The Australian Greens - What are they Doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

He could have also not held a press conference on the Religious Freedom Bill on the day Sydney was choking from smoke from the bushfires.
To both, what do you want him to do? Simple question, he came back from holiday, lots of people were on holiday!!!
Tell me how much withdrawing of finances the PM killed off, do you know? Or do you even know if he did! Are you full of generalisations there were councils not preparing properly pre fireseason look into that too hey?
Instead of effing well kicking Morrison in the guts, these fires are bad some of you just want a reason to hate the bloke in charge, I don't suppose you want to join the brigade of nut cases that blame Morrison for the massacre in New Zealand , oh wait?????
And who were they that had their protecting the bushfire season finances cut? By how much , by how much give us figures , you full of everything else.
Was it the councils who didn't want to spend on their local fire fighting regions , give names and figures and politicians signing off on cutting finances to fire protection, DO THAT!!! Because if what you are saying those in charge should be jailed for what they did, IF THEY DID IT? Prove it, or say something reasonable insted of a list of one liners?
Thank Christ the footy season is coming on, lets hope the AFL don't screw it up any further.

Not snuck out of the country to Hawaii as the fires were raging in NSW
Not get my office to lie about been on holiday.
Not blamed my family for going to Hawaii.
Not ripped out funding for federal firefighting budget
Met with fire chiefs who for 8 months wanted to discuss the disastrous fire season they saw coming
Provided federal support to the states far sooner than they did to help once the fires broke out
Actually show some empathy and listen to people on the ground, not just force a handshake for a photo op

And what do the Greens have to do with anything? They support back burning.
https://greens.org.au/bushfires
The Greens will say anything, and they influence things, if they didn't we wouldn't be blaming bushfires on climate change we would not have green councils banning Christmas decorations or Xmas lights or continuesly demanding bulldust political correctness, the Greens and their angry little fellow Di Natale are mischief makers and they are in the parliament cross benches screwing everything up, with their mates Get Up,.Where are they? At the moment?

Go back to chasing Japanese whalers, or shark fin slicers , or seal killers or dolphin slaughter , that's what Greens should do, not whinge and make a nuisance of themselves just about permanently these days. Thats enough , I know what I KNOW, AND YOU DON'T.
WOW sounded a bit like Rex Hunt then! Beaudeee.

The Greens will say anything, and they influence things, if they didn't we wouldn't be blaming bushfires on climate change we would not have green councils banning Christmas decorations or Xmas lights or continuesly demanding bulldust political correctness, the Greens and their angry little fellow Di Natale are mischief makers and they are in the parliament cross benches screwing everything up, with their mates Get Up,.Where are they? At the moment?

You’re horribly ill-informed and clearly susceptible to bullshit posts on social media.

Also, well done ignoring the full post saying what Morrison could have done better.

His post is rather valid actually.

Shocked you agree.

The Greens should be congratulated for wielding so much power with no actual power.

Of course we need CO2 to survive, but there is far too much of it in the atmosphere at the moment. We need to get down to about 300ppm, we're currently at 415ppm or thereabouts, and rising.

No

paleo_CO2_2018_620.gif
If its that high 2018 now, then how come we aren't all drowning, if high CO2 brings global warming as the warmers tell us is the problem, was the CO2 way up high too when the glaciers began to melt 20 or 30 thousand years ago, or when it began, WELL IT LOOKS AS IF NO?
I am not sure, but the panic merchants are blaming CO2, for warming?
Yet on that graph it appears the last hundred thousand years the CO2 graph showed CO2 to be below the (300 ppm) wasn't there an ice age in that period, that MELTED?

My point is if thats right, and of course all prehistoric study is subject to change and theory can differ, as can some measurements, so, to me what that graph shows is if our 2018 ppm at 407ppm is higher now according to the graph than then 100,000 yrs past, some kind of a miscalculation ???

Because the ice glaciers melted when the CO2 WAS LOWER OR AT NORMAL, meaning it was warming then?? WITH LOWER CO2.

Yes folks Even with LOWER THAN NOW CO2 .

We had an ice age AND IT MELTED Yes?

Doesn't that mean that cooling or warming may come from something else, not fossil fuel burning, see the quandary ?

I may not have explained that properly , but think on it, look at the graph, and see that the globe warmed up even with lower CO2, THATS IF THE GRAPH IS RIGHT???
Or is this exactly what you were pointing out Lethality?
Think on it. Warming from the middle I guess, of the last 100,000 years, lower to "normal" CO2, NO FOSSIL FUEL BURNING!!.

