The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows whays going to happen..new centrback. New forward etc. Thiago. Etc. Thaigo is klopps priority though. If we get funds for Brewster move for thiago looks good. If we remove the players we don't want well sign more. It will be a letdown if we sign no one.

Billy Koumetio, before and after.
thumb_109131_misc_general_500.jpeg
1600266447557.png

Turns out there was a behind closed doors friendly the other day vs Huddersfield B.

We drew 1-1 with Minamino scoring the goal. Shaqiri and Harry Wilson returned from their injuries.

Adrian, Matip, Milner, Minamino, Shaqiri and Origi started. Karius, Wilson and Brewster came off the bench in the 2nd half. Grujic also played.

Last edited:
I know he's a total freakshow but Cristiano is in his mid 30s. I think there's a mentality that exists in supporters minds that 30 yo is finishing time. Modern sports science shows that's rarely the case for top athletes. None of our front three have indicated anything less.
Yep, I think most top athletes are good until at least 32 before a marked drop off starts. Mane and Salah have plenty of time ahead them, absolutely no reason to sell either.

Why do people keep suggesting one of Mane and Salah will move on soon. Both 28, in the prime of their careers. They should be spending the next three to four years with Liverpool.

Because the ownership model is to avoid placing the club in debt, so any notable transfers are likely to be funded via player sales and the club's model has also shown a "buy low sell high" principal. I don't want any of them to go anytime soon, but I'm expecting they will within the next coupla years.

Because the ownership model is to avoid placing the club in debt, so any notable transfers are likely to be funded via player sales and the club's model has also shown a "buy low sell high" principal. I don't want any of them to go anytime soon, but I'm expecting they will within the next coupla years.

I see Salah heading to Serie A for a swansong at around 32/33 years old. His peak is worth more to us than his tranafer value. We'll still get a decent fee for him even at 32/33.

I see Salah heading to Serie A for a swansong at around 32/33 years old. His peak is worth more to us than his tranafer value. We'll still get a decent fee for him even at 32/33.

I agree, I just think we'll look to cash 1 of the front 3 in for closer to max value at some point, then replace with another quality younger option (what's Haaland's worth going to be in a season or two time?).

Hope my comments weren't misconstrued, I don't want our awesome 3some separated, I'm just commenting on how I see the club playing things. That hefty Revenue hit from the Coutinho sale (and what it enabled us to do personnel wise) will remain fresh in the minds of all for a long time to come.

We are almost certain to lose Gini next year on a free, so it makes sense to buy Thiago as his replacement ahead of time

I feel like the market for a 4th CB is busted atm, all of them are so overpriced. I'm okay with using Fabinho as 4th choice with Billy as potential backup

Put it this way, Thiago improves the first team immediately, a 4th centre back or a backup wide player doesn't

Shaqiri and Kostas back in training. (VDB, Hoever, Brewster, Koumetio, Wilson and Elliott also training with the first team still)
It will be interesting to see if the Shaq will actually be able to play against Lincoln next week (or sometime in the next few weeks,months).:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see if the Shaq will actually be able to play against Lincoln next week (or sometime in the next few weeks,months).:rolleyes:
Played in a friendly the other day.

Is that finalised??? I know thiwgo is klopps first choice but I'm surprised he's still gone for him with no midfielders leaving.
Brewster pretty much confirmed it when he liked a social media post about being sold for 25mil (with a buyback clause).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back