Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
I am obviously a fan-boy but the fact she will be releasing two whole albums (the first of which is a favourite for Album of the Year) plus presumably doing the re-recording of her old discography this year is highly impressive (albeit during quarantine when there are no touring or PR commitments). Hopefully evermore also is gunning for AotY in 2021 too...

Cleavy

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
the physical CD is available pre-order at JB Hifi, release date is next Friday (18/12/2020) for $23. not sure if that's the explicit version? Comparatively it's $28 on the AU TS store.

Last edited:

Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever

Karma is a B1tch
Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
the physical CD is available pre-order at JB Hifi, release date is next Friday (18/12/2020) for $23. not sure if that's the explicit version? Comparatively it's $28 on the AU TS store.
I only want the explicit version so I think I’ll wait and not pre order, last time I pre ordered and it was though. I’ll probably be going into the store the next few days so will find out.

Last edited:

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
no body no crime is an absolute slapper
champagne problems unfortunately hits hard for me
willow is the perfect lead and single that shows what evermore is about

I haven't even got halfway yet.

ams4crows

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Gold Rush has a cool flow.

Tolerate it hits way to close to home my god it's sad

Loving No body, no crime, that'll be a smash hit on country radio, also loving Yeehaw Taylor on Cowboy like me too

Dorothea, Ivy and Marjorie are all excellent

Is the production on Closure a direct call out to Kanye? It has his beats type of vibe. The production is Hella distracting.

Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever

Karma is a B1tch
Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
I love all the songs. Though there was one that I thought was a little boring but it might grow on me bc I remember saying that about a couple on folklore and then I ended up liking them later on.

The stand out for me was “Cowboy Like Me”. Along with some of the ones mentioned in this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
I got to the end.

marjorie is unbelievably good, I can see why many are fans of the writing in it
evermore is terrific and showcases Bon Iver's range - and also related to me personally
long story short and closure are somewhat meh, maybe they will grow on me

Overall a stellar addition to the discography, probably just as good as folklore. Barely any fillers and some absolute greats in there, her songwriting is top notch for this one even if I think some of the production is a bit iffy.

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Album hasn't grabbed me like folklore has.

Do really like Dorthea and Marjorie though.

Evermore is great until Bon Iver comes in IMO.
I'd rank the album overall below folklore but I like evermore (the song) - the tempo change has grown on me. It's also a neat way to represent a change in outlook halfway through the song.

ams4crows

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Fantastic almost hour long interview about Folklore and Evermore with Zane Lowe, is probably the best interview with her in about 5 years

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Zane Lowe is brilliant. He interviewed Springsteen earlier this year about the release of his new album and I think it's the best interview with him I've ever seen.

Cruyff14

TheBrownDog
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Listened to the Red album in full yesterday. A very good album - probably 4/5 for me. Maybe two weak tracks on there.

Holy Ground and Starlight are great tracks.

And that opening foursome is outstanding.

Remove this Banner Ad