The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werner looks good but he isn't the be all and end all. What makes him more capable of breaking down a defense than any of our other front three?

Lol this is a bit unhinged. They're not exactly Mike Ashley or the Glazers and a bottomless pit hasn't delivered PSG anything but domestic domination in a league where the next best for buying power is about Everton level. Ownership is more than just the transfer budget.

We would be stronger for a multitude of reasons. His attitude. The guy wanted nothing more than to be a Liverpool player. He is 24, we could get 7 to 8 great years out of him or sell him for 100 mill in 2-3 years to one of the la liga grubs. A front 4 instead of a front 3, bamboozling defences. Or a rotating front 3 which freshens them and prolongs their careers. Back up for injury. Makes us less predictable, opposition coaches second guessing which 3 of the 4 start. I could go on and on about the benefits of Werner. AFCON 2022, no Salah, no Mane, we are screwed. For a lousy 50 ******* mill we have missed out on all that, because our owners are penny watchers. Bad football business. Terrible in fact. I would love nothing more than for people to tell me I told you so but I have a feeling it will come back to bite us on the ass.

I acknowledged above not the Glazers.

They were resucitating at the beginning, surgery if you like, but if we want to go the next level, we need to start thinking bigger. Have you seen United's front 3? They are all circa 24 and look at the goals they have scored. What are we, circa 27 in age? In 3 years things will look markedly diffetent if we don't start upgrading NOW.

The next level? We are champions of everything and you're moaning we don't have the front three of 5th placed Manchester United.

Reddy seems to think we'd go for someone like Aouar before Thiago, which makes sense. Doubt we'll have the money to buy anyone unless we sell, covid's a bitch

Doubt Werner would've come, pandemic or not, Chelsea offered him 170k, we weren't matching that

Don't think there's any rush to buy tbh, squad's fine and we can still try to tab into Naby and Takumi

They were resucitating at the beginning, surgery if you like, but if we want to go the next level, we need to start thinking bigger. Have you seen United's front 3? They are all circa 24 and look at the goals they have scored. What are we, circa 27 in age? In 3 years things will look markedly diffetent if we don't start upgrading NOW.

Why are you worried about what will happen in 3 years time? There’s like half a dozen transfer windows in the future for us to buy someone.

Why are you worried about what will happen in 3 years time? There’s like half a dozen transfer windows in the future for us to buy someone.

Exactly. And when FSG decide on their man they will get him and he will s**t on Werner and all the ManU Front 3.

1/ Liverpool need a mid before they need another world class striker.
2/ Liverpool need to keep the current front 3 happy
3/ FSG have been incredible. They might not be splashing cash everywhere on players but they have invested in the best front office in football by a long way.
4/ Liverpool will get Mbappe when the time is right and no one will remember who Werner is.

Let's just finish the season off hey. Try to claim some records and once that's all done, we can think about possible transfers. To be honest with Corona, I dont think we will be making any huge moves this summer. We already have one of the best squads in the world and next season may provide more and more chances for Elliot, Takumi, Jones and Williams. Might also see a bit of Hoever if Lovren departs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd go for Willian if we're not going to spend up big. Just see him working pretty well in our system.

Yeah Neco started really well and has had excellent moment and a few poor ones. Indicative of a youngster.

Annoying to lose a goal there just before HT but Brighton have been really good. Electric start from us though, but then we kinda lost our way a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back