The Bakery Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I lived in Aberfoyle Park for 20 odd years and the Clarendon bakery was always great, but I haven't been for a long time. I wonder if it is still the same.
We had one in Redwood Park. Heidi's Bakery. Always had a queue on Sunday mornings. She moved shop to Clovercrest and unfortunately did I not go there after the move. Always lovey German style pastry.

Orange Spot Bakery, opposite the old Lennies on Anzac Hwy at Glenelg

Any pastie from there (don’t think I’ve tried their pies).
After being out of SA for too many years, and struggling to find a pastie in many Eastern state bakery/pie shops, I ❤️ pasties.
Also in the blood with some of my ancestors working in the mines in Burra, Kapunda and ending up in Kadina. Good pastie country.
Some were from Cornwall.
Didn’t rate that at all.

I’ve always had a thing for Rendang, so Rendang pie… bewdiful.
Same for the Goulash pie. I only first bought some to stir up a mate who was enamoured with a Hungarian woman, but the pies are excellent.

View attachment 1629776
Wish they didn’t get rid of the lamb mint and rosemary pie, that was my go to.

I lived in Aberfoyle Park for 20 odd years and the Clarendon bakery was always great, but I haven't been for a long time. I wonder if it is still the same.
It’s not bad, not sure if they make their own but I’ve seen exactly the same sweet stuff in bakeries down on the plains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orange Spot Bakery, opposite the old Lennies on Anzac Hwy at Glenelg

Any pastie from there (don’t think I’ve tried their pies).
After being out of SA for too many years, and struggling to find a pastie in many Eastern state bakery/pie shops, I ❤️ pasties.
Also in the blood with some of my ancestors working in the mines in Burra, Kapunda and ending up in Kadina. Good pastie country.
Some were from Cornwall.

i was always down at the Orange Spot when i lived at Glenelg and Wenzels who are sadly no longer around

Stone Hut was definitely worth the detour, think they're closed now.
Ah yes, haven't been there for a while but definitely worth it. Fond memories of sitting in the back of the wagon with the dogs, munching on pies.

They are still open according to their facebook page - but it says "Under New Management".

I think that rings a bell - change of ownership a few years back..
Becks at Port Noarlunga is belter...that is if you can wade your way through all the ****ing every day tourist weekend infiltrators. Get off my turf you ****ers.
Are people welcome if they're coming from within, say, 20km? Asking for a friend...
I think so, corner of Winston Avenue.
Correct. I didn't realise that was Melrose Park.
Excellent (and generous) sausage rolls.

I think Otto's at Hahndorf has been mentioned? +1 to that, especially their family pies:

r67f-Ottos-Bakery-dishes.jpg

Mrs Arrowman is in that neck of the woods from time to time, for work - always brings home a couple of these.

About 15 years ago we had an Indonesian exchange student, took her and the kids up to Hahndorf, stopped at Otto's for lunch. The poor girl just looked at the massive menu board, she had no idea which pies had pork in them. I had to reassure her that no, really, the steak pie really is beef, no pork there, none at all :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back