The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a player. Just exemplifies him: comes out and puts the pressure on then waits - sees his moment and then decisively knocks it out.

It was absolutely brilliant. Half the goal keepers in the world would at least give a pen away in that situation.

Alisson is unbelievable really - when you consider the package of shot stopping, positioning and defending like the above, his distribution which is probably the best in the world, the number of clean sheets. He has to be the best goal keeper in the world doesn't he?

He is so good. To be honest I was a bit worried when we signed him, not because I didn’t rate him, but because the pressure to perform was huge considering the price tag and our recent history with keepers. One mistake and everyone would be on to him.

Then he made that mistake in his first few weeks away at Leicester, and it didn’t phase him at all. Has been incredible ever since.

He is so good. To be honest I was a bit worried when we signed him, not because I didn’t rate him, but because the pressure to perform was huge considering the price tag and our recent history with keepers. One mistake and everyone would be on to him.

Then he made that mistake in his first few weeks away at Leicester, and it didn’t phase him at all. Has been incredible ever since.

It was a howler for the ages too :tearsofjoy:

It was absolutely brilliant. Half the goal keepers in the world would at least give a pen away in that situation.

Alisson is unbelievable really - when you consider the package of shot stopping, positioning and defending like the above, his distribution which is probably the best in the world, the number of clean sheets. He has to be the best goal keeper in the world doesn't he?

I don't know if he's the best. Most composed tho, along with VVD, just the two most composed players - instantly solved all our defensive woes. Football is unique in that it all comes down to decisive moments, a player that does the right thing 99 out of 100 times is probably more valuable than a more talented player that has brain fades. Applies to the whole team really.

Many of us (myself included) were convinced Achterberg was the problem also. It's now clear he just needed a quality keeper to work with.

Allison was pretty cocky at the start of last season playing around at the back. The Leicester goal turned out to be a good thing because he learnt from it and didn't look back. Mentality is a huge thing for him.

Any thought on City? Lots of talk about them taking on UEFA and bringing down FFP. From a 'pool perspective think we're obviously in favor of FFP. A massive moment for the game really.

Any thought on City? Lots of talk about them taking on UEFA and bringing down FFP. From a 'pool perspective think we're obviously in favor of FFP. A massive moment for the game really.

Reckon the punishment should go further and they should lose all their Champions League trophies :)

What are your guys thoughts on Minamino being fit but just completely left out of the matchday squad.

Hmmm....

I have no problem with it at all. Jurg has done this before getting players up to speed before slowly integrating them to the squad before they become regulars. His record of man management is pretty good, so no drama at this stage, especially bearing in mind it wouldn't be easy breaking into the best squad in world football at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your guys thoughts on Minamino being fit but just completely left out of the matchday squad.

Hmmm....

18 fit senior outfield players and only 16 spots in the squad. I can't imagine it will happen too often, especially considering the durability of Messrs Lovren, Matip & Lallana.

Yep, then Moreno got injured and the rest is history.

The time to judge Minamino will be after a pre-season. Hell even if he flops he's only cost us 7m.

I think the Sevilla game was the last straw. I didn't watch it but 442oons or whatever they are called made a video st the time how Moreno cost us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back