Streaming The Curse

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Finale slaps so hard.

30 minutes of the most effective horror I've seen in a while too.

Not really reading any interpretation of it unless it comes from Fielder or Safdie, because I don't think anything could really satisfy me...aside from the most show literal explanation that Asher really was cursed.

And just quietly rating this Emma Stone performance ahead of her Poor Things one. Completely unnerving at times.

Finale slaps so hard.

30 minutes of the most effective horror I've seen in a while too.

Not really reading any interpretation of it unless it comes from Fielder or Safdie, because I don't think anything could really satisfy me...aside from the most show literal explanation that Asher really was cursed.

And just quietly rating this Emma Stone performance ahead of her Poor Things one. Completely unnerving at times.
We've been trying to watch this but have found it hard going. Just something about the three main characters rubs me the wrong way, which I realize is probably how it's intended, but it makes it hard to enjoy, IMHO. And what is it with Emma Stones's eyebrows lately? She is usually an attractive woman, but not with those huge eyebrows. LOL.

We've been trying to watch this but have found it hard going. Just something about the three main characters rubs me the wrong way, which I realize is probably how it's intended, but it makes it hard to enjoy, IMHO. And what is it with Emma Stones's eyebrows lately? She is usually an attractive woman, but not with those huge eyebrows. LOL.

I found them interesting and complex; unfortunately seen many such RL people like this over my time. Act one way to one audience and then the opposite in others and when you discover it out it is the end of the relationship.

The extended scenes could be seen as indulgent but mostly they had a punchline and that varied from scene to scene.

I haven’t stopped thinking about the final scenes since and trying to figure out the symbolism. It is so out of whack with the rest of the episodes. If you make it that far; you could almost watch the finale as a stand alone BlakeyNoFlakey if your struggling

Not as up there as Nathan For You in quality but he certainly unpacks life’s dilemmas

It will be interesting to see if he ever gets a green light again after such a bloated production. Some are arguing genius whilst others are critical of it. Polarising show.

The general understanding of the finale, very metaphoric and has been setup throughout the series:

It's basically the death of Asher to be reincarnated as his own son. Tree he's hanging onto is a symbol for the umbilical chord being cut. He's wants to be unconditionally loved by Whitney, but it will never happen as he is, so he dies and becomes Whitney's child to receive that love. She gets what she wants that Asher could never fulfill. A lot of symbolism with Christ and such (Jew being tied to wood, makes the sacrifice of his life for others happiness). Foreshadowed by Asher telling Whitney he'll just go away if he can't make her happy (something along those lines, forget the actual words).

It's an interesting finish, out of nowhere it seems, but was kind of amazing as well. All through watching this, I couldn't decide if I liked this show or not (big fan of Nathan For You and really like The Rehearsal). I'll rewatch this one day and see all the little things they've packed in that make explain all the nuances of the finale, which I have to say is the most intense and different finales of a show I've ever seen. More than just a gut punch that other shows do that get people talking, but really just the overall episode feeling so out of place compared to the previous nine episodes but ultimately, contextually concludes a story amazingly.

The general understanding of the finale, very metaphoric and has been setup throughout the series:

It's basically the death of Asher to be reincarnated as his own son. Tree he's hanging onto is a symbol for the umbilical chord being cut. He's wants to be unconditionally loved by Whitney, but it will never happen as he is, so he dies and becomes Whitney's child to receive that love. She gets what she wants that Asher could never fulfill. A lot of symbolism with Christ and such (Jew being tied to wood, makes the sacrifice of his life for others happiness). Foreshadowed by Asher telling Whitney he'll just go away if he can't make her happy (something along those lines, forget the actual words).

It's an interesting finish, out of nowhere it seems, but was kind of amazing as well. All through watching this, I couldn't decide if I liked this show or not (big fan of Nathan For You and really like The Rehearsal). I'll rewatch this one day and see all the little things they've packed in that make explain all the nuances of the finale, which I have to say is the most intense and different finales of a show I've ever seen. More than just a gut punch that other shows do that get people talking, but really just the overall episode feeling so out of place compared to the previous nine episodes but ultimately, contextually concludes a story amazingly.

Brilliant explanation
Thankyou!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back