But now fossil fuel IS BURNED FOR 300 YEARS OR SO, but the climate now is a debatable question, as to whether its warming or just floating along as normal even with the fossil fuel burning. You got to see that there is some dispute here?
WE THE HUMAN RACE SHOULD BY THE WARMERS CALCULATIONS, ABOUT THE TERRIBLE CO2, BE COOKED AND READY TO EAT!
How's that from an old fossil!!! ha .

If its that high 2018 now, then how come we aren't all drowning, if high CO2 brings global warming as the warmers tell us is the problem, was the CO2 way up high too when the glaciers began to melt 20 or 30 thousand years ago, or when it began, WELL IT LOOKS AS IF NO?

The glaciers are already melted compared to the Ice Age, if that's what you're talking about. There was so much ice back then, and so much water stored in them, that new land bridges appeared, which have since been covered over again when the ice melted.

The process is too gradual to actual drown people just from a sudden increase in sea levels.

As your question is a hypothetical, it’s quite likely, a party that is for protecting the environment, wouldn’t have cut the funding to organisations, that are responsible for hazard reduction and fighting fires.

The Greens like to have a bob each way. They say they are in favour of hazard reduction burns. But then they also say broad scale hazard reduction threatens biodiversity conservation.

But my question was directed at Di Natale's statement.

Just because we cannot tie any one individual fire to the climate emergency doesn’t mean that those who refuse to act are not responsible for these blazes.​

Implementing Greens policies over the last 30 years would have made absolutely no difference to the world's climate, and hence no difference to these fires. Di Natale was just being a campaigner.

True but Di Nutali and GREENS DON'T LIKE BACK BURNING AND FIREBREAKS AND OF COURSE POLITICIANS ARE ALL THE SAME , THIS MOB AND THE LAST MOB AND THE DAMNED GREENS, ALL HAVE ONLY ONE END, POLITICAL SCORING, AND ITS BULLSHIT,
I'D LIKE SOME FIGURES ON HOW MUCH MONEY AND TO WHO IT WAS CUT, DETAILED TOO I BET NO ONE CAN, AND WITH BACK UP.

That's the problem who knows whether it was money the cause for the horrific conditions for catastrophic fires, which councils were knocked on the head by no financing, and why, or whether it was green or left or conservation policies that cut down the amount of clearing that was allowed, I know in m this state many years ago the EPA was really pissed off with burn offs in the off season.
As for the party responsible? Maybe it was councils at local level that need to look at themselves they have money in their pockets. Or policies hey?

I agree with your caps paragraph in regards to politicians and parties, I do though question why the Greens, if it was all down to political scoring, have never rebranded or made their policies more appealing to win more votes. I’m not a Greens voter but the blaming of them in this case I find absurd. The state and federal governments in power need to take responsibility for the lack of funding and the policies in place within their states.

I don’t think it should be a Green this, left, this, right that. As summers get hotter and winters get drier, regardless of why it’s happening, more money and resources need to be spent to deal with it.

Without quoting the Royal commission from Black Saturday, I think they called for a 5% target in hazard reduction, as far as I’m aware, this wasn’t implemented and I only assume it’s because of cost.

It was interesting listening to the NSW fire commissioner speak a few days ago, he said Barnaby Joyce was speaking nonsense in blaming the Greens (political point scoring) and more interestingly he spoke about how last year when they were doing hazard reduction burns, that he was public enemy number one and faced a backlash from Sydney do to smoke and air quality.

Lastly, without going in to why it’s occurring, if it’s natural or man made, if the summers are hotter, longer and the Winters shorter and drier, which is making our fire season longer and more dangerous, our funding needs to increase, our resources need to increase and our approach needs to reflect the current climate.

The Greens like to have a bob each way. They say they are in favour of hazard reduction burns. But then they also say broad scale hazard reduction threatens biodiversity conservation.

But my question was directed at Di Natale's statement.

Just because we cannot tie any one individual fire to the climate emergency doesn’t mean that those who refuse to act are not responsible for these blazes.​

Implementing Greens policies over the last 30 years would have made absolutely no difference to the world's climate, and hence no difference to these fires. Di Natale was just being a campaigner.

Di Natale is a very smart man, so what’s he basing his assessment on? Surely he thinks that if he was in power the chance of bush fires, the severity, the duration would be less or would we just be better prepared.

A changing climate imo has made the summers hotter, the fire season longer, the winters drier and the window for hazard reduction smaller, but to combat that, all you need is more money and resources to manage fuel loads and make sire your fire departments are adequately funded. I’m talking purely about the fires here and not lowering temperatures.

