Tac cup 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Ventured down to Princes Park to watch all this "serious talent" that Pios alledgedly have and found...none.

I don't think anyone has said that the Pioneers have stars across the board. I found that they have a couple of top line players (Stringer and Wines) and then a handful of guys who could be mid to late round selections.

Sounds like Clurey and Martyn had decent games. They were the main two Bushrangers that I've been looking at. But I haven't seen Murray live this year, so I look forward to hearing any reports.

Anyone who got down to the Calder game, a debrief on Daniher?

For some reason no stats or anything are being posted on their website..

I don't think anyone has said that the Pioneers have stars across the board. I found that they have a couple of top line players (Stringer and Wines) and then a handful of guys who could be mid to late round selections.

Sounds like Clurey and Martyn had decent games. They were the main two Bushrangers that I've been looking at. But I haven't seen Murray live this year, so I look forward to hearing any reports.

Clurey was impressive in defence sitting on Jake Stringer when i was there in the 1st half, was very very good on JS shutting him out and also rebounding, you'll find that Bendigo kicked 3 to 4 unanswered goals in the 2 qtr largley due to Jake Stringer going on ball. A Fully Fit Stringer would play Afl today.

Anyone who got down to the Calder game, a debrief on Daniher?

For some reason no stats or anything are being posted on their website..

He was sitting up the back of the stand watching the match. Not sure whether rested or injured. Calder totally outplayed by Falcons after quarter time.

Im sorry mate, but i was just going by the record which i didnt have on me & memory, can you tell me the big boy that started at FF for the bushies was, number 30 something?

You sound like an angry person, i dont think i directed any thing personal towards yourself. By the way im from the GV area i have no bias towards bendigo, just like watching young talented footballers.

My apologies, nothing personal. Not angry, quite the opposite had a little chuckle about mistake. Any slight from my post would not be directed at your good self. I understand you probably live in Bendigo region you have had quite a distance to travel, as do most country folk, so you would have quite a commitment to watching/supporting young talent.
Unlike some on here, any further than five minutes from their residence is too far to travel.

Think the guy you were looking at was Nick Warnock, who kicked six(should have been eight or nine) on a guy touted as a KPD draft pick.

Again my apologies.
Cheers

can someone please give me run down on the falcons v calder game? who were the stand outs and who played well from both teams?

My apologies, nothing personal. Not angry, quite the opposite had a little chuckle about mistake. Any slight from my post would not be directed at your good self. I understand you probably live in Bendigo region you have had quite a distance to travel, as do most country folk, so you would have quite a commitment to watching/supporting young talent.
Unlike some on here, any further than five minutes from their residence is too far to travel.

Think the guy you were looking at was Nick Warnock, who kicked six(should have been eight or nine) on a guy touted as a KPD draft pick.

Again my apologies.
Cheers

No problems all good. Warnock has a good pair of dukes on him & he beat Lester in the contested marking when i was there, quick off the lead & looks taller than the suggested 191cm in the footy record & looked 2 cms taller than Lester.

two players from Murray Bushrangers have caught my eye recently.

one being Ben Vile. he plays as 1st or 2nd tall defender. but really could be quite a good third tall. similar to Jason Blake. he doesnt rack up possessions but when he gets it uses it effectively.

the second being Iain McGillivray a ruckman. he has great size and is becoming one of the best tap ruckmen i have seen. has gained size over the summer and if given the chance of an AFL preseason could see him becoming another Big Boy McEvoy another fine bushies product.

both have recently been named in the final squad for u18s national champs for NSW/ACT

Can anyone give me a run down on a couple of Stingrays boys?

Billy Rolfe and Jake Calvert

Thanks guys :thumbsu:

Rolfe is a strong bodied midfielder/halfback with clean hands a good skill set. Looks physically ready to be on an AFL list, just needs to keep improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it correct that the kids in the AIS squad are not playing in the under 18 championships?

