The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Also to be clear I dont think Edwards leaving was because of FSG, I think it was because of Klopp and Ljinders. The guy says as much in a previous video and makes good points about the current situation with Edwards.

It's no coincidence that Klopp announces he's leaving and next minute there are rumours that Edwards is returning. IMO that's because Edwards and Klopp didnt see eye to eye on quite a few transfers and contracts and Edwards always felt undermined, not so much by Klopp who should have the final say but more so by Ljinders who I think Edwards thought was given too much power.

I also think this is why Ljinders isnt being considered as the next manager with Klopp leaving.

The guy also makes a solid point about the rumours that Edwards is open to coming back but only if he has full control of transfers and contracts etc. That's not him saying "im the best, i wanna run everything" but more so saying, the last time I was here I was constantly undermined, I cant come back to that sort of thing.

There were rumours a while ago I read about how Edwards didnt want to renew Hendo and wanted to replace him with Enzo Fernandez who could be gotten from River Plate at the time for about 15 million. But Klopp pushed back and renewed Hendo and that's when we fell short on the quadruple push as the legs werent quite there which in turn the following season completely fell apart in midfield.

I dont know.

But a lot has gone on behind the scenes in the last few years where key people have left like Edwards and now Klopp up's and leaves before his contract is even up.

Long story short, I dont think Henry and FSG, Edwards and Klopp have all gotten along as well as they try to make it seem. I think all three parties see footballing matters differently. And in the end, it looks like we will lose Jurg because of it.

Now IMO he is the KEY reason for our success. I think FSG have been good owners, they have steadily built the club back up to where we are now one of the very top teams in world football again. I also believe Edwards is a genius and had a massive impact on our success.

But FSG and Edwards plus ETH or plus Poch or plus Arteta and this doesnt work. Maybe some success, but not he success we see under Klopp and more importantly not the vibe, the atmosphere the togetherness, the family that Klopp has built between the squad and the fans.

It's Klopp who makes it happen.

Be interesting to see how next season goes without the great man and as ive said, if it comes out in the wash that FSG has cost us Klopp. Pitch forks time.

How good do the Gunners look. Are they a bigger threat than City? Outside of that game I can’t see them dropping points. City are so consistent though.

Nunez the ultimate wildcard. We could win the league on the back of a mental three months of Nunez going absolutely ham.

I’m guessing there has never been three sides finish with 90 points. Could happen this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pool/City/Gun games are both draws.
My belief is that Arsenal is the biggest threat to us winning the EPL. If we draw against City they’ll join us 64 points with a superior goal difference. After that, they probably beat City as they’re a better side at this stage of the season.

Also to be clear I dont think Edwards leaving was because of FSG, I think it was because of Klopp and Ljinders. The guy says as much in a previous video and makes good points about the current situation with Edwards.

It's no coincidence that Klopp announces he's leaving and next minute there are rumours that Edwards is returning. IMO that's because Edwards and Klopp didnt see eye to eye on quite a few transfers and contracts and Edwards always felt undermined, not so much by Klopp who should have the final say but more so by Ljinders who I think Edwards thought was given too much power.

I also think this is why Ljinders isnt being considered as the next manager with Klopp leaving.

The guy also makes a solid point about the rumours that Edwards is open to coming back but only if he has full control of transfers and contracts etc. That's not him saying "im the best, i wanna run everything" but more so saying, the last time I was here I was constantly undermined, I cant come back to that sort of thing.

There were rumours a while ago I read about how Edwards didnt want to renew Hendo and wanted to replace him with Enzo Fernandez who could be gotten from River Plate at the time for about 15 million. But Klopp pushed back and renewed Hendo and that's when we fell short on the quadruple push as the legs werent quite there which in turn the following season completely fell apart in midfield.

I dont know.

But a lot has gone on behind the scenes in the last few years where key people have left like Edwards and now Klopp up's and leaves before his contract is even up.

Long story short, I dont think Henry and FSG, Edwards and Klopp have all gotten along as well as they try to make it seem. I think all three parties see footballing matters differently. And in the end, it looks like we will lose Jurg because of it.

Now IMO he is the KEY reason for our success. I think FSG have been good owners, they have steadily built the club back up to where we are now one of the very top teams in world football again. I also believe Edwards is a genius and had a massive impact on our success.

But FSG and Edwards plus ETH or plus Poch or plus Arteta and this doesnt work. Maybe some success, but not he success we see under Klopp and more importantly not the vibe, the atmosphere the togetherness, the family that Klopp has built between the squad and the fans.

It's Klopp who makes it happen.

Be interesting to see how next season goes without the great man and as ive said, if it comes out in the wash that FSG has cost us Klopp. Pitch forks time.
Pitch forks will only tear the club apart

People will believe anything. A Twitter account with 140 followers is of course going to know.

Reminds me of when my mate posted something made up (but sounded like it could be plausible) about Freo on Twitter to see how far it would travel and it got so much traction that even Ross was asked about it in a press conference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mo's back.

I feel Jurg goes with Jogo at RB against City. He is playing well and has experience in big games. IIRC he pocketed Foden last season at RB.

---------------Kelleher----------

Bradders------Quansah--Jogo-------Kostaa

----Elliott--------Mac-------Szo

----Mo-------Darwin------Gakpo

Mac off at 45. If we are in front Clark on. Endo on for 2nd half if the game is in the balance. Jogo off at 45 for Virg.

Szo/Mo/Darwin off at 60 regardless of the score. Gakpo/McConnell/Danns on.

That's how I see Prague away playing out.

They havent been tested defensively though. It's different defending against Sheffield United to defending against City. I think City will beat them when they play.

We tested them (to a point) and couldn't move the ball against them.

We started poorly then slowly got on top, equalised and start of the second half looked like we were gonna go and get the result until the terrible defensive mix up that handed them the lead, they were better than us after that.

But we also didnt have Salah, Endo, Szoboszlai, Matip, Robbo was only just back and it was at the Emirates which is a tough place to go, made tougher without some key players, particularly our best player.

Difference is the Arsenal/City game I believe is at the Etihad and City have all their players back and fit. City did this to them last season, put them to the sword and won 4-1 to end the title race. I fancy them to do it again to Arsenal.

We had a s**t side in though - no Szo and no Salah. Gapko and Grav started and that meant Liverpool were much less of a threat.

City have kept 5 clean sheets in 13 games this year. They have let in 10 goals. They are vulnerable over their high line - Nunez and Salah can exploit this.

Liverpool will score this weekend, it is just a question if they can cause City to score less.

Arsenal are flying but they have been playing trash teams mostly - Newcastle out of form, West Ham were horrendous, Liverpool were depleted and the rest are relegation teams. And they have Brentford next :rolleyes: But then it starts for them - brutal run home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back