Movie The Avengers ( Avengers:Assemble )

Remove this Banner Ad

... and the Ultron plot may or may not lead to the personification of Paul Bettany's Jarvis as The Vision...

First time I've heard that rumour and gotta say I like it more than the Coulson/ Vision one.

I agree about the universe getting bloated, I mentioned in another thread but I think Agents and the movies are struggling a bit post-Avengers. They don't seem to be able to tone it back down a bit and it's hard to come up with a decent storyline for saving the world with all the other hero's not even curious about what's going on.

If the cast does grow much more and they split a movie I wonder if they'd take the risk of a double threat, splitting the team in two and following each in a separate movie.

First time I've heard that rumour and gotta say I like it more than the Coulson/ Vision one.

I agree about the universe getting bloated, I mentioned in another thread but I think Agents and the movies are struggling a bit post-Avengers. They don't seem to be able to tone it back down a bit and it's hard to come up with a decent storyline for saving the world with all the other hero's not even curious about what's going on.

If the cast does grow much more and they split a movie I wonder if they'd take the risk of a double threat, splitting the team in two and following each in a separate movie.

Well it's like comic books. The Joker's about to blow up Gotham, you could wonder "Gee Superman would be handy right about now" but you just go with it.

I agree that you kind of have to go with it but it's also where I think they could write better stories by keeping the individual movies just a little more local.

In the comics the Joker is about to blow up Gotham, in Thor 2 Malekith is about to wipe out all existence.

I figured the Coulson resurrection on Agents Of Shield put paid to the Vision possibility.

In the books Ant Man was the creator of Ultron but the Ant Man film looks like establishing far too late for the Avengers sequel to make this a viable plot point. The theory I subscribe to is that Stark will be responsible for the creation of Ultron (hence, the destruction of his suits in IM3) who will then go rogue, defeatable only by cosmic technology provided by the Guardians of the Galaxy who will share a threat with the Avengers in Thanos. Stark will use this technology to create a sentient and cosmic being using a personality of artificial intelligence he trusts above all, hence Jarvis as Vision (not to mention Bettany could pull this of spectacularly).

There is also speculation that Hulk will prove too difficult to control and a threat to the final outcome of Avengers 2 and will be exiled to a distant planet, meaning Planet Hulk is the first Hulk movie between 2 and 3 before he redeems himself to eventually influence the conclusion of the Infinity Gauntlet.

And to be honest, anything less than this will disappoint me greatly ;)

OMG that 360 degree shot with orchestrial tune.....GOOSEBUMPS

avengers-primer-assemble.gif

I rewatched it tonight. It's a great fantasy action movie. The dialog is slick, the performances are good, the CGI is excellent, pacing is top notch.

It's a shame much of the movie doesn't make sense. eg Loki allowing himself to be captured and taken onto the ship is a major plot point - but why? It seems that it was mainly to facilitate a bunch of awesome action scenes on a flying aircraft carrier. Loki could have better achieved his objectives without taking this stupid risk.

The Hulk's character was inconsistent. On the ship he was totally out of control and trying to kill the good guys. For some unexplained reason he later he was calm at times, teamed up with the good guys and only killed bad guys.

Despite the gripes it was still very enjoyable.

7/10.

As good as the MCU did with keeping everything going and creating a suitable pay off with Infinity War/Endgame I still think this was, imo, the high point so far for team ups/shared universe.

There was lots that came later that was great like Falcon, Tom Holland's Spiderman, Captain America and the Winter Soldier's development, not to mention Tony Stark's whole ark, but in the end I still think that a decade from now if I'm in the mood for some MCU nostalgia I'm more likely to pick this than most of what came afterwards (so far).

Although I love how ridiculous Captain America's costume looks now after how toned down they kept it post Avengers movie.

I rewatched it tonight. It's a great fantasy action movie. The dialog is slick, the performances are good, the CGI is excellent, pacing is top notch.

It's a shame much of the movie doesn't make sense. eg Loki allowing himself to be captured and taken onto the ship is a major plot point - but why? It seems that it was mainly to facilitate a bunch of awesome action scenes on a flying aircraft carrier. Loki could have better achieved his objectives without taking this stupid risk.

The Hulk's character was inconsistent. On the ship he was totally out of control and trying to kill the good guys. For some unexplained reason he later he was calm at times, teamed up with the good guys and only killed bad guys.

Despite the gripes it was still very enjoyable.

7/10.

Loki’s intention on the Helicarrier was to unleash Hulk, and have him tear s**t up and each other. And it kind of worked, you saw his grin when he heard Hulk in the background. Hawkeye would’ve made him aware of that cage/container that SHIELD had in mind to counteract Hulk/Banner (not sure how they’d get him in there though :D)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agreed. simply simple. everything that you watch super hero movies for. Bring together a group of fighters, throw in some internal conflict, introduce the greater threat, watch them band together. Leaves you wanting more, asking questions as to who each of them are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back