Incorrect

The AIS kids (from Vic Metro) were rested against the 'lesser' teams, which duly cost them a win against the Northern Territory last weekend.

Thanks - not sure that was the brightest move.

why are the ais BOYS being rested but still playing for their tac cup sides. If the national champs are the pinnacle of potential afl players year , why are the best not playing against the best.This is compromising the whole nat champs. The ais guys should be fresh they just been on an all expenses holiday thru europe ,thats right they did play a game who was it against goorambat thirds.these kids should be back to doing the hard yards not being wrapped up in cotton wool or they will be doomed to fail.ADULATION IS POISIN!

why are the ais BOYS being rested but still playing for their tac cup sides. If the national champs are the pinnacle of potential afl players year , why are the best not playing against the best.This is compromising the whole nat champs. The ais guys should be fresh they just been on an all expenses holiday thru europe ,thats right they did play a game who was it against goorambat thirds.these kids should be back to doing the hard yards not being wrapped up in cotton wool or they will be doomed to fail.ADULATION IS POISIN!
Gives the lesser known players a chance to represent their state and perform in a big game.

The AIS kids get to play the last three games, use the first two games to find out who can contribute in those games and who cant.

Gives the lesser known players a chance to represent their state and perform in a big game.

The AIS kids get to play the last three games, use the first two games to find out who can contribute in those games and who cant.
But why give 17 yr olds time in nat champs, their time will be in twelve months not know and a lot of things can change in twelve months. I dont mind those that have a possibility of being picked up a chance at nats. has anyone out there got the stats on ais success rates at afl level ?

But why give 17 yr olds time in nat champs, their time will be in twelve months not know and a lot of things can change in twelve months. I dont mind those that have a possibility of being picked up a chance at nats. has anyone out there got the stats on ais success rates at afl level ?
Development. If a 17 year old kid is good enough to represent their state they should be allowed to.

Hopefully some exposure at 17 years of age will help them for when they are 18 year olds.

So footyman you have no problem with ais kids playing tac cup on the same weekend as 17 yr olds playing nat champs , I think their roles should be reversed for DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRITY OF NAT CHAMPS

I do think it's faintly ridiculous that div 1 vs div 2 games don't count for champs points any more. Shows (and encourages) a bit of contempt for the div 2 states imho. Means when they do have a win it's cheapened because the other mob were probably not playing a full-strength side. NSW beat VC a few years back - while div 2 sides aren't going to knock off div 1 sides often, it will happen. Increasingly, as NSW gets stronger. And they should be rewarded when they manage it.

Saw Stringer play on saturday against Power ,still really struggling with that leg injury by the looks .Hams and Scott were outstanding for gippsland.Don't know how Stringer could be considered a legitamite draft prospect this year looked more like a 300 game veteran about to hang up the boots cos of injury.

Saw Stringer play on saturday against Power ,still really struggling with that leg injury by the looks .Hams and Scott were outstanding for gippsland.Don't know how Stringer could be considered a legitamite draft prospect this year looked more like a 300 game veteran about to hang up the boots cos of injury.
Jake struggled with cramp for most of the game. His leg is the least of his performance problems at the moment, more his zero pre season work and probably a little overweight. He'll still get picked up in the draft quite early IMO, it's the work he's doing outside the Saturday afternoons that'll get him over the line.

Jake struggled with cramp for most of the game. His leg is the least of his performance problems at the moment, more his zero pre season work and probably a little overweight. He'll still get picked up in the draft quite early IMO, it's the work he's doing outside the Saturday afternoons that'll get him over the line.
I have seen stringer twice this year, I dont doubt his talent but I do doubt his body mainly his leg. Its been 16 months since the break I dont think things are getting any better. His foot doesnt seem central to his leg , Im no doctor but Im doubting he can stand up to rigors of afl. His chances of a first round pick are slim at best , I hope Im wrong !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back