The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This and the replies to it are hilarious

Pennant was the same guy who parked his Porsche at a train station in Spain, and left it there for 5 months because he forgot he owned it.

Also only 16 players have ever scored 100 goals for Liverpool. I feel we currently have four players in the squad who could get there. But of course a lot can happen in the future. I thought Torres and Suarez were nailed on to join this club but they ended on 81 and 82, coming up short before they both departed.

Daniel Sturridge is the first cab off the rank. His LFC career looked dead six months ago but after a cracking preseason and him embracing his new role he is back and scoring goals. His goal on the weekend has moved him to 64 goals for us. He has 36 to go. It might still be tough for him as he is now a backup and we all know his injury record. But a couple of season of around 15 in all comps will get him awfully close.

Firmino is next having scored an even 50 for us. Scoring 27 in all comps last season, if he keeps up that strike rate he could move into the 100 club by the end of next season.

Salah is next having scored 45 goals so far for us. 44 in his debut season and 1 in 1 so far this term. If he stays with us for this season and next, he will surely coast into the 100 club.

Then we have Sadio Mane. He is still some way off having scored 35 goals for Liverpool so far. 13 in his debut campaign but then 20 last season. He's just getting better and better and already has a brace under the belt from the weekend. Still needs 65 so he would need to be at the club another 3 or so years and average around 20 in all comps per season.

But I can see all four getting there over the next few years and if they do, we are in for some high scoring seasons and some exciting games! Hopefully some trophies too!

Studge is in the final year of his contract. Keeping him would require a bunch of things to happen - him to think he owes us for all the years he was on the bench; his fitness to stay high; no other major clubs to come in for him; other players not to usurp him as the forward subs; him to only want to play for a big club.

This and the replies to it are hilarious
Is it meant to be true? It's written in 'Notes' on an iPhone...? These are actual grabs from a news article, from a Newcastle paper called 'Chronicle Live':
“On the pitch, often I can see what’s best. Ultimately you have to trust the players once they cross the white line. But with Rafa, it was constant directions.

“Just sometimes, he might as well have turned a player into an Xbox, dressed me up like RoboCop and put a picture of my face on it. I’m not a defensive midfielder. I’m not James Milner, who keeps it simple. I’m a flair player and do my own thing. But his constant instructions really restricted me. They stopped me from being free. He could never let me do my thing.

“When you have so many instructions, it makes it so difficult. You’ve got some instructions and tactics in your mind and yet he’s shouting even more at you. All of a sudden you’re confused. You’ve got two sets of instructions in your mind and you’re left wondering what to do. It means that, suddenly, you mess up with a simple pass because your mind is all over the place. Honestly, Rafa was a nightmare like that.”
“There were times when I would get so angry about how boring and repetitive training was that I would just lose it and shout, ‘For f**k’s sake – just give us a bit of a five-a-side!’

“As a player, you just want a bit of fun, to make training good and lively. But, with Rafa, the training was so boring that you’d come in and all you’d want to do was slit your wrists! The amount of time in training that we’d do shape, tactics and nothing else!” With Rafa, it is all about himself. It was either his way or no way. The man management was down to his staff. That was why, when Pako Ayestarán (his assistant) went, they had a parting of the ways and things started to go downhill a bit.”
On the flip-side, he has spoken a lot about chasing girls, being drunk and having a threesome with Ashley Cole. Plus, anyone who's played football well at a decent level shouldn't be thinking Milner just "keeps it simple".

Studge is in the final year of his contract. Keeping him would require a bunch of things to happen - him to think he owes us for all the years he was on the bench; his fitness to stay high; no other major clubs to come in for him; other players not to usurp him as the forward subs; him to only want to play for a big club.

