Remove this Banner Ad

Frodo

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 17, 2000
Perth, Western Australia.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I suggest that due to the recently introduced anti-terrorism laws legislation that a sticky is posted to the effect that posts that may be construed as to be inciting terrorism are outlawed.

This is particularly pertinant to the society and culture board.

The thing that bugs me is all this "suspicious activity" nonsense. The ad states that if you see something suspicious, call the number. Now, what they didn't do is be more specific. How do you define 'suspicious'? I'm driving through the Sydney suburbs, get lost, stop the car in front of someone's house just to look at a map. The person in the house calls the police because I look 'suspicious' for stopping the car in front of the house for 'too long'. Yes, it's true. Some paranoid idiots do think that this related to terrorism because it's 'suspicious', and it HAS happened before. A friend got busted because he had done the exact same thing.

This anti-terrorism bull**** is making us more worried rather than cautious. That stupid advertisement doesn't help either. Next thing you'll know, someone will call that number and get the federal police on to you... because you look suspicious, no matter what you're doing. It's getting to our heads!

I think a little less pandering to the fearmongers and a little more common sense is in order.

The chance of any of us falling victim to a terrorist attack is remote.

I've played backgammon online with people from Irael. They seem less worried about terrorism than some people I've talked to over here.

Maybe Frodo was referring to the hatred flying around, arguments about religion etc..... getting a little heated out there....

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
yes i am going to send a bomb through my computer to yours

err not if I have a "firewall" ;) heheh I quite liked that joke =D

Originally posted by BluesBabe666
Maybe Frodo was referring to the hatred flying around, arguments about religion etc..... getting a little heated out there....

WTF Where do you come up with these ideas, I suggest you read Frodo's post again but a little slower this time. :confused:

Originally posted by Frodo
She was spot on.

Since when has people arguing over religion & politics been construed as inciting terrorism. :confused:

Guess I really shouldn't be surprised you put that spin on it though.

Originally posted by mantis
Since when has people arguing over religion & politics been construed as inciting terrorism. :confused:

Guess I really shouldn't be surprised you put that spin on it though.

Since they started posting pro terrorist posts which are anti-Australian. That's not spin. Read those supporting Palestine terrorists, Al Quaeda and Iraq.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frodo

Sorry, but you are taking anti Australian government posts as anti Australian, same as the people who say people who bag the Bush government are being anti US, there is a huge difference.

Now let's take this back to the S & C board. :D

Frodo

Sorry, but you are taking anti Australian government posts as anti Australian, same as the people who say people who bag the Bush government are being anti US, there is a huge difference.

Now let's take this back to the S & C board. :D

No..I'm talking about the pro palestinian, Al Quaeda posts.

I'd just be glad that we have rights to relatively free speech in this country.

I haven't seen anything posted recently that I wouldn't expect to see printed by some sort of media in this country.

Go and have a look at some of the things written in Uni papers and you'll see far worse than has been posted here............I don't see them being shut down due to the new legislation.........

WTF Where do you come up with these ideas, I suggest you read Frodo's post again but a little slower this time. :confused:

THESE ideas?? Sooorreee Ma'am, didnt know i was renowned for stupid ideas, acording to YOU! :rolleyes: You couldnt just ask what i meant without coming across as being a bitch, just once?

I THINK what Frodo was meaning to say, is that there are some weird people out there on the internet, not necessarily regular posters, that would read some of the S&C discussions (particularly Iran, Quran and Islam ones) and get angry at some of the things said and do... whatever.

Originally posted by BluesBabe666
THESE ideas?? Sooorreee Ma'am, didnt know i was renowned for stupid ideas, acording to YOU! :rolleyes: You couldnt just ask what i meant without coming across as being a bitch, just once?

I THINK what Frodo was meaning to say, is that there are some weird people out there on the internet, not necessarily regular posters, that would read some of the S&C discussions (particularly Iran, Quran and Islam ones) and get angry at some of the things said and do... whatever.

You go girlfriend!

Frodo if you are worried about some of the posts please do me a favour and report them to the mods. I understand your concern, but some specific feedback is needed so we can work out what people find really objectionable.

Most of this stuff would be just a minority of clowns attempting to get attention.

Originally posted by Frodo
No..I'm talking about the pro palestinian, Al Quaeda posts.

im sorry, did i read that correctly? So being pro palestinian means your a terrorist threat? lol lol lol hehehehehehehe hahahahahaha

thanks for the laugh hehehehehehehehehhahahahahahahaha

haaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... *breathes*

frodo -- you make me laugh. this has been the highlight of the past hour.

now if you'll excuse me. i am going to bed where i will dream of much better things then 'terrorism' and 'anti-australianism'

*stab*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back