The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henderson & Sturridge now back in the side, Sakho due back within the next month. If we can keep them fit then that extra depth and quality on the bench can certainly be a point of difference for us relative to those sides like Spurs & Leicester that we'll likely be competing with for a top 4 spot. The ability to cover for injuries and rotate to keep everyone fresh while maintaining a quality XI on the park will be critical to our chances of success in the second half of the season.

We all said at the start of the season when we saw that hellish fixture over the first 13 weeks (which included arguably the 7 most difficult away trips in the league) that if we came through the other side of this run of games and were within touching distance of top 4, putting ourselves in a strong position to push on in the 2nd half of the season, then it would have been a good result.

Well - we're 2 points behind Tottenham, 4 points behind Arsenal in 4th and 6 points off City in 1st; so we've done that, and done it without 3 of our best players for the bulk of the season to date. Plenty of cause for optimism. Hopefully that injection of quality into the side will see us really lift into top gear over the next month or 2 and give ourselves every chance of going on a decent run, pushing into the top 4 and lifting some silverware.

Hendo, Studge and Flanno yeah?

im not afraid to say it, i want the league why cant we win it the other teams arent better
It's not cause the other team aren't better, it's beating the teams that aren't a 'threat'. Teams like Sunderland, Stoke City, Norwich and Watford. Those teams we struggle against, when we do so well against teams like Man City, Chelsea and Man United. Arsenal have lost and drew against West Brom and Norwich last two games, yet dominated against Man Utd earlier in the season.

I despise teams that park the bus at Anfield, not because they shouldn't do it but it makes the games so damn ******* dire to watch

In a weird way it is a compliment, but it's still annoying.

Just finished watching the game before. As with the Bordeaux game, it certainly wasn't pretty, but it's also important to grind the wins out and in the last two games we've managed to do that while not playing at anywhere near our best.

On the game, Firmino has followed up his great performance against City with two ordinary efforts - how many times has he given the ball away in the last two games alone!?

Milner might not be the best player in the world or anyone's favourite, but his energy and pressing are excellent and help us win the ball in advantageous areas of the pitch. He plays an important role.

Ibe is still very hot and cold - one nice bit of play is inevitably followed by a bad touch or an overhit pass. He's still young though and will hopefully develop his consistency as he matures.

Lovren has stepped in again and is doing well. He still never looks totally convincing, but he's doing the job required of him.

Great week overall with the three wins, progression in Europa and the returns of Sturridge (for now) and Henderson. Lucas is over his suspension now as well and with Sakho hopefully not too far away, we might just have a relatively settled and decent-sized squad to choose from heading into the second half of the season.

I say rest everyone for the League Cup game bar Ibe / Hendo / Studge. Bonus if we win and if we lose we avoid a fixture logjam later in the season.
Nah I wanna win trophies. That's the point of football. Rest some players but not all.

With Lucas having the weekend off, you'd expect him to start. Rest Can and bring in Allen and rest Milner and give Hendo a start. That's still a quality midfield. Kolo Toure can start for Skrtel. Ibe can start, maybe start Origi or Studge to rest Benteke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12314112_964344690300895_7077359303143209050_n.png

12295231_964456166956414_7860734840634381641_n.png

Fair dinkum, when are they going to rest Clyne? It's getting beyond a joke. Just put a makeshift RB in there for one game.

I'm hoping Randall plays. He's been on the bench several times and is training with the main group. Was pretty solid on his debut in October.

The Under 21's played tonight and lost to Man United (who had Romero and Fellaini) 3-2.

Rossiter and Enrique made their returns from injury.

Cleary, Chirivella, Sinclair and Brannagan also played so I think all will be left out of the squad vs Southampton.

Might be an unpopular opinion but when we're up by a goal and it's the last few minutes of the game and a team is coming and we're just trying to hang on is the time where I'm more emotionally connected with the match. Scoring goals and putting teams away is obviously preferable but scrapping it out at times is enjoyable in some sort of sadistic way for me.

Also, Stevie G must be spending some one-on-one time with Lovren, swear he tried to hit a few long range Stevie-like passes and pulled a couple off too, even on his left pegger :eek::eek:

Also, Stevie G must be spending some one-on-one time with Lovren, swear he tried to hit a few long range Stevie-like passes and pulled a couple off too, even on his left pegger :eek::eek:
Lovren has always fancied himself as a Stevie/Xabi type passer. He's ok. But I wouldnt recommend him doing it. But if we're looking to go long, id prefer him passing it than say Skrtel. It will become irrelevant when Sakho is back though as he will be watching from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back