The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This just in from Associated Press:

Mohamed Salah told Egypt team officials and teammates that he is considering retiring from international play because he is angry about being used as a political symbol while the World Cup squad was based in Chechnya, two people close to the player told The Associated Press Sunday.

Salah the Muslim world’s most popular soccer player today said he was particularly annoyed with a team banquet hosted by Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, who used the dinner to grant Salah “honorary citizenship,” according to the two people. Both spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.

Mohamed Salah told Egypt team officials and teammates that he is considering retiring from international play because he is angry about being used as a political symbol while the World Cup squad was based in Chechnya, two people close to the player told The Associated Press Sunday.

Salah the Muslim world’s most popular soccer player today said he was particularly annoyed with a team banquet hosted by Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, who used the dinner to grant Salah “honorary citizenship,” according to the two people. Both spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.
I like this. He just wants to play football. Not be involved in all the political propaganda.

Come home, Kevin.
Obviously he is very young in this video and throughout the course of his life Im sure Liverpool probably wasnt or is still his favourite club but I've always wondered about that.

A lot of players say, this was my childhood club, or I've always dreamed of playing for so and so etc...

I've been a Liverpool fan all my life and if I was suddenly gifted with KDB's talent where I can pretty much choose any team to play for, I'd engineer my way to Liverpool FC. I think for a lot of people the money far outweighs that kinda stuff in the end.

Disappointed that he didn't do the John Oliver thing and asked about his cat

A lovely touch and goal plus a poor miss from Salah overnight

The man is a demi-god but he needs to work on his finishing when 1 vs 1 with the keeper - the miss reminded me of that Stoke home game when he did something similar (hooked it wide right)

A lovely touch and goal plus a poor miss from Salah overnight

The man is a demi-god but he needs to work on his finishing when 1 vs 1 with the keeper - the miss reminded me of that Stoke home game when he did something similar (hooked it wide right)
He scores an awful lot of goals though. Not sure finishing is a huge problem for him. He looks underdone though. Glad he's finished now and can have some time off.

Salah looks like a mess
Should never have played at this World Cup

What a joke
Really hope he can come out fit and in top form again next season. Between getting taken out of the CL final and his issues with the Egypt FA he can't have been in the best space for the last month.

A testament to his quality that he still scored two WC goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope he can come out fit and in top form again next season. Between getting taken out of the CL final and his issues with the Egypt FA he can't have been in the best space for the last month.

A testament to his quality that he still scored two WC goals
Hopefully his holiday now can clear his mind and he can come back next season and be just as good. He's set the bar pretty high so it will be interesting to see how he goes next season.

Looks like Ingsy is on his way out. Totally understandable.

Would have been nice if it worked out.

This opens the door for Brewster and Origi but I think particularly for the former. I just have an inkling Origi will be moved on. In which case, it would be wise to find a new Premier League ready striker.

Looks like Ingsy is on his way out. Totally understandable.

Would have been nice if it worked out.

This opens the door for Brewster and Origi but I think particularly for the former. I just have an inkling Origi will be moved on. In which case, it would be wise to find a new Premier League ready striker.

move on Origi as well, doesn't fit in Klopp's style, buy someone to be backup.
what we get for Ings/Sturridge should get us someone decent you'd think.

Would be nice if we can fetch 20+ mil on Ings, good luck to him elsewhere, has had rotten luck
We rejected 20mil offers for him just last summer. Personally I'd block a move and loan out Solanke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back