Tayla Harris just got immortalised with a Bronze Statue....

Remove this Banner Ad

And the hype is not justified when a bunch of teenagers would make mince meat out of them in a match :D

By teenagers, I am assuming closer to under 18 than under 13 because girls can only play until under 13s.

There is no doubt their skills are less than ideal but there are several reasons for that

1. They are not full time footballers and it shows. Both Essendon and Hawthorn will start their preseason in November and will be working full time up until the season starts on game plans, skills, and fitness. The girls are basically a throw back to the old days of semi professional footballers with full time jobs, or their main sports skill set are from other sports.

2. The guys start playing footy at 8 or 9 so by the time they are recruited to the AFL or play senior footy, they have played some 10 years, the girls are basically new so the skill set is on par with younger teenagers.

3. The use of old suburban grounds, while great to see them being used but are a reminder of how footy was played in the old days when footballers were working full time with training after work two or three nights a week.

The men's skills are not always that good either with players missing targets by foot or by hand, missing easy shots at goal, and dropping uncontested marks.

Last edited:
That first match was a sell out because it was free to attend. To be a “sell out” there must be a cost.

I have no issue with this statue but you are twisting facts.
It’s in quotation marks therefore don’t take it literally. I couldn’t remember a word for ‘could not fit anymore people in because the arena was full’ and also wasn’t linked to a commercial transaction.

That has nothing to do with racism. It literally says "reverse discrimination'. It also reads like a load of bulls**t. Which given the law is often an ass makes sense.

For the uneducated out there, putting reverse in front of discrimination just makes the term an oxymoron.
i'm sorry, but read it. reverse discrimination covers ethnic & cultural discrimination (racism). you may think it a load of bull, so might I, but it is law over there. they probably think we speak a load of bull.

i'm sorry, but read it. reverse discrimination covers ethnic & cultural discrimination (racism). you may think it a load of bull, so might I, but it is law over there. they probably think we speak a load of bull.

I did read it, it reads like a load of bullshit.

If you remove the word "reverse" you can have exactly the same thing written.

Sounds like it's written by the same kinds of stupid that call people racists for not liking Islam.

I did read it, it reads like a load of bulls**t.

If you remove the word "reverse" you can have exactly the same thing written.

Sounds like it's written by the same kinds of stupid that call people racists for not liking Islam.
But it still means the same thing. So why are you upset about it?

This image seems fitting for this thread.

images

Yes, if you are upset/annoyed by a non-government funded statue being created to signify a moment an Alpha Female took a stand against vulgar and crude male trolls/behaviour, you a manbaby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True because an Alpha does have opinions.
After all that I don't care either way.

It does seem like the Gil and Co are trying to accelerate AFLW's "tradition development" by a factor of 25 or so. Going to be difficult to replicate 100+ years of VFL/AFL history/development in 4-5 years of AFLW. For mine the statue seems to be part of that, though dressed up as a "stand up" moment.

Everyone knows the only reason this is by far the most famous AFLW photo is the camera focused between the legs.

No way it would be this famous or become a statue with a side on shot. It's all about vaginas

The camera captures the entire person. The viewer focuses on specific areas of the photo. I think this says something about you more than the photo to be honest.

The camera captures the entire person. The viewer focuses on specific areas of the photo. I think this says something about you more than the photo to be honest.
That said person likes vagina(s)? Might be a few others in here guilty of that!!! :p :p :p

That said person likes vagina(s)? Might be a few others in here guilty of that!!! :p :p :p

More that he sees a picture of a vagina first and foremost, and thinks the camera is focusing on that area, rather than him being the one doing that. The thinking is a little twisted.

More that he sees a picture of a vagina first and foremost, and thinks the camera is focusing on that area, rather than him being the one doing that. The thinking is a little twisted.
Please tell me you at least laughed a little.

IMO let it be. It doesn't affect my life, but it may be a positive beacon for some little girl somewhere. That's just fine.

Just love the leftie moral outrage to those who don't like it though, always gives me a chuckle.

Media: Here's a new statue of Tayla Harris
Left: Wow this will empower women everywhere!
Right: WTF she's only played 22 games! What about Cathy Freeman?
Left: You stupid idiots! It's about the struggle of women! Can't you see that you complete moron! Get out of your Mum's basement! etc etc

giphy.gif

That's a one sided perspective of how the conversation went down, but hey ... you do you mate.

Please tell me you at least laughed a little.

Didn't laugh as such. I'd agree with you wholeheartedly in a different discussion though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back