The best 5, and worst 5, individual performances of the last 15 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi all,

I've undertaken a bit of a statistical study, and come up with what I think are the best 5, and worst 5, individual player performances of the last 15 seasons, from 1999 to current day.

I thought I'd reveal them here, generate a little discussion, etc. I'll start with #5 both top and bottom, IE 5th best, and 5th worst, and work my way to the pinnacle, and the pit.

5th best performance of last 15 seasons:
ALASTAIR LYNCH
Brisbane Lions
7/09/2002
Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Crows
Lions 115, Crows 44
KICKS: 15
MARKS: 12
HANDBALLS: 2
DISPOSALS: 17
GOALS: 7
BEHINDS: 5
HITOUTS: 1
TACKLES: 0
REBOUND_50: 0
INSIDE_50: 1
CLEARANCES: 0
CLANGERS: 2
FREES_FOR: 0
FREES_AGAINST: 2
BROWNLOW_VOTES: 0
CONTESTED_POSESSIONS: 3
UNCONTESTED_POSESSIONS: 12
CONTESTED_MARKS: 3
MARKS_INSIDE_50: 11
ONE_PERCENTERS: 3
GOAL_ASSISTS: 0

An outstanding performance, in a side that scored just 115 points, Lynch scored 47 of them, but with 12 marks, a heap of posessions, an big statistical output from the big man... yet the umpires did not give him a vote.

5th worst performance of last 15 seasons:
ALISTAIR NICHOLSON
Melbourne
2/04/2005
Melbourne vs WBD
Melbourne 137, WBD 111
KICKS: 0
MARKS: 0
HANDBALLS: 0
DISPOSALS: 0
GOALS: 0
BEHINDS: 0
TACKLES: 1
INSIDE_50: 0
CLANGERS: 3
FREES_AGAINST: 3
CONTESTED_POSESSIONS: 0
UNCONTESTED_POSESSIONS: 0
CONTESTED_MARKS: 0
MARKS_INSIDE_50: 0
ONE_PERCENTERS: 0

This is a terrible performance. No posessions, yet has given away 3 free kicks, which were presumably the 3 clangers. Laid 1 tackle, got 1 hitout. Negative impact for his team.

I'll update tomorrow sometime with #4...

Hi all,

I've undertaken a bit of a statistical study, and come up with what I think are the best 5, and worst 5, individual player performances of the last 15 seasons, from 1999 to current day.

I thought I'd reveal them here, generate a little discussion, etc. I'll start with #5 both top and bottom, IE 5th best, and 5th worst, and work my way to the pinnacle, and the pit.

5th best performance of last 15 seasons:
ALASTAIR LYNCH
Brisbane Lions
7/09/2002
Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Crows
Lions 115, Crows 44
KICKS: 15
MARKS: 12
HANDBALLS: 2
DISPOSALS: 17
GOALS: 7
BEHINDS: 5
TACKLES: 0
INSIDE_50: 1
CLANGERS: 2
FREES_AGAINST: 2
CONTESTED_POSESSIONS: 3
UNCONTESTED_POSESSIONS: 12
CONTESTED_MARKS: 3
MARKS_INSIDE_50: 11
ONE_PERCENTERS: 3

An outstanding performance, in a side that scored just 115 points, Lynch scored 47 of them, but with 12 marks, a heap of posessions, an big statistical output from the big man... yet the umpires did not give him a vote.
That's because it was a final.

Buddy's 13 has gotta be up there for one of the best, whilst I think kosi had a game where he only got the one handball last year
Nick Davis 2005 semi final was brilliant.
Leon Neon in any of the 2002-03 grand finals was absolutely useless and worst on ground by a mile. He didn't get a touch one game and a handball the next one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Davis 2005 semi final was brilliant.
Leon Neon in any of the 2002-03 grand finals was absolutely useless and worst on ground by a mile. He didn't get a touch one game and a handball the next one?

Those Leon games won't be bottom 5 though... Even the guy who has all 0's has just had a zero impact. The bottom five have all had negative impacts.

Moloney had a horrible game last year where he didn't register a SINGLE STAT and was subbed off in the third quarter... It was against Geelong I believe...

You have to be taking the P1ss if you consider that to be the 5th best individual performance of the last 15 years.

Wouldn't even be in top 10 Brisbane Lions performances in that era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back