Is it meant to be true? It's written in 'Notes' on an iPhone...? These are actual grabs from a news article, from a Newcastle paper called 'Chronicle Live':

On the flip-side, he has spoken a lot about chasing girls, being drunk and having a threesome with Ashley Cole. Plus, anyone who's played football well at a decent level shouldn't be thinking Milner just "keeps it simple".
In Rafa's defense too, football is a business now. Professionals footballer is a job. You're not paid to come to training and * about. You're paid to come to training and do what the manager wants to get the best results on the pitch come the weekend. Which Rafa certainly did. Winners and great pro's like Gerrard and Carra never moan about Rafa. He was different sure, unapproachable sure, not the type to give you a huge and put his arm around you but he knew his stuff and he got results. He won trophies.

Pennant was just a dickhead who wanted to earn a ton of cash, crush bitties and have fun. I dont think he cared too much about winning trophies. That's fine, that's just who he is.

In Rafa's defense too, football is a business now. Professionals footballer is a job. You're not paid to come to training and **** about. You're paid to come to training and do what the manager wants to get the best results on the pitch come the weekend. Which Rafa certainly did. Winners and great pro's like Gerrard and Carra never moan about Rafa. He was different sure, unapproachable sure, not the type to give you a huge and put his arm around you but he knew his stuff and he got results. He won trophies.

Pennant was just a dickhead who wanted to earn a ton of cash, crush bitties and have fun. I dont think he cared too much about winning trophies. That's fine, that's just who he is.

i was actually never a huge fan of Rafa but you cant deny what he has done for the club is amazing, i think he is a great tactician but i just get bored watching his teams play. One of my favourite things about Klopp is his emphasis on how important it is to play attacking football that is exciting. I can hardly think of watching a boring Klopp performance with LFC. Long Live Klopperinho

i was actually never a huge fan of Rafa but you cant deny what he has done for the club is amazing, i think he is a great tactician but i just get bored watching his teams play. One of my favourite things about Klopp is his emphasis on how important it is to play attacking football that is exciting. I can hardly think of watching a boring Klopp performance with LFC. Long Live Klopperinho

Really? Go back and watch the games from that 08/09 season and come back and tell me we played boring football.

Klopp is the GOAT!

Really? Go back and watch the games from that 08/09 season and come back and tell me we played boring football.
The Football we were playing then was nowhere as exciting as the Football we are playing now, Rafa bought in so many defensive minded players (mashcerano, alonso etc.) into the 11. Only reason we scored was because we had Torres and Gerrard really, Doesn't mean Rafa was a bad Manager at all. But id watch a Klopp team over a Rafa team almost anyday.

The Football we were playing then was nowhere as exciting as the Football we are playing now, Rafa bought in so many defensive minded players (mashcerano, alonso etc.) into the 11. Only reason we scored was because we had Torres and Gerrard really, Doesn't mean Rafa was a bad Manager at all. But id watch a Klopp team over a Rafa team almost anyday.

Alonso and defensive minded is an oxymoron. The only real defensive minded player we had in the starting 11 outside of the back 5 was Mascherano.

Nobody is saying we played more exciting football then, but to say it was boring is wrong.

Klopp is the GOAT!
Alonso and defensive minded is an oxymoron. The only real defensive minded player we had in the starting 11 outside of the back 5 was Mascherano.

Nobody is saying we played more exciting football then, but to say it was boring is wrong.

Alonso is probably the best passer of a ball iv seen, but theres no doubt he was a conservative footballer and he played very deep, hence why he has low assist and goal numbers for a star CM. We also played Lucas Leiva that season in midfield who i would also say is a defensive minded Midfielder. im sorry but i get bored watching Newcastle play, for me the 08/09 season was exciting because how well we went and the fact Gerrard and Torres were amazing, compared to Klopp i think you can argue he plays a defensive style of football and likes to put numbers behind the ball that grinds out results rather than Klopp teams which employ high press (heavy metal football).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 08-09, that man utd side with the fearsome front 3 of Ronaldo Rooney and Tevez scored 68 goals. Rafa's boring team scored 77

Complete and utter myth that Rafa's sides were "boring", they were disciplined but that didn't make them boring

Still in my opinion that was down to the fact we had Gerrard and Torres in amazing form rather than the style of football we played

Still in my opinion that was down to the fact we had Gerrard and Torres in amazing form rather than the style of football we played

That Man Utd kept 10 clean sheets in a row and kept winning 1-0, they had Ronaldo Rooney and Tevez, so why do you think Rafa's sides are boring but not them?

