The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a lot of us have watched City the last few months. What are peoples honest opinion of them?

Will they get better? Will they get worse? They just seemed so clinical, was like watching a simulation (maybe it is) at times. Can't call it boring football because it is not but it just seemed so well coached it felt medicore.

Just to note, I'm not having a go at them, phenomenal team.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing." - Bill Shankly

I'm sick of finishing second. We can keep making excuses and that's all they are, excuses, just a different one each time. We had 18 titles to Man Utd's 7, now they have 20 and we're still on 18. And during this period we've always a good chance to lose in the 3rd or 4th round of the FA Cup.

But great, we're favourites to win the European Cup for the 6th time. I want ONE premiership. If we need 100 points to win a title, then I want a squad capable of doing it. Other teams have bought a title, I want Liverpool to buy one.

Number of EPL Titles:
13 - Manchester United
5 - Chelsea
4 - Manchester City
3 - Arsenal
1 - Blackburn, Leicester
0 - Liverpool

We just had our highest points tally in a season ever and 3rd highest of any club ever only beaten by city this year and last and you’re talking about making excuses as if it’s not good enough ... serious ??? Be proud of our best season ever and move on .. nothing more could have been done we had an incredible season

I'm sure a lot of us have watched City the last few months. What are peoples honest opinion of them?

Will they get better? Will they get worse? They just seemed so clinical, was like watching a simulation (maybe it is) at times. Can't call it boring football because it is not but it just seemed so well coached it felt medicore.

Just to note, I'm not having a go at them, phenomenal team.

Barring a disaster, they'll end up on 90+ points again next season. Think Pep will probably spend upwards of £150m getting in 3 or so players to replace the likes of Fernandinho etc... We'll be on a hiding to nothing trying to compete with them again next season, and everyone else. I guess we know that much, there will be little room for error if we want the title.

There were a few games this season where tactically we could've been better but the bottom line is 97 points is a phenomenal result. Offer it to me for next season and I'd happily take it.

Disappointing to say the least regarding the epl title but i try and look at the positives

- city beat us by 1 point not 5 or 10 or 15....
- whilst I think the pressure hit us hard around the new year, we have now learnt to deal with it better as can be seen with winning the last 9 or 10 epl games straight.
- on a squad for squad comparison i reckon our defense and forwards are better, their midfield is better. We knew that and I think Klopp will target another midfielder. Hopefully Ox stays injury free as well as Keita but someone in the KDB mould would be perfect.
- Were in the final of the CL

Disappointing to say the least regarding the epl title but i try and look at the positives

- whilst I think the pressure hit us hard around the new year, we have now learnt to deal with it better as can be seen with winning the last 9 or 10 epl games straight.
- on a squad for squad comparison i reckon our defense and forwards are better, their midfield is better. We knew that and I think Klopp will target another midfielder. Hopefully Ox stays injury free as well as Keita but someone in the KDB mould would be perfect.

-We finished 25 points ahead of Chelsea in third place, that's a fair gap

Really mixed feelings about the league. Yes we've done well and City being a better side than us overall imo makes it a bit easier to take, but I just can't help wonder what would have happened if Fabinho had started the game at the Etihad and if we'd not loaned out Clyne in January

We will be the better team on paper in a few weeks time so Klopp better get it right because as nice as the past year and a half has been, we really need to win something

Midfield is where the game is won. And we should buy in that area. Liverpool doesn’t have a prolific attacking or passing star. We have workmanlike players supporting Salah and Co.

Paid heavily the price of Milner and Henderson starting around Christmas. Went into cautious mode. 0–0 results won’t get titles.

Midfield is where the game is won. And we should buy in that area. Liverpool doesn’t have a prolific attacking or passing star. We have workmanlike players supporting Salah and Co.

Paid heavily the price of Milner and Henderson starting around Christmas. Went into cautious mode. 0–0 results won’t get titles.

thats it.

Right. Transfer time.

16572BF2-7F12-46EE-9537-DFE82064BCC9.jpeg

In:
Whatever our budget is, I’d spend most of it on #1 & #2.

1. Recent talk has been of interest in Neres (Ajax), Pepe (Lille), Bergwijn (PSV) and Depay (Lyon). Previously we have been linked to Werner (Leipzig). Speed, skill, and flexibility to play across the front 3 the key criteria for me.

