The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well what a game. Gotta give City credit, that is an unexpected well placed corner for their lead. Thought they were the better team for the first 20. After that, thought we were well on top, particularly second half we were all over them. Lucho needed to finish one of those chances, thought he was excellent outside of his finishing, so much drive and energy.

Thought Elliott was brilliant again, Endo and Mac great as well. Virgil and and Quansah fantastic, was Haaland even on the pitch? He was anonymous.

Not sure why we took off Nunez with Mo just coming on, Mo was absolutely gonna pick him out, we was on two minutes and already sent Diaz clean through.

Thought we missed Jota really as a game changer off the bench, reckon he could have bobbed up for a goal.

After going behind, pretty pleased to not have lost the game and got something out of it. Hopefully go top next weekend again after the Arsenal/City game.

As for the pen, I mean... you've seen them given like all the time but I knew we wouldnt get it. No chance in the last minute of the game.

That boot to the chest is a penalty every day of the week.
A draw obviously isn’t the worst result but if you want to win the EPL you have to win these games.
Arsenal are in the box seat. They’ll beat City in a week.

That boot to the chest is a penalty every day of the week.
A draw obviously isn’t the worst result but if you want to win the EPL you have to win these games.
Arsenal are in the box seat. They’ll beat City in a week.
At the Etihad? No chance Arsenal go there and win.

Feels like we should’ve won, as we had the better opportunities. Although Doku was close to scoring in the 88th minute. Also, we committed theft taking full points against Forest in the 99th minute. Swings in roundabouts.

If Arsenal take full points at the Etihad and away against Spurs they deserve to win it. I still reckon we will be in the drivers seat come April 1st. And we should start to see a few key players return from then onwards.

I’m cautiously confident. We’ve got the best run home. And at the start of the City game I would’ve taken a draw. It was as important not to allow City full points against us as it was for us to win points. Job complete.

A bit of rest from league matches and then games against a depleted Brighton and Sheffield at Anfield. Would love to see us take away Arsenals goal advantage over those two fixtures. A couple of 4-5 goal wins will do it!

Last edited:
yeah that's it I reckon.

Can't drop a single point now and hope other results go our way

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need to stay ahead of City. I really hope Arsenal can scratch a draw because other than that game and also against Spurs away they are definitely winning maximum points.

Arsenal on the other hand have a brutal run home. They’ve been playing some brilliant football but can they keep it up for another three months? Probably not. Over the next 8 games they have away matches against City, Brighton, Wolves, Spurs and United and also a tricky home game against Villa. I can’t see them taking close to full points on that run.

Went to bed at HT knowing there'd be another goal in it. The most impressive aspect was the midfield and keeping Haaland relatively quiet.

My biggest concerns are Everton and United away. They will both park the biggest busses ever seen. campaigners

City v Arse now the biggest remaining game of the season. It either eliminates one side with a loss or keeps everyone within 2 points if they draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you had offered me a point before the game, I would have taken it. But after sitting through the game and riding every pass, long ball, header, etc, I feel short changed. I am not going to be critical of Diaz, he's been good value for us. But if only. And don't get me started on the studs up challenge at the end. Imagine if that studs up challenge happened against Forest? There would be a UN inquiry given the way they carried on last week. What a joke. I stated here a couple of weeks ago that it's hard not to think that the English football fraternity has it in for us. How many shockers can go against one team in one campaign? I'm actually annoyed seeing Arsenal on top. Even if we don't count the potential penalty against City, give us a point from the Spurs game, deduct a point to Arsenal for the handball and add back 2 points to us for the Arsenal handball and we are 4 points clear of Arsenal and 5 points clear of City. Annoying as *.

So are we all hoping for a draw in the City Arsenal game? As long as Arsenal don't win. Didn't ever think I would want City to win a game but go City. Either a City win or a draw will do, as long as we take care of our business. It's about time Arsenal played a tough opponent. They just seemed to have played lame ducks these past few matches whilst we've been limping by from match to match.

Couldn’t believe the studs up tackle on Salah didn’t get a review. Sure the ref didn’t see the follow through, but surely the third/video assistant reviewed it.

Am okay with Doku’s challenge. He would never in a million year give that. MacAllister kind of held back to get the contact. Had he gone all in and win the header then he would’ve got the penalty.

Am okay with Doku’s challenge. He would never in a million year give that.

There is no way anyone can logically argue that is not a penalty. All I am seeing and hearing is that Doku got a touch on the ball first which is debatable. But, the refs this season have shown they don't give a * if you get the ball first if it is a dangerous challenge. Studs into the chest is dangerous as *. It should by the rules the refs have followed all season been a penalty.

3 weeks between league games is actually insane. Trent, Jones and Grav back soon maybe, save Konate until after international break, give him a break. Who knows when Jota's back, he's deeply missed

Play the kids vs Prague, we need to learn from our quadruple run two years ago, we played the same XI too much towards the end and ran outta steam. Pick our battles more

3 weeks between league games is actually insane. Trent, Jones and Grav back soon maybe, save Konate until after international break, give him a break. Who knows when Jota's back, he's deeply missed

Play the kids vs Prague, we need to learn from our quadruple run two years ago, we played the same XI too much towards the end and ran outta steam. Pick our battles more
We are young. Get ‘em fit and let them play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back