Discussion TALK OF TOWN - Fixing the Trade Period

How would you resolve our issues with the SFA Trade Period?

• Remove Free Agency

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Remove the top 50% of posting clubs from Free Agency

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I should have a Jaffle with Napoli sauce, chilli, Ham and two types of cheese for lunch

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PSX_20220325_123109.jpg
Welcome to Talk of Town the SFA's only luxury magazine.

Now it wouldn't be a so called luxury magazine without an opinion piece or two, so here we go.

We are quickly yet again steaming towards yet another failure of a trade period, not only is my proposed trade being held up due to Tigerturbulance 's insistence that a Large HSP with extra chilli sauce as a QooberEats delivery is included in any trade. But right now it is looking like we are going to have no completed trades at all.

If you were to look towards the inferior Aussie Rules football league, the AFL, what is the most exciting part of the year? And no it is NOT AFL Grand Final day. It's the trade period where we can oversell any players a team has picked up and give our teams false hope yet again.

The SFA is missing this and I believe if we do not do anything to drastically the makeup of our player movement we will be losing a lost opportunity forever.

Currently teams are reluctant to trade as players are able to move for free during the off season (why not just be patient and get what you want for nothing right?).

This unfortunately opens up the possibility of the stronger clubs yet again picking the carcass if our weaker clubs (The OOBs picking on the Dragons for instance or the Demons with the Furies).

I have two possible solutions to these issues below.

1. We stop ALL free player movement, if a trade cannot be agreed either the player returns to their original club OR they sit out of the SFA for a season and can move afterwards.
2. Clubs in the top 50% of game day posting statistics cannot recruit free agents. This will assist in strengthening our weaker clubs.

Feel free to vote in the pool and let me know your thoughts below.

Okay, thank you. I'll be sure to read it carefully and in detail. :thumbsupv1:
tl;dr version

No one wanted Bonz so lets change the whole structure of the Sweet FA.

The SFA is missing this and I believe if we do not do anything to drastically the makeup of our player movement we will be losing a lost opportunity forever.

How do we lose a lost opportunity? Does that mean we find an opportunity?

Your friendly neighborhood didact,

Braklet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can a team just hurry up and pick him
Aren't half the OOBs made up of sexual deviants (in a good way)? Surprised y'all want to boot Bonz so much.

Option 1 only serves to reduce interest and participation this the league .
Does it though? Has it been tested? Legit asking.

My thinking is the drama, speculation etc of finding workable trades etc might be more engaging than posters just being able to whore themselves out to whoever, whenever. But maybe I'm wrong.

Back