Talia's foot

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
AFTER recovering from post-season knee surgery, veteran defender Daniel Talia will now have surgery on his foot and will be sidelined for 8-10 weeks.

Adelaide's head of football Tim Kelly says Talia has developed foot pain in the past two weeks and scans show inflammation of a tendon in his left foot that has prevented him from running.

"Further investigation into Daniel's foot pain has shown it is the result of a bone spur which is irritating a tendon," Kelly said.

"It's been determined that surgery is going to be required for his foot injury. Post surgery we will develop a return-to-play plan but at this point it's too early to make a call on when that will occur."

Wonder if this will affect the FA offers coming his way.

Saints and the Bulldogs are short a decent KPD, while North Melbourne could use someone to help the younger guys during their rebuild.

I think he will stay anyway, but not for the juicy retirement contract he might have been hoping for.

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide

Saints and the Bulldogs are short a decent KPD, while North Melbourne could use someone to help the younger guys during their rebuild.

I think he will stay anyway, but not for the juicy retirement contract he might have been hoping for.

One player who does deserve one last pay day. Hope he gets back on the field and can secure a couple of years on decent coin, even if it's not with us.

IIRC he is pretty settled in Adelaide, with a South Aussie partner.

One player who does deserve one last pay day. Hope he gets back on the field and can secure a couple of years on decent coin, even if it's not with us.
We are exactly the kind of Club that offers generous pay days to those that should have retired.

Not ideal but gives us the chance to get some games into youngsters
Damn that cat...

But seriously, in a rebuild year it's not a bad thing as it allows us to get more games into out younger key defenders.

I wouldn't be writing him off as a professional off field, so would not surprise it there are still plenty of quality games left in him

mulz

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
chelsea fc
unlikely to see him again this year, Disappointed he wasnt in for surgery earlier, Mcrouch will be next in for surgery, matters little this year in the grand scheme of things, more games into the kids.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
It will be interesting to see how this impacts his future beyond this year

He loves Adelaide however with his 2020-21 run of injuries I can't see us giving him more than 1 year

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Large 1

Club Legend
May 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
unlikely to see him again this year, Disappointed he wasnt in for surgery earlier, Mcrouch will be next in for surgery, matters little this year in the grand scheme of things, more games into the kids.
In for surgery earlier?

Are you disappointed that we do not have a clairvoyant on staff that could have diagnosed this before he started getting symptoms only 2 weeks ago?

If we did have a clairvoyant on staff, they should be head of recruiting!

Last edited:

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will be lucky to play 4 or 5 games with us this year but likely we won't see him. Maybe he got all his operations out of the way before taking up free agency. I don't think we will be throwing much money at him if he stays on.

Back