Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we may as well sack Nick's now.

There is no coach in the league that gets us to finals in 2022. The list is just too young/inexperienced for it.

Young and inexperienced to the point where avoiding the spoon is an achievement.
3 wins in 2020 .....7 wins in 2021 ....10/11 wins next year should be the expectation

Should have us knocking on the door of the 8 .......but falling short

Balme will be part time and strategic. He'll be a mentor for Kelly and for others at the club. He's not going to be doing the day-to-day - and Kelly won't report to Balme, he'll be advised BY Balme.
Think you've nailed it .....and what better mentor could both Kelly and Nicks have

There'll be a backwards step at some stage even if things are on track

Just how it is. Youth-heavy teams will be inconsistent and run out of steam

And that backwards step is a time to capitalise.

You should be able to use that year to draft young talent you can immediately slot in to complete the side. Push out the bottom rung spuds and replace with really good kids.

See Melbourne with their 2019 draft haul

And that backwards step is a time to capitalise.

You should be able to use that year to draft young talent you can immediately slot in to complete the side. Push out the bottom rung spuds and replace with really good kids.

See Melbourne with their 2019 draft haul
Agreed

The number of olds you can move on is directly proportional to how successful your recent drafts have been

If we can back up 2020's drafting effort (early days but I'm calling it good) then we should have no qualms turning things over as required.

Olsen said management are reviewing the e-sports team and will probably drop it also as it goes against our core business as a football club.
One good thing about Olsen's liking to sell assets off ..

Yep, most young teams on the rise usually have a breakout season followed by a couple of steps backward before finally becoming contenders. We are a few years from contending finals regularly. I'm okay with a couple more lean years if it means we can accumulate enough talent in that time to then stay in contention for years. Of course, I acknowledge that prolonged periods at the bottom don't guarantee it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 wins in 2020 .....7 wins in 2021 ....10/11 wins next year should be the expectation

Should have us knocking on the door of the 8 .......but falling short

I disagree, linear improvement is not normal.

The expectation should be that we repeat 2021, and get 7-8 wins. The list is going to be in a poor state in 2022, with limited experienced players, and limited good players. It's got a bright future if it get through the next two years unscathed seeing our youth is a talented bunch, and will get more talented.

It seems to be a (generally) unsaid rule in AFL circles. I remember Caro saying some thing like “Dusty will earn a lot more long term staying with Richmond than taking more money to go to North Melbourne”.

Im not saying these are not club facilitated deals but there are plenty of people associated with clubs that are happy to facilitate them at arms length. Plus I wouldn’t trust the AFL to fairly police a pass-the-parcel.

Don't know if Caro was the one who reported it but that quote was straight from his manager's mouth.

Olsen says Optus decided months ago to "re-direct" sponsorship $ to the national women's soccer team and we already have replacements signed up to be announced. Foodland extending for 3 more years too.
Sounds a bit convenient.

But if someone else is paying the money to fill that slot, losing Optus is no big deal.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

fu** it’s tiring having to listen to people who don’t know the difference between board and management
Lol because board members are inanimate objects just because they don't get paid... do you actually know how many committees Roo was on at the club? Match Committee and List Management committee for starters. Do you think he just served drinks?

The expectation should be that we repeat 2021, and get 7-8 wins. The list is going to be in a poor state in 2022, with limited experienced players, and limited good players. It's got a bright future if it get through the next two years unscathed seeing our youth is a talented bunch, and will get more talented.
Good players are not immediately good. They become good. We have a great deal of talent that will only get better and a decent trade and draft should see us pushing for a minimum 10 wins.

Expect a lot of improvement out of Schoenberg, Butts, Jones, Berry, Cook, Gollant, Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Doedee, Hamill, Hinge, Milera, McHenry, McPherson, Murray, Strachan, Sholl, Pedlar, Newchurch. The experience we lost was also no longer best 22.

Last edited:

Yep ....I can see that side of the argument as well

But we did lose 5 games by under 2 goals this year ...without the likes of Talia & largely Lynch

These assessments rely on no injuries, but also who will we recuit and/or trade-in ? ......mine is based on Crouch and Milera playing, and Thilthorpe being much stronger than last year ....but IMO we are seeing strong linear improvement , that's not to say we'll have hiccup seasons down the track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back