List Mgmt. The Axe

Should these players get games over the next gen?

• Waite

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Hansen

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Thompson

Votes: 41 68.3%
  • Gibson

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • Swallow

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Thomas

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The only one who deserves to play is Gibson. To the others, thanks for your services.

All the best

Preuss, Mountford, Clarke, Dumont, Hibberd and Durdin need to play the majority of the remaining games.

Nielsen, Williams, Zurharr, Larkey should get a taste as well.

Need to see more of Wagner as well when fit.

It now needs to all be about preparing for next year and beyond.

You've just been appointed Senior Coach Harry10.

Congratulations.

You're way to quick to write off Lindsay Thomas I reckon.

His form has been below par for a while.

Unless he plays more through the midfield I'd rather persist with Garner/Turner/Simpkin/Wagner as our small forwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly LT is just another of our very vanilla list.

He is a much better player than people give him credit for, and fwiw is still leading the goal assists for the year even tho he has been down on his averages for that stat (Dec Mountford may be ahead now but hasn't played enough games to qualify.) One spot outside the top ten for the club in goal kicking.

Ats is second and Jed Anderson third. (This board must hate unselfish players.)

BTW - Vanilla - don't call a blackfela that. Its an insult.

His form has been below par for a while.

Unless he plays more through the midfield I'd rather persist with Garner/Turner/Simpkin/Wagner as our small forwards

He was our second highest goal scorer last year including 3 in the final iirc. 7th highest tackler last year, top 10 for contested marks and possessions, 3rd for goal assists, equal 2nd for marks inside 50, had a s**t start to this season (by no means the only one) as well as last year and was actually improving in the VFL by all reports. He will probably be available before 2 of the players on that list of yours cos they're injured and in the dreaded 2 weeks window and frankly I'd rather see some of them in the midfield where we need their pace and aggro.

If he comes back and hasn't got it sure.

He was our second highest goal scorer last year including 3 in the final iirc. 7th highest tackler last year, top 10 for contested marks and possessions, 3rd for goal assists, equal 2nd for marks inside 50, had a s**t start to this season (by no means the only one) as well as last year and was actually improving in the VFL by all reports. He will probably be available before 2 of the players on that list of yours cos they're injured and in the dreaded 2 weeks window and frankly I'd rather see some of them in the midfield where we need their pace and aggro.

If he comes back and hasn't got it sure.

If he can recapture his top form then I'll be rapt for him (& us). He needs to start dominating the VFL first

Beveridge made 5 changes this week after a poor performance.

Brad has never done that despite us serving up performances far worse then the dogs did.

This issue starts at the top and it's Brads and the match committees continuous decision to play these aged campaigners over our young promising youth which is really stagnating our list development.

I've said it once, i'll say it again - I will happily get pumped, as long as we play kids.
This.

My frustration with Brad has been his inability (or unwillingness) to wield the axe. One can't demand high standards if the players have no fear of being dropped.

He never rewards vfl form. The amount of hair I lost when Levi was tearing the vfl apart and could never get a game whilst basti was untouchable.

I can't for the life of me work out his method

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

He is a much better player than people give him credit for, and fwiw is still leading the goal assists for the year even tho he has been down on his averages for that stat (Dec Mountford may be ahead now but hasn't played enough games to qualify.) One spot outside the top ten for the club in goal kicking.

Ats is second and Jed Anderson third. (This board must hate unselfish players.)

BTW - Vanilla - don't call a blackfela that. Its an insult.
Mate hes an ok player when hes on but far from a champ. And regarding the Btw bit i suggest you google the word "context" and then read my post again.

Back