NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, I work in Federal Govt and if I said the same I would be unemployed right now.

I have read this type of comment a coupe of times, but it’s not accurate in referring to a job in the Australian Public Service.

In the APS the Policy falls under SafeWorkAustralia and WHS Act.

What Walker did would be considered harassment. This is by definition that it was a singular event of offensive language or comments, and was not an ongoing or repeated behaviour.

Even under what is considered bullying, the APS conducts a step process that looks towards resolution between parties, not termination.

An assessment would be made to determine the risk of ongoing harm to health and safety, which could involve reassignment or leave to each party.

Steps would then be taken to attempt to resolve the matter between parties or at a team level through reconciliation.

This process could also have been self managed by aggrieved parties.

If the matter was still unresolved an investigation would take place (usually many months).

The actions taken once the investigation is complete should then correlate with the severity of the bullying, such actions may include:
- Direct a cease and desist regarding the behaviour with commitment not to repeat.
- provide information to raise awareness
- provide training
- provide counseling
- review policy measures
- address organisational issues
- request an apology
- provide verbal or written apology
- transfer to another work area
- demotion or dismissal subject to workplace retention laws.

Considering Walkers action falls into the lesser offences of harassment and not bullying under APS definition, let alone considered “serious bullying’, he would have a case for unfair dismissal for this event if he worked in the APS and was dismissed.

Read about it here:

Last edited:
In posts on page 111 Walker has comparisons to a convicted rapist and a drug addict.

Surely one day, upon reflection, the severity of a racial one liner as overheard by a third party, will be put into context in relation to Jailable offences at the high end of the criminal scale.

Maybe….

and on extension, how much grief (or lack of) has Brad Crouch received for drug use since moving to St Kilda. Almost like it never happened.

I'm only going to speak about my personal motivations and am not implying anyone needs to do anything but do what they feel is best.

For me its about raising the bar of what is generally acceptable.

As a country I think we have a general tolerance level for racism which is obviously influenced by the culmination of the public's respective thoughts on the matter.

I personally think that where this level currently sits is too high and generally speaking we are too accepting of racism. It means alot to me to try and shift this level in the right direction.

To shift general opinion is really hard. The best way to do this is to use high profile opportunities to influence as many as possible. I'm not talking about making an example of people, Im talking about using it as an opportunity to talk and discuss these things openly, honestly and respectfully.

There's no moral high ground from my perspective and I don't think I'm better than anyone else. I just really want this tolerance level to change.

Someone used violence as a comparison, which I think is a good one. It is generally accepted that violence is not ok, even though it happens sometimes. But we teach our kids from an early age that it is bad thing and something we do not do. The public's tolerance for senseless violence is very low.

I just wish the publics tolerance for racism was similar and Im motivated to try and shift this level, especially for my kids.

At this point it all comes down to whether the rest of the playing group accepts Tex back into the group. The rest of the noise means nothing.
I agree the group need to accept him back but there are more facets to this beyond the control of the AFC.
I hope he plays again but I'm worried that decision might effectively be out of his hands.

Speciesism - this world, the atrocities overlooked for hyped up media stories like this (I'm totally not for his comments and am for stamping out racism) but

As a gay man, I have found myself when really angry using an explicit gay slander to someone - and I am NOW WAY anti gay - so this argument does NOT hold up And half the people commenting on this subject in Australia have probably once in their life said something hurtful that was racist or derogative when really angry at someone for a moment but felt wrong straight after for doing so. IT's like saying you hate your brother in a big argument - does that mean you actually Hate him? This whole matter has appallingly being blown up thanks to media and social media- IF you can't tell the difference between good and evil (and stupid) in this world, then there is a problem. There are far more sh*te people who need pulling down.

There is an acceptance in society that it is acceptable to use words for groups in which you belong that wouldn't be acceptable if you weren't part of that group.

African Americans call each other the N word. Homosexuals can call each other the f word etc.

Do you think there'd be an issue if it'd been a First Nation person saying 'go hit that black...' ? Of course not.

Well said. Don’t bother arguing with this guy. Old mate is rusted on with his views. If you don’t agree with him, you ‘are part of the problem’
Welcome back Morgs.

To be clear, I think you’re part of the problem. I recall you were suggesting that the official who reported Tex was a ‘SJW/Dobber’ and you had trouble understanding why you were a clown for posting it.

