Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly right though? The last time you had a decent player on your list was two decades ago and you had to pay him 1 million dollars to keep him in a time where million dollar contracts were almost unheard of also Carey asked for a trade in 1993 you're just lucky the Crows thought they had Kernahan in the bag already so didn't push it further.

You'll have to do the same with JHF if he becomes a super star, the reason your team hasn't been picked apart is because since Carey only Brent Harvey has been any good.

Decent player = Arguably greatest player of all time? Hmm.

If JHF (or any of our youngsters) are on Ducks level, I'll happily pay them the $1m+ they deserve.

Every club in the competition would have to pay big dollars to retain a player of that quality.

I'm trying to go all trade period with out turning on the insipid dross that is trade radio. But out of interest, has anything been mentioned about us in terms of further trades today?

Is it through? You had million dollar offers on the table for Martin and Kelly, both of them turned you down, it's hard to admit but North are just not an attractive club to play for. You have the lowest membership base of all Vic teams, you don't play many games at the MCG and every year a media personality suggests your club should be moved on.

North are never going to be able to trade in a superstar, your only option is to strike gold in the draft and hope like hell another club doesn't poach then before they hit their prime.

You're about to pick an interstate player with Pick 1, a player that multiple clubs are already interested in, you either satisfy him early or the big clubs will come poaching, particularly if you can't get out the bottom 4 (I think you will, your young list has talent) but you'd want to be pushing for finals in 2 years time

Every young kid says they want to be loyal to the club that drafted them but Money talks and success is a driving factor for alot of them

How often do they lose good players though?

Schwass, Pickett, D.Motlop, Gibson, Hale, McIntosh, L.Brown, B.Brown, Greenwood are the notable ones in the last 25 years. Hale and McIntosh both left because of a young Goldstein.

L.Brown was almost delisted. Gibson is the only one that left in an ugly way that rubbed up supporters.

I don't count the likes of Wells, Petrie etc. They were done.

Schwass and Choppy are the two best players on that list and they left 15+ years ago.

We generally retain most of our players and we have a higher proportion of interstate players than most Vic clubs historically.

Some of our absolute greats are Sandgropers and Croweaters. Cable (WA), Blight (SA), Krakouers x 2 (WA), Glendinning (WA), McCann (WA) etc.

Last edited:
Who are their good players though? How many of their players have finished top 5 in the Brownlow over the last 20 years? They haven't lost players because none of them were good, their best player in the last 5 years was Ben Brown he left for a 2nd rounder and won a premiership the next year.
North have not had elite talent on their list worth poaching in 20 years

Schwass, Pickett, D.Motlop, Gibson, Hale, McIntosh, L.Brown, B.Brown, Greenwood are the notable ones in the last 25 years. Hale and McIntosh both left because of a young Goldstein.

L.Brown was almost delisted. Gibson is the only one that left in an ugly way that rubbed up supporters.

I don't count the likes of Wells, Petrie etc. They were done.

Schwass and Choppy are the two best players on that list and they left 15+ years ago.

We generally retain most of our players and we have a higher proportion of interstate players than most Vic clubs historically.

Some of our absolute greats are Sandgropers and Croweaters. Cable (WA), Blight (SA), Krakouers x 2 (WA), Glendinning (WA), McCann (WA) etc.
This bloke went alright.

1634096418643.png

Don't agree ....it's really hard to tell who the go home players will be .....I'm sure SYD didn't think Dawson would go home

Other players drafted to the Crows have cried on draft night .....yet stayed at ADEL their whole career

Just back your environment in .....but also understand the players personality & need for adventure ....psychological profiling will be very accurate at reducing the go home factor, but I assume the AFL don't want this to be undertaken for fear of what would be uncovered
I think a big, big, big red flag is whether the drafted player has a BYO childhood sweetheart from their home state - wonder if Shidney knew this about Dawson?

We had the same thing happen with Danger. People may be squeamish about talking about players' partners but I think it's a very real factor to consider. I reckon Leaver, CC, McNuggets leaving were very much driven by their partners ($$$ too, of course).

Whereas with Tals, Otter(?), Reilly{?} hooked up with local SA girls and stayed long term. We need to line up local SA girls with strong family ties for interstate draftees.

Lairdy is a bit of a head scratcher though :laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants interested in Breust. Sounds like breust doesn't want to leave.
Sammy Mitchell going to have the job in front him bringing some of these boys back into the fold he was prepared to jettison.

If anyone is able to listen?

I'm sure those of us working would love a summary post if possible. :D

* We had no real interest in taking Dawson through PSD (lol). Were keen to get a round 1 pick to Sydney (sure...)

* Dawson is going to play forward of centre, either as a forward or wing.

* We did offer 3 picks for Horne, however, North isn't budging at this point, and aren't likely to between now and then.

* Looking at midfield speed, but we'll go for the best player at that pick

* We think small forward is a need.

* We sound like we're done in the trade period.

* We did offer 3 picks for Horne, however, North isn't budging at this point, and aren't likely to between now and then.

He didn't say that. The interviewers did but Reid didn't deny or acknowledge the particulars of the offer. However, he did seem to admit we tried and also seemingly left the door open for further attempts however unlikely it may be.

He didn't say that. The interviewers did but Reid didn't deny or acknowledge the particulars of the offer. However, he did seem to admit we tried and also seemingly left the door open for further attempts however unlikely it may be.

Fair enough, I may have misinterpreted :thumbsu:

* We had no real interest in taking Dawson through PSD (lol). Were keen to get a round 1 pick to Sydney (sure...)

* Dawson is going to play forward of centre, either as a forward or wing.

* Looking at midfield speed, but we'll go for the best player at that pick

* We think small forward is a need.

* We sound like we're done in the trade period.
Just had a listen and it was, "Forward of centre through that wing/midfield role where we can use that weapon with his kick inside 50".

Sammy Mitchell going to have the job in front him bringing some of these boys back into the fold he was prepared to jettison.
Sounds eerily like how Voss started .....very knowledgeable, but there's an ego that made them a success on field .....that historically brings them unstuck as a Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back