The best 5, and worst 5, individual performances of the last 15 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Davis 2005 semi final was brilliant.
Leon Neon in any of the 2002-03 grand finals was absolutely useless and worst on ground by a mile. He didn't get a touch one game and a handball the next one?

Leon had 10 touches and a goal in '03, not good at all but not really worst on ground. We had guns like Tristen Walker, Ben Kinnear, Matthew Lokan, Jason Cloke and Richard Cole who were all terrible. And Rhyce Shaw had a shocker too. Nick Davis '02 grand final wasn't much better than Leon's.

Leon had 10 touches and a goal in '03, not good at all but not really worst on ground. We had guns like Tristen Walker, Ben Kinnear, Matthew Lokan, Jason Cloke and Richard Cole who were all terrible. And Rhyce Shaw had a shocker too. Nick Davis '02 grand final wasn't much better than Leon's.
Ain't that the truth. Jason Cloke disappeared into oblivion after those GF's. Went to Carlton, stunk it up and that was it.

Who was the other one? There's Travis, easily the most successful, Jason and someone else?

I don't know about best, but I know that Corey McKernan had some absolute shockers in his last few years. I distinctly remember him playing the tigs in 2001 and not registering a kick, mark or handball. It was brutal, and sad too, if I recall McKernan suffered from confidence issues and problematic eyesight, he was such a good player earlier in his career.

Looking at the stats, his round one match against the saints in 2002 wasn't flash either. 10 disposals, 5 hitouts, one goal, three free kicks against and eight clangers. Nicholson's performance against Footscray seems pretty bad. Not sure whether Lynch belongs in the top five though. Judd's performance against Brisbane has to be there, he annihilated the lions. I think you could easily add a few performances from Ablett too.

Ain't that the truth. Jason Cloke disappeared into oblivion after those GF's. Went to Carlton, stunk it up and that was it.

Who was the other one? There's Travis, easily the most successful, Jason and someone else?

Cameron was the one who ended up at Carlton. Jason was really important for us in 2002, but he did nothing after that and was delisted a few years later.

Best: Goddard in the drawn 2010 GF would be up there, as would Kouta in the 1999 PF v Essendon

Worst: Bit trickier - some of Brad Moran's games for us in 2011, when his mind was clearly not on the job were beyond appalling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cale Morton vs Collingwood last year was unbelievable. Wasn't the worst statistically but if you were watching he was nowhere.

Then again, that would be every match Cale Morton has ever played

Fraser Gehrig in 2004, we managed to hold him to 2 handballs for the entire game in Round 11. Makes it more impressive when you consider he kicked 103 goals for the year. Also, was St Kilda's first loss for the year after winning the first 10.

Boomer's game for the Vics the day after his 21st. Absolutely tore it up. Don't know the stats though.

The Kouta game which is in this weeks edition of 'on this round' is pretty massive.
38 touches and 5 goals if i remember correctly.

DS, this game came to mind for me too. IIRC as a nice cheeky bonus he also kept Carey quiet for some of the match!

Not claiming he had the best ever career, but Kouta delivered some of the most dominant games I have ever seen as a (biased) fan.

#1 Worst

ALASTAIR LYNCH
Brisbane
25/09/2004
Brisbane vs Port Adelaide
BL 73, PA 113
KICKS: 0
MARKS: 0
HANDBALLS: 0
DISPOSALS: 0
GOALS: 0
BEHINDS: 0
HITOUTS: 0
TACKLES: 0
REBOUND_50: 0
INSIDE_50: 0
CLEARANCES: 0
CLANGERS: 1
FREES_FOR: 0
FREES_AGAINST: 1
BROWNLOW_VOTES: N/A
CONTESTED_POSESSIONS: 0
UNCONTESTED_POSESSIONS: 0
CONTESTED_MARKS: 0
MARKS_INSIDE_50: 0
ONE_PERCENTERS: 0
GOAL_ASSISTS: 0
GAME_TIME: 47%
SUSPENSION_INCURRED: 10 Weeks
FINES_INCURRED: $15000

Chris Judds game vs Brisbane 2003 at the Gabba kicked 5 goals, he was amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back