The beer thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have always assumed that since Fosters changed the formula for VB they also clandestinely changed what the VB stood for. Vomit Bombs! I'm not sure but I heard somewhere that they returned to the original recipe at some stage but once bombed, twice shy.

They did go back to the old recipe and increased the alcohol back to the old 4.9%. It has to be frosty cold or you get a funny metho type taste through it.

I dislike most Aussie mainstream beers they are all so bland
The only Aussie beers I will ever drink are Coopers (Red or Green) and Crown Lager and then only if there is nothing else available.

On a separate beer, try Peroni with a Pizza, for some reason they just seem to go well together
lol. As it happens, my bar fridge is currently stocked with Peroni, Asahi and Corona. Think I might be making some pizzas pretty soon just to try your suggestion. Any excuse to crack a few will do me!

Got a wedding at brown brothers this arvo. Just found out they have furphy's on tap. Stoked. Great beer.

I lived in Myrtleford in 1987.

I'll bet

I'll bet it hasn't changed much. I only moved here in jan. Nice enough place. No brewery is a black mark...

I passed through (as most people do) on my way to Bright recently. Still looks the same.

jmac.

What beers were the flavour of choice tonight?

I had a few Smoky Bishops tonight.
Matsos%2Bsmokey%2Bbishop.jpg

Nice.

Cant say I have tried those mate.

Tonight I had a few (fair few and still going) of these

878604_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569855091223.png

never had them but they are going down a treat

I don't mind the odd Furphy or three. Have you been down to the Little Creatures brewery in Geelong?

I don't mind the odd Furphy or three. Have you been down to the Little Creatures brewery in Geelong?

Yeah mate funny you should mention it.... Only got down there about a month or so ago. Loved it.

Can you recommend me a beer for tomorrow? Im going through a phase of trying new beers and wouldn't mind some guidance bud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah mate funny you should mention it.... Only got down there about a month or so ago. Loved it.

Can you recommend me a beer for tomorrow? Im going through a phase of trying new beers and wouldn't mind some guidance bud.

Pirate Life IPA is me favourite at the moment. Six of these and you will feel like you have been swimming in a vat of beer.
images

This is going to sound really sick, but I am actually starting to really enjoy red wine.
I think we need to establish some simple rules:

Beer is always ok
Red wine is always ok
White wine is always ok
Scotch is always ok
Oh heck, alcohol is always ok

jmac70 i am unsure if raised before, but your views on beer to drink via can, bottle / glass and if desperate plastic are?

I so much prefer glass or bottle to can, and only in desperate situations plastic cups etc.

I find the glass gives a far better natural taste.

There is a very dark craft beer made or from waters of Kosciusko and snowy mountains or something like that.
Absolutely delicious. I had in a beer tasting once, bought some, but can't recall the name

Tried the James Squire Summer Ale the other day, and it was the first James Squire beer I liked, albeit a bit gutless.

Tend to find nearly all of their beers have too much sourness and... I don't quite know how to describe it, a murkiness to them - like a confused, yeasty flavour. But that's just to my taste, YMMV. Judging by the sheer number of beers they put out, lots of people must like them. I prefer other types of craft beer if that's what I'm going to drink.

jmac70 i am unsure if raised before, but your views on beer to drink via can, bottle / glass and if desperate plastic are?

I so much prefer glass or bottle to can, and only in desperate situations plastic cups etc.

I find the glass gives a far better natural taste.

There is a very dark craft beer made or from waters of Kosciusko and snowy mountains or something like that.
Absolutely delicious. I had in a beer tasting once, bought some, but can't recall the name

I actually quite like cans. They are easy to sneek out of the house for my walk to the station...

Plan on knocking over a few Monteith Original Ales tonight
Hopefully it'll dull down the toothache I'm building.

Plan on knocking over a few Monteith Original Ales tonight
Hopefully it'll dull down the toothache I'm building.

The Monteith beers are nice. The Black Ale is particularly good on a cold winters night.

Our boards may have knightmare's almanac, but this thread is just as important as a source of vital knowledge.
Enjoy reading about the various beers out there, the craft beers etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back