The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed that WC were $5 to beat GC early in the week from Sportsbet. And today just looks like more of the same from the last 3 weeks. WC look like they are back.
Couldnt get the win but I think we're back in at least a competitive way. Last two years simply havent been competitive with a lot of games being over by HT.

We've turned a corner. Perhaps could have won today if Reid and Barrass had played. We really need Flynn back as well as we got slaughtered in the ruck.

Couldnt get the win but I think we're back in at least a competitive way. Last two years simply havent been competitive with a lot of games being over by HT.

We've turned a corner. Perhaps could have won today if Reid and Barrass had played. We really need Flynn back as well as we got slaughtered in the ruck.
Given the allegations this year, I assume Reid was on the nose beers last week hence the "managed" against his name

;)

After 16 years of Geelong making the finals in all but 2 years? It shouldn’t annoy anyone anymore, it’s just the way it is lol. Death, taxes, and betting that Geelong will make Top 2 before the start of the year and winning the bet.
I don't know mate. These rebuilds are bloody tough on us lol.

125,000 "members" as if they are all full seated members wanting to or able to go to all games. The reality is they might see a slight increase in regular matchday attendance but I doubt it would be by enough to justify playing more games at the MCG.

Michael Christian over the years has well made a lot of terrible decisions, that would be right up there.

The fine itself is a little bit high (in fact you don’t tend to see them any more than $2000) but it was definitely a fine. Off the ball hits usually are fines. The job is for the four field umpires to pay attention of what’s happening and none of them did their job correctly in that instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fine itself is a little bit high (in fact you don’t tend to see them any more than $2000) but it was definitely a fine. Off the ball hits usually are fines. The job is for the four field umpires to pay attention of what’s happening and none of them did their job correctly in that instance.
I'll agree to disagree with you on that one, thought he could have stayed on his feet, but what's done is done I suppose.

I'll agree to disagree with you on that one, thought he could have stayed on his feet, but what's done is done I suppose.
Hope we challenge. Media happy to report it as a dive. David King on commentary said he played for the free kick and lost.

Wouldn't be surprised if we accept purely as it is a fine and may not be worth the hassle, but hope we do challenge. Absolutely nothing in it, and football karma saw the ball sail over Williams head for a Henry mark and goal.

Hope we challenge. Media happy to report it as a dive. David King on commentary said he played for the free kick and lost.

Wouldn't be surprised if we accept purely as it is a fine and may not be worth the hassle, but hope we do challenge. Absolutely nothing in it, and football karma saw the ball sail over Williams head for a Henry mark and goal.

It was challenged and reduced to $3750. I think that’s done now.

125,000 "members" as if they are all full seated members wanting to or able to go to all games. The reality is they might see a slight increase in regular matchday attendance but I doubt it would be by enough to justify playing more games at the MCG.
Makes far more sense than Hawthorn playing there. We've got the 3rd highest attendance figure in the league, behind Collingwood/Essendon (Essendon just got a nice boost with ANZAC day as well).

It makes commercial sense to have us play more at the G.

Don't think I'd call it a dive. He did hit him.

I agree it was play on but it's not like there was no contact.

Not meaning to dismiss the graph but seeing where the Bulldogs sit and then thinking of them as a premiership threat is pretty funny.

It's just a points for v points against chart lol, pretty heavily dependent on who you've played. Just posted because of the player in the picture.

It's just a points for v points against chart lol, pretty heavily dependent on who you've played. Just posted because of the player in the picture.
Yeah I knew that, I assumed the green square was them saying who was sitting in the premiership window/hunt etc.

And yeah, pretty popular at the moment. Can still get him at $4.50.

Yeah I knew that, I assumed the green square was them saying who was sitting in the premiership window/hunt etc.

And yeah, pretty popular at the moment. Can still get him at $4.50.

It is, it's a simplistic measure for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back