Toast The Shrine of Shiggsy AKA Keith's Cage

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggs turns the ball over once and everyone writes his game off as poor, LOL

It's only because his one turnover was so memorable as it resulted in a direct Kennedy goal and also happened to be the first goal of the match. But every other player who turned the ball over is excused because you can't remember it.

Biggs provides us with a lot of run off the backline, and he is not afraid to take the attacking/risky option when disposing the ball. We do benefit from this at times. However, his disposal is not great and because of this he has a tendency to turn over the ball in bad positions. And we tend to remember these turnovers, as opposed to other ones around the ground. If he can clean his disposal up, even just a little bit, he would be a much better player in my view. He has only played 39 matches, so I don't think we will know his full capabilities for another 20-40 matches.

Once Murphy returns to the team, I would prefer Williams in the Biggs role, if Williams can build on his form from earlier this year. Williams has endeavour, pace and better disposal in my view.

The other option is to play both Williams and Biggs off the half back, and move JJ to a more permanent wing position.

It's only because his one turnover was so memorable as it resulted in a direct Kennedy goal and also happened to be the first goal of the match. But every other player who turned the ball over is excused because you can't remember it.
He had a poor game. He would want to atone I have no doubt about that.

Looked nervous to start the game, but overall I thought Biggie had a decent game against West Coast.

Boyd and Easton Wood sprayed the ball out of bounds at crucial moments in the 3rd quarter too. Happens to the best of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggs like Suckling, I get nervous when they're kicking deep in defence. Has all the skill but there's that turnover / brain fade chance.
I've got to admit I love it when Suckling loads up to kick a 'torp' from half back. He did it twice against West Coast and stuffed up both.
It reminds me of kick-to-kick at school lunchtime when everyone is kicking barrels - the funny thing is that I don't think he's actually any good at kicking torps. Good to see someone breaking free from our rigid, disciplined gameplan and saying f##k it! I'm loading up with a barrel... whoops stuffed it up again... (5 minutes later)....f##k it! I'm loading up with a barrel...

I've got to admit I love it when Suckling loads up to kick a 'torp' from half back. He did it twice against West Coast and stuffed up both.
He did it on other occasions when it worked though, definitely one of the marks that Picken took in Q1 was on the end of a barrel from Suckling.

My initial reaction to the turn over going by body language was that Biggs didn't actually see Kennedy. Still a poor error but my take is certainly different to a few others. Had a pretty good game otherwise and yet another example on how different players are rated and judged purely on our preconceived perceptions and favorites.

It reminds me of kick-to-kick at school lunchtime when everyone is kicking barrels - the funny thing is that I don't think he's actually any good at kicking torps. Good to see someone breaking free from our rigid, disciplined gameplan and saying f##k it! I'm loading up with a barrel... whoops stuffed it up again... (5 minutes later)....f##k it! I'm loading up with a barrel...

POTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back