The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My fear with the stats team taking over again is that they'd think Mo and Virgil shouldn't re-sign because of some football manager mentality that 30+ = pace stat declining

They are still playing some of their best football and we have to sign them up for another two years

They should stay until 2026 at least for me, agreed. We want whoever will take over from them to play alongside them for at least one season too.

Whoever our new manager is will need to find a way to replace Ali, Virg, Robbo & Mo by 2027. That's a big job.

They should stay until 2026 at least for me, agreed. We want whoever will take over from them to play alongside them for at least one season too.

Whoever our new manager is will need to find a way to replace Ali, Virg, Robbo & Mo by 2027. That's a big job.

All 3 of Mo Virgil and Trent are on their last year next season, whoever the sporting director is have their work cut out signing them back, it'd be insane to let any of them leave, let alone on a free

All 3 of Mo Virgil and Trent are on their last year next season, whoever the sporting director is have their work cut out signing them back, it'd be insane to let any of them leave, let alone on a free

2 year extension for Mo/Virgil - 5 year deal for Trent. Lock it in.

Last 8 in Europa League: Liverpool, AC Milan, Benfica, West Ham, Villareal, Atalanta, AS Roma, Leverkusen. Proper last eight IMO. As much as you don't want it from a spectacle point of view, West Ham are the easy choice here.
Really? West Ham is the last team I want. Never want to play other English teams. They are more used to Anfield, used to how we play, used to the English game, it's just tougher.

Why are we arsed about that?

Because on the off chance we have a bad season like last season it opens up another chance for us to get into the CL. If the PL had the 5th Champions League spot last season then we would have been playing in it instead of Europa. With Jurgen leaving who knows what is going to happen next season and beyond.

Because on the off chance we have a bad season like last season it opens up another chance for us to get into the CL. If the PL had the 5th Champions League spot last season then we would have been playing in it instead of Europa. With Jurgen leaving who knows what is going to happen next season and beyond.
Do the coefficients shift season to season? I'm honestly not really bothered about missing the Champions League one season, it doesn't felt like an existential threat. Feels like an insecurity from the days of "getting top 4" ten years ago and the importance stressed on Champions League money which increasingly pales in comparison to PL TV money.

I think I'd rather not see Yanited back in the Champions League next season if they claw into fifth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the coefficients shift season to season? I'm honestly not really bothered about missing the Champions League one season, it doesn't felt like an existential threat. Feels like an insecurity from the days of "getting top 4" ten years ago and the importance stressed on Champions League money which increasingly pales in comparison to PL TV money.

I think I'd rather not see Yanited back in the Champions League next season if they claw into fifth

Every 5 years according to the UEFA website. The two extra CL spots up for grabs for the two countries with the highest co-efficient is why the media over there went so hard on United for getting knocked out.

Van Dijk and Gakpo called up for Netherlands.
Mac Allister called up for Argentina.
Tsimikas called up for Greece.
Szoboszlai called up for Hungary.
Robertson called up for Scotland.
Endo called up for Japan.
Diaz called up for Colombia.
Bradley called up for Northern Ireland.
Kelleher called up for Ireland.
Konate called up for France.
Gomez called up for England.
Koumas and Beck called up for Wales U21s.
Jaros called up for the Czech Rep.
Elliott, Quansah and Morton called up for England U21s.
Clark, Chambers and Gordon called up for England U20s.
Danns, Nallo and Nyoni called up for England U18s.

Last edited:
Klopp says Gravenberch trained and looks ready to return. Konate didn't train today, they will check on him tomorrow.

Klopp also thinks Jones will be ready after the int break, Bajcetic to return to team training after the break. Jota and Trent a week after that.

Playing Atalanta in Europa quarter final.
If we win we play Marseille or Benfica
Dream draw. Milan, Roma, West Ham and Leverkusen all on the other side. Means just Atalanta then the winner of Marseille and Benfica to make it to the final. I'd be very disappointed if we aren't there in Dublin.

Last edited:
Klopp says Gravenberch trained and looks ready to return. Konate didn't train today, they will check on him tomorrow.

Klopp also thinks Jones will be ready after the int break, Bajcetic to return to team training after the break. Jota and Trent a week after that.
Slowly getting the band back together. No word on Alisson is concerning though.

Dream draw. Milan, Roma, West Ham and Leverkusen all on the other side. Means just Atalanta then the winner of Marseille and Benfica to make it to the final. I'd be very disappointed if we are there in Dublin.

You'd be disappointed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back