2. Could be a bit of crossover between this position and #1. A move for Fekir last summer fell over at the last minute, it’ll be interesting to see with a year less remaining on his contract if we go back in for him. Either way, I think this is the most obvious position where we could really strengthen our nominal starting XI with an established, world class talent.

Out:
Mignolet, Karius, Clyne, Grujic, Lallana, Wilson, Kent, Ojo, Sturridge, Ings

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a fine balance though. Most of our goal scoring chances come from the fullbacks bombing forward, which they only have the freedom to do because they’re so well protected from the midfielders.

If we can find someone with the same work rate as our current midfielders, but with that extra guile and creativity that they don’t have then that’d be perfect. I guess that’s what we’re still hoping Keita is going to be.

Right. Transfer time.

View attachment 673048

In:
Whatever our budget is, I’d spend most of it on #1 & #2.

1. Recent talk has been of interest in Neres (Ajax), Pepe (Lille), Bergwijn (PSV) and Depay (Lyon). Previously we have been linked to Werner (Leipzig). Speed, skill, and flexibility to play across the front 3 the key criteria for me.

2. Could be a bit of crossover between this position and #1. A move for Fekir last summer fell over at the last minute, it’ll be interesting to see with a year less remaining on his contract if we go back in for him. Either way, I think this is the most obvious position where we could really strengthen our nominal starting XI with an established, world class talent.

Out:
Mignolet, Karius, Clyne, Grujic, Lallana, Wilson, Kent, Ojo, Sturridge, Ings

If we don't get De Ligt Jurg probably won't buy a defender at all this summer, going by his previous record

Other than that it's a complete mystery what we're gonna do, I have no idea who that Pepe lad is. Neres would be great but we won't be the only ones after him, and I assume we're signing Depay just to troll the mancs

I seriously like Julian Brandt and his 20 mil release clause, but sounds like he could be off to Dortmund instead. So hard prying the German players away from Germany

Last edited:
Need help for the front three. Winger/striker/attacking midfidlers are a must. Been blessed with no injuries to the three for the past two seasons. Can see us going for fekir again this time we'll sign him

We need another goal scorer. Yes our front three scores a lot of goals, but it's the "off days" that they sometimes have which resulted us drawing too many games. Eg. Drew with Man Utd 0-0, then our next game we beat Watford with 5-0 and then the game after that we drew with Everton 0-0.

Another player that is capable of scoring 8-10 goals per season will be good.

We have been fortunate this season with our front 3 being virtually injury free. That may not be the case next season. A quality forward is needed for a sustained challenge on all fronts next season.

I will be very disappointed if we don't get someone,because it may just bite us on the bum, if we don't.

Watching Trent grow as a player the past 2 years have been a pleasure

Couldn't defend at first, now he is very solid, erratic delivery at first, now he can't stop assisting. Only 20, all down to Jurg developing him
Picked it early. Club legend in the making. I said he'd play 600 times for us and I stand by it. He's our next captain too.

Just on the league season. It's rubbish if people moan about this draw or that draw or that we didn't do this or that or whatever.

We were beaten by a better team. It's as simple as that. They beat us by a bees dick. We would have won the league every season in history except for this one and last season.

It's just really bloody unlucky that we finally put together an all time great league season and another team does the exact same thing in the same season.

Can't moan about. We have been utterly sensational, we're just terribly, terribly unlucky.

It's important now to bring home our 6th European Cup. We've been building with Klopp. He got us to a League Cup Final. Then a Europa League Cup Final and he got us back in the Champions League. We made the Final and lost. Then this season we lose the league by a point in an all time great season and we've made back to back CL finals.

Klopp has done brilliantly but the one thing that is avoiding us is silverware. So the CL final becomes huge. Trophies and winning breeds familiarity. Get one trophy and I think quite a few more will follow.

We deserve the European Cup to finally arrive at the apex of this well thought out and well built plan.

Let's go get number 6.

Then... we can talk about next season.

Need help for the front three. Winger/striker/attacking midfidlers are a must. Been blessed with no injuries to the three for the past two seasons. Can see us going for fekir again this time we'll sign him

Exactly. Injury luck will run out. Like RIchmond this year. Now we have probably the most injuries in AFL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back