The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well holy s**t. That could be a massive goal in the title race.

Everything looked lost. I felt like we'd done a gargantuan job in winning the league cup, somehow progressing in the FA Cup and winning league matches all whilst this injury crisis has laid us bare. The kids had done an amazing job trying to keep us afloat but I thought it had all finally caught up with us.

Then Nunez was like, nah, I got you homies. What a hero.

Nunez and Szo back will give us a little relief but that goal was massive.

We drop points there and City go into the game at Anfield, knowing a draw is good enough, now they need to win, it shifts the pressure. It also means a draw for us is ok now and keeps City in the rear view. Just a massive goal.

So proud of the lads too, never say die. Go til the bitter end! Then we found it.

Love this club.

Always check the Liverpool sub on reddit. Goals usually go up within a couple of minutes.
Oh Dubz was the goal link I thought you were tagging a poster 😂 cheers mate!

Forrest fans crying about how much time was added on while conveniently forgetting their keeper was down for a good 5 minutes.
Yeah I wanted 10 minutes. There were a million stoppages including a few "injury" ones to compliment that 5 minute break.

I did think he'd stiff us with 5 or 6, so 8 was actually alright. And then there were further hold ups and time wasting in stoppage time.

They can have no complaints. They were creating at least as many chances as us down the stretch!

Yeah I wanted 10 minutes. There were a million stoppages including a few "injury" ones to compliment that 5 minute break.

I did think he'd stiff us with 5 or 6, so 8 was actually alright. And then there were further hold ups and time wasting in stoppage time.

They can have no complaints. They were creating at least as many chances as us down the stretch!
One of the Forest players literally got a yellow for time wasting in the added time so I dont reckon the Forest coaches have much to complain about haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The complaints seem to be that when play was stopped for Konates head knock, Forest had possession outside the penalty area, so should have received possession on the restart. Instead he gave the ball to Kelleher.

All depends on the refs opinion on this I think - the incident was in the penalty box so can argue that the ref called the ball dead immediately, thereby returning the ball to Kelleher is correct.

Need a referee who knows what they’re talking about on this one.

The complaints seem to be that when play was stopped for Konates head knock, Forest had possession outside the penalty area, so should have received possession on the restart. Instead he gave the ball to Kelleher.

All depends on the refs opinion on this I think - the incident was in the penalty box so can argue that the ref called the ball dead immediately, thereby returning the ball to Kelleher is correct.

Need a referee who knows what they’re talking about on this one.

The rule says possession returned to the team that touched it last before the whistle.

The rule says possession returned to the team that touched it last before the whistle.
Yep, unless the last touch of the ball was in the penalty area when the referee made the call to stop play.

Can’t tell from the replay because the Goal Rush feed on Optus cut to another focus when this was happening.

Edit: Actually found the full replay, and ref whistles when Forest are in possession, outside the penalty area. Interestingly the dedicated commentary team indicated that there was a VAR check for the Gomez holding incident at the same time. All very confusing.

Last edited:
Great win but hard not to look ahead to next weeks matches. Ideally Szob and Darwin get some more minutes into their legs and Mo comes on for 15-20 mins against Prague. Also if possible Mac, VVD, Gakpo and Diaz play limited minutes or rested as they’ve been overworked the past month.

Whilst we go in to try to win against Prague I’m sure Klopp will be thinking ahead to City. Our injuries are looking far better but what concerns me is lack of match fitness for the returnees and the others having been overworked. Player management so important this week.

Japanese men’s life expectancy is 6 years more than English men, for example. In Japanese years Endo is 25 and right at the peak of his powers.

If he's anything like Kazu he will be our #6 for another 10 years at least haha

VVD deserves a statue for his last month - he has been huge.

That starting team last night was grim. Gomez in midfield, Clarke first start, Gapko central striker (something is missing with Gapko - he is not a first banana), Elliot starting is not ideal either.

But by the end with Mac-Endo-Szo in midfield and Nunez taking charge things were starting to look better.

Add Salah and this team is back.

We have come through the last month as good as we could possibly hope - mostly down to VVD who has been sensational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back