How are you sure that Greens policies started 30 years ago, would not have had a positive effect on Australian temperatures? We are talking about Australian fires here, i don’t know if they would have but I’m not sure how you can say they wouldn’t.

I agree with your caps paragraph in regards to politicians and parties, I do though question why the Greens, if it was all down to political scoring, have never rebranded or made their policies more appealing to win more votes. I’m not a Greens voter but the blaming of them in this case I find absurd. The state and federal governments in power need to take responsibility for the lack of funding and the policies in place within their states.

I don’t think it should be a Green this, left, this, right that. As summers get hotter and winters get drier, regardless of why it’s happening, more money and resources need to be spent to deal with it.

Without quoting the Royal commission from Black Saturday, I think they called for a 5% target in hazard reduction, as far as I’m aware, this wasn’t implemented and I only assume it’s because of cost.

It was interesting listening to the NSW fire commissioner speak a few days ago, he said Barnaby Joyce was speaking nonsense in blaming the Greens (political point scoring) and more interestingly he spoke about how last year when they were doing hazard reduction burns, that he was public enemy number one and faced a backlash from Sydney do to smoke and air quality.

Lastly, without going in to why it’s occurring, if it’s natural or man made, if the summers are hotter, longer and the Winters shorter and drier, which is making our fire season longer and more dangerous, our funding needs to increase, our resources need to increase and our approach needs to reflect the current climate.
You are totally correct, I get very angry because all of us wind up venting our political bias s' because of media, I do know that some Green led or left leaning councils do things like not have Xmas lights etc , and some cut back burning and fire break making, but I cannot totally agree with the fact that longer summers and shorter winters are the problem or even if that is happening, and if it is it will have happened before, but that is my climate change opinion, we always change.
I am not 100% convinced on anything but some from the other side of the argument believe in 100% we are doomed with this climate of ours. And they fight on it with weapons of maybes some facts and some things that are not happening but they say they are.

That is politics. and in bushfire crisis' we should not be politicking.

Fire commissioners?Well I saw several sprouting their ideas about climate on a video that was out, all about climate change, and discussing Barnaby Joyce is nothing but politicking? And Barnaby would do well to speak only when he has something reasonable to say!

As for Bushfires? If you don't have proper burn offs and fire breaks and total preparation for bushfire season you can easily find catastrophic bushfires happening, and I believe that some areas have had the air pollution climate warmers pushing their ideas for less burn-offs, maybe not all councils, but the fact for me is Australia has bad and good fire seasons, lots of fires and some years, not as many in others.
But we have them, and have forever.
So we should not be arguing about climate and getting peoples backs up with politics, get to work and keep the bush as safe as we can.
Because we DO have bushfires every year, the Aboriginal people in their oral history as well as right now, talk about how they controlled their environment so they never got caught out and that was by burning off.

Also if we don't keep total year-round control of all different areas of bushland, bad areas and easier areas. Like some parts, Warrandyte near Melbourne is one, highly populated and highly prone to bushfire, in fact it's recognised that region, as one of if not the most dangerous bushfire areas in the world, but also we have to control the bush everywhere, not just for underbrush with burn offs , but there are some who light these bloody things deliberately, so forget under brush and climate change you political people??? We have to keep the bush at lower danger levels , how ? Ask the originals , because lately we haven't been able to.
Lets look after our bushlands, because we will always get bushfires, i'ts our history.

With all the hysteria going on with it's, your fault my fault crap , it is ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee. People who don't like the Greens get quite hysterical and irrational about it, don't they?
Ha ha ha ha irrational ??? Give me your take, heh heh! Fair dinkum I know irrational, and I didn't produce the graph, hope you understood it , that could be the problem , briefly what I was saying, was that we get hot and cold, what ever the bloody CO2 measurements say, IF WE CAN BELIEVE THEM, and those scientists, well??
Give us an idea of your own, I thought it was a pretty good simple comment I made, so read it again, questions will be asked.
Take it easy folks, don't Panic! We'll be OK, you too kids, its fine , we'll be alright!
As they say in football we're going forward!!!

Di Natale is a very smart man, so what’s he basing his assessment on? Surely he thinks that if he was in power the chance of bush fires, the severity, the duration would be less or would we just be better prepared.

A changing climate imo has made the summers hotter, the fire season longer, the winters drier and the window for hazard reduction smaller, but to combat that, all you need is more money and resources to manage fuel loads and make sire your fire departments are adequately funded. I’m talking purely about the fires here and not lowering temperatures.

