Unsolved The Beaumont Children

kergulen

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is Grant the most forgotten of the three in the public memory? Jane, and especially the younger Arnna, have an innocence and purity (and dresses and perfume and flowers and butterflies) thing associated with them, simply by virtue of being girls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Killer Power

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is Grant the most forgotten of the three in the public memory? Jane, and especially the younger Arnna, have an innocence and purity (and dresses and perfume and flowers and butterflies) thing associated with them, simply by virtue of being girls.
In what way? They are rarely individualised but just referred to as the BC. Jane might be the exception as she is often referred to as being more mature than her age in that she played a motherly role to the other kids. Not sure what you are getting at?

AFL Club
Fremantle
With the dig last year was it ever reported if they tested the soil for human remains?
I'm not 100% sure but dig there was all about two authors trying to sell their books. If you haven't read "The Satin Man", don't waste your time or money. There is another property that needs to be dug but SAPOL won't do it. I don't understand why they won't because imo every avenue should be looked at & those kids deserve a dignified burial & their parents deserve answers before they pass. SAPOL should be ashamed of themselves as should these two so called journalists. They know very well about the other property & yet they got permission to dig Castaloy knowing they wouldn't find one thing

Killer Power

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not 100% sure but dig there was all about two authors trying to sell their books. If you haven't read "The Satin Man", don't waste your time or money. There is another property that needs to be dug but SAPOL won't do it. I don't understand why they won't because imo every avenue should be looked at & those kids deserve a dignified burial & their parents deserve answers before they pass. SAPOL should be ashamed of themselves as should these two so called journalists. They know very well about the other property & yet they got permission to dig Castaloy knowing they wouldn't find one thing
So much wrong with this. One moment you say every avenue should be looked at then the next you say SAPOL should be ashamed for going ahead with the dig. Which is it?

The dig only went ahead when reporting on the book brought forward 2 independent witnesses who made claims of digging a large hole for the suspect in the Castalloy grounds at around the time the BC went missing. GPR subsequently found a large area of disturbed earth at the indicated spot and the dig commenced. There were solid grounds for the dig, police were hopeful more than confident and have no reason to be ashamed. Channel 7 were driving the situation with the public so I'm not sure why you are pinning it all on the authors and SAPOL anyway.

Assume the other property you refer to is Stansbury? I would also like to see this area explored further.

Killer Power

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
@Killer Power, what do you think of Joanne Ratcliffe's sister saying that human remains that are in long term storage should be DNA tested in order to potentially solve cold and missing persons cases?
I think it is a great idea and am a little surprised that the process hasn't already commenced. It has great potential to provide significant leads in cases or reunite those families still around with at least some of the remains of their loved ones. As far as the suggestion coming from Ratcliffe's sister and I don't think that this is borne out of any strong belief that any of her bones have been recovered but rather her advocating for families of missing persons in general.

AFL Club
Fremantle
@Killer Power, what do you think of Joanne Ratcliffe's sister saying that human remains that are in long term storage should be DNA tested in order to potentially solve cold and missing persons cases?
I think it's something that should have been done years ago. So many unsolved cold cases could finally bring a loved one some sort of peace. Letting them bury their loved one finally in a dignified manner rather than letting them sit in boxes kept in storage. I'm 100% behind her.She's not doing it for her family, she's doing it for everyone's family

AFL Club
Fremantle
The
So much wrong with this. One moment you say every avenue should be looked at then the next you say SAPOL should be ashamed for going ahead with the dig. Which is it?

The dig only went ahead when reporting on the book brought forward 2 independent witnesses who made claims of digging a large hole for the suspect in the Castalloy grounds at around the time the BC went missing. GPR subsequently found a large area of disturbed earth at the indicated spot and the dig commenced. There were solid grounds for the dig, police were hopeful more than confident and have no reason to be ashamed. Channel 7 were driving the situation with the public so I'm not sure why you are pinning it all on the authors and SAPOL anyway.

Assume the other property you refer to is Stansbury? I would also like to see this area explored further.
The authors basically used that book to promote their own previous books on the case that were already published. Yes Stansbury but the two McIntyre kids who live there have said they can dig but only if SAPOL do it. SAPOL refuse to do it so the two kids look like they're doing the right thing while knowing that SAPOL won't dig there so no dig will ever happen & that is why they should be disgusted in their moves & motives. They have a new witness who has given his statements to police. He is credible, has never met Andrew orRuth McIntyre so there is no collusion & yet SAPOL just file away his statements & do nothing

Top Bottom