Well said. Don’t bother arguing with this guy. Old mate is rusted on with his views. If you don’t agree with him, you ‘are part of the problem’
👍🏼
In posts on page 111 Walker has comparisons to a convicted rapist and a drug addict.

Surely one day, upon reflection, the severity of a racial one liner as overheard by a third party, will be put into context in relation to Jailable offences at the high end of the criminal scale.

Maybe….

and on extension, how much grief (or lack of) has Brad Crouch received for drug use since moving to St Kilda. Almost like it never happened.
👍🏼

Welcome back Morgs.

To be clear, I think you’re part of the problem. I recall you were suggesting that the official who reported Tex was a ‘SJW/Dobber’ and you had trouble understanding why you were a clown for posting it.

And I recall you framing anyone who doesn’t agree with yourself as racist or part of the problem, without realising your are being intolerant yourself.

Some people here acknowledge what was said is unacceptable, but argue that the punishment exceeds the crime.

And some people think others are hyper-ventilating over this because they programmed to be outraged, because it is politically expected to do so.

That aside, happy Thursday. Looking forward to the footy !

It did warrant the comment bar one 5 letter word, Young and Moore were niggling, hitting, verballing and harassing Matt Crouch for the entire game, looked suspiciously like a coaching directive. Crouch showed great composure not to retaliate.
That 5 letter word - agree it was out of line - but that some want to hang him for
Seriously
but that is just it..there so much outrage because Taylor Walker said something he should not have with some never being prepared to accept he can rehabilitate etc, yet there is apathy across the spectrum towards punishing people for behind the play hits - common assault. I understand the hurt that racism brings and it should be stamped out but on the flipside, physical assault has the potential to severely injure someone or worse yet it is nothing to see here and is just tolerated by the fact that small fines or short suspensions are all that follow. Just seems odd to me.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Anyway the club should tape over the Optus logos on its jumpers for the last 2 games
Yep
Adios optus
So wait… at first she said it was only overheard by a crows official who reported it… but now there are four witnesses? fu** off.
It was 1 trainer and Matt Crouch
Is the horse dead yet?

When will this flogging stop? When racism is dead? Yeah, that's going to take a while.

Enough now. And fu** off Wilson you vindictive journo hack.
She’s a harridan
A screeching banshee
And she lies
Probably due to what was said prior to the incident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes
Precisely
One things certain so far...there are two sides to the story and we’ve only heard perhaps 30% of one side.
Eventually it will come out
Wasn’t just the strike (allegedly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No
It wasn’t

I don't think it's comparable is it? What I struggle with in Tex's scenario is this wasn't bad judgement or brainfade. That kind of language has been completely unacceptable for years and would only be used by someone who used that language before.
I think wearing blackface publicly is a LOT worse than what Tex said.

Happy for Walker to be the face of change and all that goes with it to redeem himself for what he said and educate others

But..

The club is not his vehicle to do it, the club owes him nothing.
We are an inclusive football club looking to win premierships and provide enjoyment.
Harsh maybe but Tex has now caused a massive issue he can own elsewhere not our football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or what Robbie Young said that caused Tex to retaliate...allegedly

I wonder why nobody in the media has asked that question out loud ?
Maybe because they already know ……

Happy for Walker to be the face of change and all that goes with it to redeem himself for what he said and educate others

But..

We are an inclusive football club looking to win premierships and provide enjoyment.
Harsh maybe but Tex has now caused a massive issue he can own elsewhere not our football club.
Wrong

There is an acceptance in society that it is acceptable to use words for groups in which you belong that wouldn't be acceptable if you weren't part of that group.

African Americans call each other the N word. Homosexuals can call each other the f word etc.

Do you think there'd be an issue if it'd been a First Nation person saying 'go hit that black...' ? Of course not.
Oh dear.

Just want to add a thought. Tex is responsible for his words, but he isn’t responsible for all the hurt/angst towards racism. They are 2 separate equations.
The true racists are the ones who come on social media and make blanketed statements “all blacks are...”.

But..

" the club owes him nothing." wow that's a statement.
Over 200 games, Highest ever goal scorer, face of the club during Phil Walsh tragedy, voted best captain in the AFL on a number of occasions, looked after Stengle when he wandered and others and on and on.

Maybe you might want another club if your not happy.

" the club owes him nothing." wow that's a statement.
Over 200 games, Highest ever goal scorer, face of the club during Phil Walsh tragedy, voted best captain in the AFL on a number of occasions, looked after Stengle when he wandered and others and on and on.

Maybe you might want another club if your not happy.
800k + per year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back