Beckers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2005
Aspendale
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
When will tackling be outlawed and the oval ball be replaced by the round one?

Its obvious that the AFL are trying to turn our game into more of a Gaelic style game by outlawing the bump so its only a matter of time.

The things that separated the AFL's appeal from soccer is diminishing every year.

This is not the game we all grew up with and fell in love with:thumbsdown:

SHUT THE **** UP!

YES HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BANNED IN THE INTEREST OF THE GAME, BUT HE WAS UNDER THE RULES AND THEY APPLY FOR EVERYONE!!! ****ing shut up already

TAKING IT TO THE HIGH COURT?
MEDIA PRESS RELEASES OFF A FORUM BOARD?
CONSPIRACY THEORIES
REMOVING HIM FROM ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS

YOUR MOB ARE ABSOLUTELY ****ING PATHETIC. NECK UP YOU BUNCH OF PARROTS.

FFS I am so sick of this. What he did was against the rules. That's it. You can't argue with that.

Call for the rule to be changed, sure, but I doubt they will.

If Buddy tackled the first time he wouldn't be in this mess

Why tackle when you're a 198 cm player running to the right while a 184cm player is running across you to your left?

You'd have to stop on a dime and then turn, all in a split second.

The bump was the right way to go. It stops Franklin's momentum, and it stops Cousins from running away with the ball.

Unfortunately it appears to have been banned outright now :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

her_name_is_rio_aw_jeez_not_this_shit_again2.jpg

When will tackling be outlawed and the oval ball be replaced by the round one?

Its obvious that the AFL are trying to turn our game into more of a Gaelic style game by outlawing the bump so its only a matter of time.

The things that separated the AFL's appeal from soccer is diminishing every year.

This is not the game we all grew up with and fell in love with:thumbsdown:

Can we please have a sub board ..call it the Hawks wailing and teeth gnashing board.. these whining threads are getting beyond a joke :rolleyes:

Buddy did the crime and now he needs to do the time...every team has had players suspended in the past ..and none have wailed and whined like this mob have ...it's embarrassing. :eek:

SHUT THE **** UP!

YES HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BANNED IN THE INTEREST OF THE GAME, BUT HE WAS UNDER THE RULES AND THEY APPLY FOR EVERYONE!!! ****ing shut up already

CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Someone who is glad the bump has been offically outlawed!

So one player gets suspended for an illegal bump and it's the end of the game as we know it?

Buddy did the crime and now he needs to do the time...every team has had players suspended in the past ..and none have wailed and whined like this mob have ...it's embarrassing. :eek:

Stop trolling.

Very few suspensions have been as controversial.

Steven Baker, Fraser Gehrig and now Buddy Franklin.

Matthew Stokes copped 4 weeks for a bump in the preseason last year. The same thing happened all year and players weren't even cited.

I think I might start a thread on it and then write an email to Vlad. Then I'm going to make a banner and go stand outside AFL House in protest.

Matthew Stokes copped 4 weeks for a bump in the preseason last year. The same thing happened all year and players weren't even cited.

I think I might start a thread on it and then write an email to Vlad. Then I'm going to make a banner and go stand outside AFL House in protest.
Hawthorn supporters are an incredibly sad lot aren't they?

So one player gets suspended for an illegal bump and it's the end of the game as we know it?

Wasn't illegal five months ago. Hopefully won't be illegal next year.

This suspension just highlighted the extent of the new rule which states that any head contact whether primary or secondary, is the responsibility of the player doing the bumping.

It's an odd rule and should at least be changed to exempt minor trauma like concussion.

SHUT THE **** UP!

CONSPIRACY THEORIES

I'm sick of this "rules apply for everyone" bullshit that people go on about. There are clearly different rules for different players.

Your mate Paddy Ryder got to play the next week on a very similar incident - except for the fact that the bloke he hit didn't even have the ball!

But yeah - rules for everyone - good onya.

Sook.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back