Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just been working on a new realistic template using the Yellow Images one as a base. Made slight adjustments to the cuffs and collars and I reckon it's turned out quite well but open to a second opinion on here. The image of the template after has shotty quality but it's HD I assure you.

Before After
1590977202089.png 1590977185552.png

Just been working on a new realistic template using the Yellow Images one as a base. Made slight adjustments to the cuffs and collars and I reckon it's turned out quite well but open to a second opinion on here. The image of the template after has shotty quality but it's HD I assure you.

Before After
View attachment 884797 View attachment 884796
really like the adjustment to the neckline, what are you going to be doing in terms of shorts and socks?

really like the adjustment to the neckline, what are you going to be doing in terms of shorts and socks?
Thanks, I'm planning to use the Yellow images shorts I have (I think they're the Rugby Shorts) and try shorten the height of them to give them a ratio closer to footy shorts. As for the Sock I'll probably just use those soccer ones they have.
1590982053706.png

Edit: Just put this together in a short amount of time (mind the pun). Was a lot easier to do than I anticipated but I think they pass pretty good as footy shorts.
1590983916881.png

Last edited:
after working on a couple of realistic guernsey templates following el scorcho's guide, i found an image that was a bit simpler to work with (see original image in spoiler below) in regards to working up designs.

i've come up with the below as a presentation template (with a couple other templates for competitions to be used down the track), showing the whole set. i've tested this new template based on a previously created design for reference (see below in spoiler).

01_DISPLAY.png

02_DISPLAY.png

03_DISPLAY.png

think i've got most of the shading fairly accurate, there are some tricky bits i'm not 100% on around the shorts.

also gave a new collar a go (didn't like the hawks one haha), based on the eagles castore set up. might play around with some other options too.

having not worked with designs on a 3d guernsey before, i still need to work on it a bit. not entirely sure how the sash should be positioned, looks like it's slightly off line a bit. i guess the best way to try and learn is to try recreate designs from existing teams and see how it best works.

any other feedback would be appreciated, cheers.

after working on a couple of realistic guernsey templates following el scorcho's guide, i found an image that was a bit simpler to work with (see original image in spoiler below) in regards to working up designs.

i've come up with the below as a presentation template (with a couple other templates for competitions to be used down the track), showing the whole set. i've tested this new template based on a previously created design for reference (see below in spoiler).

View attachment 1037068

View attachment 1037069

View attachment 1037070

think i've got most of the shading fairly accurate, there are some tricky bits i'm not 100% on around the shorts.

also gave a new collar a go (didn't like the hawks one haha), based on the eagles castore set up. might play around with some other options too.

having not worked with designs on a 3d guernsey before, i still need to work on it a bit. not entirely sure how the sash should be positioned, looks like it's slightly off line a bit. i guess the best way to try and learn is to try recreate designs from existing teams and see how it best works.

God that looks clean. And with unconvenional designs they're always going to look better than the standard stripes/sashes/hoops on a realistic template at first.

With the smart guides have you tried replicating Mitchell's guernsey? Because that would be a great start, and then go your hoops and everything else should fall in line! The sash does look like it gets wider on the left but try finding a reference image and slightly adjust your guides accordingly until it looks pretty similar 😊

View attachment 1037068

View attachment 1037069

View attachment 1037070

1610005536648.png

God that looks clean. And with unconvenional designs they're always going to look better than the standard stripes/sashes/hoops on a realistic template at first.

With the smart guides have you tried replicating Mitchell's guernsey? Because that would be a great start, and then go your hoops and everything else should fall in line! The sash does look like it gets wider on the left but try finding a reference image and slightly adjust your guides accordingly until it looks pretty similar 😊
true that, i guess i'm lucky i found a decent image of one with a traditional design too.

comparison below. i did try to simplify the creases & shadows a bit in some areas, haven't added in the little tag at the bottom right either yet. wasn't too keen on replicating the exact same one, so i'll probably try add one in next. will give the hoops a go as well! from the below i can see a bit of variance in the shading of the shorts, so i might try fix that as well with the blending options.

front-guernsey-comparison.png

(MOVED from scorcho's thread to here since it probs wasn't the right thread)

This might sound stupid but have any of you just tried clone stamping the guernsey features out then tracing that part of the guernsey (say body/torso), Then using a solid colour fill followed by a messing with whatever it's called where you find screen and also messing with opacity?
This is what I'm doing for my ABA template. It keeps shadowing and all texture features say like the little dot cooler things on an NBA jersey.
Here's how it's going just to show you the difference I haven't completed it but left a line between red and orange.
ABAtemp.png
EDIT: I really ****ed up the terminology lol.
EDIT 2: I know I screwed some clone stamps up no need to tell me ;)

Last edited:
(MOVED from scorcho's thread to here since it probs wasn't the right thread)

This might sound stupid but have any of you just tried clone stamping the guernsey features out then tracing that part of the guernsey (say body/torso), Then using a solid colour fill followed by a messing with whatever it's called where you find screen and also messing with opacity?
This is what I'm doing for my ABA template. It keeps shadowing and all texture features say like the little dot cooler things on an NBA jersey.
I don't mean to discredit anything and I feel like the other one is more of a flex since it takes more work but this might be easier for beginners.
Here's how it's going just to show you the difference I haven't completed it but left a line between red and orange.
View attachment 1040400
EDIT: I really f’ed up the terminology lol.
EDIT 2: I know I screwed some clone stamps up no need to tell me ;)

I use Photoshop CS6's content aware fill a lot for this sort of thing, removing logos etc

Basically, trace around the item you want to remove, then edit > fill and make sure it's set to content aware.

You might need to have a couple of goes at it and use the healing brush or clone stamp tool to tidy it up, but I find that the most efficient way. It won't keep things like the perforation dots properly though.

Been playing with procreate on iPad seeing if can make a nice realistic/abstract template using my Republik one as a base, cleaned up sides, added a shirt fabric dot pattern, cleaned up his hair and a broad stroke around the kit and player. Honestly it is very pleasant to work with!

01D41217-9755-45B9-9735-BEFC87BA9F9C.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a bit quiet because I've lost access to adobe products however I've been working on making some templates in keynote. This is one that I've made up and quite happy with it- Thoights?

View attachment 1061390
Keynote is the Apple version of powerpoint right? If so, this is really cool and it looks great. Some tips though:
- Maybe bring the cuffs in to make them look less like they stick off the sides of the jumper and more like a part of the jumper.
- Also on the cuffs the bottom looks a bit thinner than the top, I like the thickness of the cuffs at the top so that thickness for the whole length would work.
- I think the NB logo looks a little bit big, I'd shrink that and bring the 3 breast logos down a little bit.
Besides that, really good stuff :thumbsu:

Been a bit quiet because I've lost access to adobe products however I've been working on making some templates in keynote. This is one that I've made up and quite happy with it- Thoights?

View attachment 1061390
Looks good you've done well. Fizzler is right with the cuffs and I'd say bring the hem stitching up a tad and also use the AFL number font. Keep up the good work

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Keynote is the Apple version of powerpoint right? If so, this is really cool and it looks great. Some tips though:
- Maybe bring the cuffs in to make them look less like they stick off the sides of the jumper and more like a part of the jumper.
- Also on the cuffs the bottom looks a bit thinner than the top, I like the thickness of the cuffs at the top so that thickness for the whole length would work.
- I think the NB logo looks a little bit big, I'd shrink that and bring the 3 breast logos down a little bit.
Besides that, really good stuff :thumbsu:
Is this better?
1613790470059.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back