The s**t that Rafa gets from our own fanbase absolutely ******* shits me, it's the same campaigners that hounded his ass out and got Hodgson in, not until we hired Jurg did we get outta the hole those w***ers dug ourselves in.

I remember the s**t when people wanted Woy in, "he's British, we need more British players coz those foreigners don't understand what it means to play for Liverpool!", "Spanish waiters and their rotation and zonal marking! Just go classic 4-4-2 and man marking!".

That Man Utd kept 10 clean sheets in a row and kept winning 1-0, they had Ronaldo Rooney and Tevez, so why do you think Rafa's sides are boring but not them?

The s**t that Rafa gets from our own fanbase absolutely ******* shits me, it's the same campaigners that hounded his ass out and got Hodgson in, not until we hired Jurg did we get outta the hole those w***ers dug ourselves in.

I remember the s**t when people wanted Woy in, "he's British, we need more British players coz those foreigners don't understand what it means to play for Liverpool!", "Spanish waiters and their rotation and zonal marking! Just go classic 4-4-2!".

Haha im more than willing to get stuck into Fergi and Man Utd, United may have been conservative as well but they have also had amazing counter-attacking teams which you cant say for Rafa. I actually stated that he is an amazing tactician and i think he's a good manager. Just because i think he played boring tactics a lot doesnt mean i hate the guy haha and i think anyone that truely supports LFC knows how well he did with us in some seasons.

Alonso is probably the best passer of a ball iv seen, but theres no doubt he was a conservative footballer and he played very deep, hence why he has low assist and goal numbers for a star CM. We also played Lucas Leiva that season in midfield who i would also say is a defensive minded Midfielder. im sorry but i get bored watching Newcastle play, for me the 08/09 season was exciting because how well we went and the fact Gerrard and Torres were amazing, compared to Klopp i think you can argue he plays a defensive style of football and likes to put numbers behind the ball that grinds out results rather than Klopp teams which employ high press (heavy metal football).

Being conservative doesn't make you defensive minded. It is being smart and not playing balls when they are not on. Lucas, on the other hand, was a bit part player that season and didn't really start playing regularly until Mascherano left. He also was not naturally a DM. Rafa turned him into one.

Rafa was fantastic. Had an eye for talent too. Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Dani Alves could have been Liverpool players had we not had owners who were running the club into the ground. Instead we had to sell to buy and ended up with 3rd and 4th choices.

This debate about Rafa reminds me of this period of the 2008/09 season. Was Rafa pragmatic? Yes. Boring? No way.This was a period of exciting football. We could (should) have won the PL that year but for our inability to beat the bus parkers (including that inexplicable 2-0 loss to Middlesborough which preceded this run), Tactically we could not break down the bus parkers. That is the only criticism i can find wrt Rafa.
Here is a snapshot of that 2008/09 season. It was a period of fantastic football.
03/3 Liverpool 2 Sunderland 0
10/3 Liverpool 4 Real Madrid 0 (CL)- Glorious!!
14/3 Man United 1 Liverpool 4
22/3 Liverpool 5 Aston Villa 0
04/4 Fulham 0 Liverpool 1
08/4 Liverpool 1 Chelsea 3 (CL)
11/4 Liverpool 4 Blackburn 0
14/4 Liverpool 4 Chelsea 4 (CL)
21/4 Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4
25/4 Hull 1 Liverpool 3
03/5 Liverpool 3 Newcastle 0
09/5 West Ham 0 Liverpool 3
17/05 WBA 0 Liverpool 2
24/5 Liverpool 3 Tottenham 1
All this despite the toxic enviroment caused by that scum, Hicks and Gillett. I'll never forget when in an interview they referred to us as a franchise. That sent a shiver down my spine. Arseholes.

9niFd45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back