• New Jumper With the State Team Colours

Votes: 105 59.3%
  • State team design but logo instead of map

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Something completely original

Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this, without the state on it. Simple, but unique.

5bbcc7aa02c0d.jpg

Tassie Jumper idea - taken from the late 70's State Jumper, but with the later colours.

Could be a good use of it, and if you consider that Adelaide's jumper is essential one of the early SA jumpers with the stripes rotated 90 degrees, it works to take something old and make it new.

Attachments

• TAS JUMPER.jpg
    TAS JUMPER.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 185

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think using the map is a bit… “co-optful”, and from a marketing perspective it’s very outdated. I think the “T” ultimately becomes your brand, so that’s your hark back to the traditional jumper.

I had thought that, from a marketing perspective/the perspective of attracting young people, those Devils guernseys provided an ok starting point, but wow they’ve aged badly.

The one in my head, which I can't create yet because my computer art skills are fairly inadequate, is based upon the jumper they used in 2007. The white slash is based upon the stripe on a real devil's stomach, and has been stylise to look like the Southern Coast of Tassie if you flew in from Antarctica at very high altitude. I'd straighten the edges of the band and fatten it up to the dimensions of the mid-90's Bears jumper or current Freo, and change the white to gold and a dark red...if that colour is rose and looks good under lights, then perfect. Maybe imagine Freo chevrons converging to points at the armpits, and little barbs sticking out representing the West coast and the Tasman Peninsula. The North of the state would be drawn along the back of the neck, with the map in the middle of it. No white on the jumper, unless it's a mandated clash colour...the dominant colour is a darker green than this image, and the gold and primrose should be very sparing...the V graphics and that's it...

Attachments

• R.jpg
    R.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
...if the boringly predictable Tasmania Devils is used...
The alternative is something we could get sick of anyway with no previous attachment...plenty of abstract nouns that haven't been snapped up by sporting teams yet. This is one of the few areas that personally I want blatantly obvious, not creatively original...!

Two headed dark green state sporting monster, two state icons in the Tigers and Devils, mashing mainlanders alternatively during summer and winter...added bonus is basketball, something none of us previously followed but we're now all over it...! The more predictably imminent the better...I want them to know who we are through dreaded familiarity the second we exist..

The alternative is something we could get sick of anyway with no previous attachment...plenty of abstract nouns that haven't been snapped up by sporting teams yet. This is one of the few areas that personally I want blatantly obvious, not creatively original...!

Two headed dark green state sporting monster, two state icons in the Tigers and Devils, mashing mainlanders alternatively during summer and winter...added bonus is basketball, something none of us previously followed but we're now all over it...! The more predictably imminent the better...I want them to know who we are through dreaded familiarity the second we exist..

Yes, so many nicknames are boring. If not for familiarity over decades, they could be any sport, anywhere. Especially newer ones like Giants & Suns. Even Eagles & Power.

With Devils, its a Tasmanian Icon. They'll see us coming from decades ago!!!! ;)

Its a club side, not a state side. State sides play against others states.
State colours are fine, but never The Map in club football. (edit: and yes, I know they already cheapened it in the VFL)
Totally agree with this. It should be a representative side. Same colours is fine. Primrose, forest green and maroon.

Had to google primrose after that! I've always been under the impression that primrose was the reddish colour on our jumper that looks horrible as a t-shirt but makes me salute when I see it on the state jumper! A primrose is a plant with pale yellow flowers. However, primrose also refers to a range of subtle colours, including the very shade of red we put on our guernsey, so it seems to refer to the intensity of the colour as much as what colour it is...

Either way, we are a certain shade of dark green with some version of red and yellow. A bit of license...just make it look cool under lights...have a look at the Gold Coast Chargers jumper from way back and marvel at the way it looked inexplicably amazing under lights...! If we have to add anything else, make it black, and if they say we need a white clash then whatever...looks great on the JJumpers. But no teal...or charcoal...or power rangers...

Back