I thought that Turkey and Russia had gone some way to repairing their relationship following the shooting down of the Russian plane?

How long will Russia keep forgiving these indiscretions?

I thought that Turkey and Russia had gone some way to repairing their relationship following the shooting down of the Russian plane?

How long will Russia keep forgiving these indiscretions?

War between Russia and Turkey would be really bad.

There are longstanding ties between their militaries, to the point I don't think a war between the two could ever happen.

Turkey is part of NATO, Russia won't attack.

Russia has more nukes than anyone, Turkey won't attack.

But don't be surprised if a 'lone wolf' former Spetsnaz accidentally helps the Kurds plant a few bombs at Ankara police stations.

Oh and this is Erdogan's fault.

When you promote Salafists in every sector of government, you will lose control of a few of them eventually.

Right wing parties always do this, make appointments and 'cultural change' a priority to favour people with your political beliefs (or at least useful idiot types). It has been going on in Australia ever since the LNP got elected, and it generally *s up your country pretty quickly.

Interesting that the UN came out over-night and accused the media of spreading mis-information re the battle of Allepo. Yet its alt media sites that spread 'false' news.

What has happened in Syria is a disgrace. A massive failure of the US and its Allies (including Australia). They wanted regime change, they got a bloodbath and a crisis. The West never had any legal right to operate in Syria, they have committed acts of war designed to cause regime change in the name of fighting terrorism, yet Syria was peaceful and by middle east standards, tolerant.

Obama the nobel peace prize winner should be charged with war crimes.

Interesting that the UN came out over-night and accused the media of spreading mis-information re the battle of Allepo. Yet its alt media sites that spread 'false' news.

What has happened in Syria is a disgrace. A massive failure of the US and its Allies (including Australia). They wanted regime change, they got a bloodbath and a crisis. The West never had any legal right to operate in Syria, they have committed acts of war designed to cause regime change in the name of fighting terrorism, yet Syria was peaceful and by middle east standards, tolerant.

Obama the nobel peace prize winner should be charged with war crimes.

Clinton and Samantha Power more like it.

Yep but Obama is the man in charge so he has to take the wrap. He was all for the Arab Spring, look what it has done.

Yep, at the same time, he stared them down an never launched the big attack they wanted.

Link? Quick google showed nothing.

Reported on the news services (TV) hard to find on the net (I tried) but a google search shows the MSM accusing the UN of being on Syria's side so I guess it was retaliation for being also accused. Its quite incredible when you see how the UN is being abused over Syria, and I hate the UN as a general rule.

I guess I am biased as I see the war in Syria as caused by Western interference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that the UN came out over-night and accused the media of spreading mis-information re the battle of Allepo.
They didn't tell you when Al Queda moved in to Aleppo , most of the citizens moved out into gov controlled areas. They didn't tell you about the chemical weapons used against the gov, they didn't tell you that al queda was supplied by nato through turkey, they didn't tell you about the white military advisers in Aleppo commanding brigades of insurgents from all over the planet.They didn't tell you about isreal bombing Iranian and Hezbollah units trying to hold onto alleppo for the gov.

They didn't tell you when Al Queda moved in to Aleppo , most of the citizens moved out into gov controlled areas. They didn't tell you about the chemical weapons used against the gov, they didn't tell you that al queda was supplied by nato through turkey, they didn't tell you about the white military advisers in Aleppo commanding brigades of insurgents from all over the planet.They didn't tell you about isreal bombing Iranian and Hezbollah units trying to hold onto alleppo for the gov.

people want real news not the fake news

Choose your own adventure
The U.S. ...
  • isn't doing anything to help the rebels - it's all America's fault!
  • don't know what they're doing - it's all America's fault!
  • created the rebels - it's all America's fault!
  • isn't doing anything to help Assad - it's all America's fault!
  • should stop trying to be world police - it's all America's fault!
  • are just doing the Sunni's bidding - it's all America's fault!
  • are just doing the Zionist's bidding - it's all America's fault!
  • has comprimised alliances with Sunni nations and there are bad Sunnis in the Middle East - it's all America's fault!
  • has media which I am going to say don't report exactly what I think they should, even though they reported most of it and just didn't use angry capital letters in the middle of the article - it's all America's fault!
  • have stood by and done nothing - it's all America's fault!
Etc, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_armed_groups_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

Choose your own adventure
The U.S. ...
  • isn't doing anything to help the rebels - it's all America's fault!
  • don't know what they're doing - it's all America's fault!
  • created the rebels - it's all America's fault!
  • isn't doing anything to help Assad - it's all America's fault!
  • should stop trying to be world police - it's all America's fault!
  • are just doing the Sunni's bidding - it's all America's fault!
  • are just doing the Zionist's bidding - it's all America's fault!
  • has comprimised alliances with Sunni nations and there are bad Sunnis in the Middle East - it's all America's fault!
  • has media which I am going to say don't report exactly what I think they should, even though they reported most of it and just didn't use angry capital letters in the middle of the article - it's all America's fault!
  • have stood by and done nothing - it's all America's fault!
Etc, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_armed_groups_in_the_Syrian_Civil_War

What a strange post.

I don't think anyone thinks this is entirely the USA's fault. Only that they contributed greatly to the problem, and that it would never have got to this point without their (and our) interference. And please stop calling them 'America' which is a continent, the majority of which are not members of the USA.

What a strange post.

I don't think anyone thinks this is entirely the USA's fault. Only that they contributed greatly to the problem, and that it would never have got to this point without their (and our) interference. And please stop calling them 'America' which is a continent, the majority of which are not members of the USA.
What a strange post. You seem to think the contention is whether it is entirely the USA's fault or just can be blamed on them. And then waste space on a pedantic correction to the mocking character I had created... Swing and a miss.

What a strange post. You seem to think the contention is whether it is entirely the USA's fault or just can be blamed on them. And then waste space on a pedantic correction to the mocking character I had created... Swing and a miss.

So your contention is whether USA has any of the blame at all? It looks like I gave you too much credit.

That's a truly stupid position to take. Of course the USA has significant blame to take, just not all of it.

Nope. Strike two. I don't think my point was that confusing. There are more options than 'no blame', 'solely to blame' or 'greatly to blame'. Obviously.

Well clearly you are wrong about how confusing your post was. Because here I am, staunchly confused.

This thread hasn't been kind to you in recent pages, so I'm gunna just leave you alone for a while. For the record I think you are pretty intelligent when it comes to domestic political issues and you provide a good insight into how the right wing faction of the ALP thinks. I appreciate you Ratts of Tobruk and hope you have a fantastic 2017 and keep posting here.

Well clearly you are wrong about how confusing your post was. Because here I am, staunchly confused.

This thread hasn't been kind to you in recent pages, so I'm gunna just leave you alone for a while. For the record I think you are pretty intelligent when it comes to domestic political issues and you provide a good insight into how the right wing faction of the ALP thinks. I appreciate you Ratts of Tobruk and hope you have a fantastic 2017 and keep posting here.
Thanks for the sentiment, even if it comes with a backhanded suggestion that I don't know international political issues or represent the right wing faction of the ALP and need to be patronisingly left alone... I also haven't posted in this thread before these ones so not sure what that reference is. Maybe just showing how easy it is to confuse people? Don't know how much I'll post. I used to do it to understand a variety of views. Now it seems dominated by very narrow views and I can understand why people steer clear. But maybe that's just because it's the off-season.

Russians and Turks have worked out a ceasefire it seems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back