How are you sure that Greens policies started 30 years ago, would not have had a positive effect on Australian temperatures? We are talking about Australian fires here, i don’t know if they would have but I’m not sure how you can say they wouldn’t.
What I can say watching Di Natale is that he is totally the type that says white, and when his opponent says white, he changes to black. It's his aggressive panic ridden hateful political style, his perfect outraged demeanour, he believes he can to suit or can't, depending on what barrow he is pushing, probably the worst thing to happen to the Greens was getting an impractical angry fellow with issues inside himself, as a leader, od a party, he is not a debater he is a teller, you like it or you are wrong, that this bloke a terrible example of politician.

What I can say watching Di Natale is that he is totally the type that says white, and when his opponent says white, he changes to black. It's his aggressive panic ridden hateful political style, his perfect outraged demeanour, he believes he can to suit or can't, depending on what barrow he is pushing, probably the worst thing to happen to the Greens was getting an impractical angry fellow with issues inside himself, as a leader, od a party, he is not a debater he is a teller, you like it or you are wrong, that this bloke a terrible example of politician.
It absolutely amazes me that the greens have had so many members of their party who will champion on cause then try to justify why it is OK to do something when it is in relation to them personally. All the more while they tell us how they are morally above everybody.

> Sarah Hanson complaining about the environment then takes more airline travel than over 95% of politicians.

> Di Natale encouraging unionism and workers rights repeatedly then tries to deflect this issue increidlbnly when his au pair issue is highlighted.

> Robert Brown campaigning on the environment and prosecuting the case for renewable energy then complains when actioin is taken as it might affect some birds and the view.

> Wanting parliamentary reform on things like corruption and dodgy claims from MP then turns out Sarah is required to pay money falsely claimed on travel.

> Christine Milne promotion of freedom in the press then making comments previously about how she wants a bias enquiry about the Murdoch Press.

> Green complaining about the victimisation of people within society then they have a sexual harassment scandal

Can go on.

It is such a shame that posters are writing paragraphs and paragraphs of anti-Greens sentiment based on information that could be discredited after 1-2 minutes of searching online.

I couldn't imagine going my whole life without the ability to think critically.

It is such a shame that posters are writing paragraphs and paragraphs of anti-Greens sentiment based on information that could be discredited after 1-2 minutes of searching online.

I couldn't imagine going my whole life without the ability to think critically.

Some of them are that stupid but most of them aren't, they know it's bullshit but they do it anyway

So that begs the question: by engaging them seriously, are we the stupid ones?

True but Di Nutali and GREENS DON'T LIKE BACK BURNING AND FIREBREAKS AND OF COURSE POLITICIANS ARE ALL THE SAME , THIS MOB AND THE LAST MOB AND THE DAMNED GREENS, ALL HAVE ONLY ONE END, POLITICAL SCORING, AND ITS BULLSHIT,
I'D LIKE SOME FIGURES ON HOW MUCH MONEY AND TO WHO IT WAS CUT, DETAILED TOO I BET NO ONE CAN, AND WITH BACK UP.

That's the problem who knows whether it was money the cause for the horrific conditions for catastrophic fires, which councils were knocked on the head by no financing, and why, or whether it was green or left or conservation policies that cut down the amount of clearing that was allowed, I know in m this state many years ago the EPA was really pissed off with burn offs in the off season.
As for the party responsible? Maybe it was councils at local level that need to look at themselves they have money in their pockets. Or policies hey?
According to Wikipedia, the Greens have 58 counsellors out of a total of 1,480 in NSW.

How do just 58 counsellors control every council in the state?

The left aren't the ones currently trying to frame the greens for being responsible for the bushfires. All they've done is point out Morrison was in Hawaii and is a s**t bloke. Which is fair enough (the bloke shouldn't be on a beach while his voting base of farmers are in crisis and losing their homes).

The conservative mob are getting humiliated by all the relevant authorities. The Head fire chief just called out the greens/ground fuel theory in direct response to Barnaby Joyce and the murdoch papers. Seems to be a relevant head authority addressing this bs on a near daily basis

Ha ha ha ha irrational ??? Give me your take, heh heh! Fair dinkum I know irrational, and I didn't produce the graph, hope you understood it , that could be the problem , briefly what I was saying, was that we get hot and cold, what ever the bloody CO2 measurements say, IF WE CAN BELIEVE THEM, and those scientists, well??
Give us an idea of your own, I thought it was a pretty good simple comment I made, so read it again, questions will be asked.
Take it easy folks, don't Panic! We'll be OK, you too kids, its fine , we'll be alright!
As they say in football we're going forward!!!
wtf?
There's no faux outrage quite as frothy as Grinzz faux outrage lol
Love you too bro.
I’m most frothily faux outraged at about 7am.
Pissed off at that time of day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back