Movie The Avengers ( Avengers:Assemble )

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_m39obzDLa31qbzcn4o4_250.gif

:D

internet-memes-seor-gif-gtfo.gif

:D:D

Best bit tho ( for mine ) was Thor uppercutting Hulk with MJolnir :eek::eek::eek::eek::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Puny God for me, laughed out loud for real that time :D

Puny god was good and totally unexpected... I missed the "puny god" comment due to LOL too hard... but
That Thor punch takes the award. It was just came unexpectedly and with such great timing. After a few scenes showing different Avengers pairing up and pulling off some team work... Thor & Hulk team up to bring 1 of those massive creatures crashing down into the train station. They're both standing there pulling off their "hero" poses as if to say "Yeah, we're awesome" and then BAMMM GTFO Thor. I damn near lost my bladder and the cinemas erupted.

It's sad that people can consider this movie "awesome" and 'an excellent blockbuster." It shows how s**t Hollywood films have become. I wish they'd just let the Superhero genre die out for a while. I'd give this movie a 6/10 at best, and that's being generous.

:confused:Saw it tonight for the first time.

7/10

Tough film to make with so much going on, but I thought Whedon tied it all in quite well and made a good story of it with what he had to work with. In saying that, near impossible to make a film like that that ends up being a great movie and this wasn't. Great to watch if your a comic genre fan, as I (for the most part) am, but not a 'great' movie.

Loved Thor. Great character. Hadn't seen that film going in, want to now.

One other thing I will be critical of is people, not neccessarily on here, but just in general discussion, putting this film in the same vein as Nolan's Batman films in terms of superhero films. :confused: Don't think so people, and predict The Dark Knight Rises will have people forgetting about it come July.

I think I'd have to be 10 again to really list this as a GREAT movie (But as a 10 yr old it would be awesome :D ) but it entertained me for the 2 1/2 hours that it was on and was worth the ticket price, plenty of movies don't do that for me now days, particuarly action and comedies.

The biggest negative for me was the enemies, apart from Loki, were pretty bland probably makes it easier with cgi etc but it would've been nice if they had a bit of personality and individuality.

Agree with the above that there are just too many superhero movies now, the dark knight trilogy is shaping up to be a classic but the reboot is already underway and there must be 20+ superhero movies in some stage of development/planning.

Agree with the above that there are just too many superhero movies now, the dark knight trilogy is shaping up to be a classic but the reboot is already underway and there must be 20+ superhero movies in some stage of development/planning.

Hollywood machine running out of ideas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also whats this about a batman reboot, surely they would wait a while before going again especially after this great trilogy. :thumbsdown:

Already in development for 2015, AFAIK Nolan made it clear that he would wrap up his story arc in a trilogy and wasn't interested in doing more.

Could be wrong but I wouldn't be at all suprised if they're hoping to tie it in with the superman reboot (2013) and the Green Lantern etc to do a Justice League franchise (although I dont know how that ties in with who owns what rights?) but in movies you just can't let a competitor get a clean win can you, they're worse than TV shopping for imitating.

It's sad that people can consider this movie "awesome" and 'an excellent blockbuster." It shows how s**t Hollywood films have become. I wish they'd just let the Superhero genre die out for a while. I'd give this movie a 6/10 at best, and that's being generous.

It's sad that some people are unable to enjoy a movie for what it is...
Not meant to be a classic movie, just entertaining popcorn flick

Already in development for 2015, AFAIK Nolan made it clear that he would wrap up his story arc in a trilogy and wasn't interested in doing more.

Could be wrong but I wouldn't be at all suprised if they're hoping to tie it in with the superman reboot (2013) and the Green Lantern etc to do a Justice League franchise (although I dont know how that ties in with who owns what rights?) but in movies you just can't let a competitor get a clean win can you, they're worse than TV shopping for imitating.
Pretty much Warner Bros. owns all the rights to DC Comics.

I wouldn't be surprised if they use Amanda Waller and either Checkmate or the DEO in the Nick Fury/Shield role.

Would be interesting seeing her blackmail the heroes into working together by threatening to use the Suicide Squad instead.

I just find Superman and the Green Lantern to be really uninteresting characters. Practically invincible superheroes with one weakness and not much depth of personality.

Batman and Superman also seem like really incompatible characters, given that one is based in a far more 'realistic' world than the other.

Does this mean another origin film though?

Puny god was good and totally unexpected... I missed the "puny god" comment due to LOL too hard... but
That Thor punch takes the award. It was just came unexpectedly and with such great timing. After a few scenes showing different Avengers pairing up and pulling off some team work... Thor & Hulk team up to bring 1 of those massive creatures crashing down into the train station. They're both standing there pulling off their "hero" poses as if to say "Yeah, we're awesome" and then BAMMM GTFO Thor. I damn near lost my bladder and the cinemas erupted.

I didn't stop laughing at it. It was bloody great.

I just find Superman and the Green Lantern to be really uninteresting characters. Practically invincible superheroes with one weakness and not much depth of personality.

Batman and Superman also seem like really incompatible characters, given that one is based in a far more 'realistic' world than the other.
Read 'The Death and Life of Superman,' - fantastic book, and it actually delves into who Superman is a bit more.

Then they would also need to have a number of other movies on the cards, plus try and make sure that what could well be "Nolan's Superman" fits into this universe.

The plan was originally a Justice League film in 2013, but Green Lantern was an absolute disaster

Instead, Man of Steel in 2013 and a new Batman will set the scene for a Justice League film, then Wonder woman and Flash to follow

The plan was originally a Justice League film in 2013, but Green Lantern was an absolute disaster

Instead, Man of Steel in 2013 and a new Batman will set the scene for a Justice League film, then Wonder woman and Flash to follow

Wonder Woman will be interesting, Flash though will have to be done really well..can already imagine the complaints over the "physics" aspect of the movie, plus its not the most exciting super-power, needs lots of creativity.

Lol, reckon they'll be an Aquaman movie? :p
Maybe he can 'battle' topical issues such as rising sea levels, depleted fish stocks or bleached corals..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back