The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a win lads!! Wolves IMO have been the toughest test we have faced all season. I habe so much respect for that team and the way they go about it.

It's amazing that once they equalized I was disappointed with the draw. That's the mentality that Klopp has instilled in the players and the fans. The players for sure as they knew a draw wasn't good enough.

So they found another goal. Incredible.

In reality a draw away to Wolves is a good result. Particularly with how far we are in front. You take it and move on. But for this squad... not good enough.

I love them all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just been thinking about Mbappe. We should absolutely buy him as it's a no lose situation. Because any money we spend on him we would get back and then some when he eventually moves to Real Madrid which is definitely his plan.

So really when we spend 300 million... we're really not spending that money. We're investing it to then make more money when we flip in 3-4 years to Real.

Also just looking ahead lads. If we can back up next season and defend our crown. We take back out ******* perch!! It's so close I can taste it.

20 only means we are equal on the perch, 21 is what I'd want to regain bragging rights.

In any case let's worry about finishing off 19 first before we look at the other ones.

Just been thinking about Mbappe. We should absolutely buy him as it's a no lose situation. Because any money we spend on him we would get back and then some when he eventually moves to Real Madrid which is definitely his plan.

So really when we spend 300 million... we're really not spending that money. We're investing it to then make more money when we flip in 3-4 years to Real.
What do you think of this then? I saw this interesting POV regarding Mbappe.

If LFC sign Nike's highest profile football star they would have him pushing LFC gear,which would be built in to his contract. Nike could quite conceivably give Mbappe extra money to what they already pay him and it's still a marketing wet dream.

Certainly when compared to the notion of him wearing Adidas made Real Madrid kits in majority of photos and videos of him.

Or this one. .

"Salary at PSG 300 k a week from them plus 50k a week from Nike (poor league, limited visibility) total 350k a week.

Salary at Real 250k a week from them plus 75k a week from Nike (higher profile but Nike don't get to have him in Real gear and Adidas get to show him off in promotion material, a rival) total 325k a week.

Salary at Liverpool 200k a week from us plus 150k a week from Nike (highest profile competitions, spearheading the LFC extended range they'll be doing, in LFC clothing adverts with other celebs and so on) total of 350k a week.

No idea what the numbers would actually be but I can picture a situation where he takes less from us but ends up on similar or even greater combined salary because of the Nike situation."

Jurgen extends his contract to let prospective players know he is staying. Gives any prospective players an assurance that he is committed to his project and that they will play under him.
The timing of his announcement reinforces that.
He has said as much.
Surely he is telling the footballing world (Mbappe :) ) i'm here, come and join the best team in the world.

But seriously whether that is Mbappe or others like Werner ,Havertz nobody knows.

We shall see.

What an awful game. Worst I've seen us play all season. Everyone was poor.

So poor we had to bring on Mo and Firm to try avoid a replay.

Oh well I'm sure we will kill them in the replay at home. Plus another game for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back