The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring what ever stats you want it won’t change every other clubs view.
My wife and her family are mad dogs originally from braybrook and Maidstone I have a soft spot for the dogs but it’s plain as day.
I’ve watched the replay twice and I’m commenting because if we lost I would be labelled a sore loser.
The commentary (Victorian) were in shock half a dozen times with non calls.
Of course freo would get more score from frees when dogs defence is shit and panicked that’s what bad defenders do we deserved a few more.
When the game was won and the umps knew it we got 4 cheap frees in the last couple minutes.
If they want to put the whistle away because it’s a final its fine but a docker getting pinged for a throw when it made connection with a closed fist was taking the piss.
Dogs fans will say they don’t give frees away because they’re disciplined but watching Saturday nights game that’s so far from the truth.
If I knew how to dance with technology I would love to edit a video package but realise it would be pointless because most supporter are that ignorant to it that they can’t see it when it’s looking straight at them!

Two sets of rules
They don’t call their throws and they rarely call them for holding blocking jumping on,chopping players arms.
I wonder if there is any correlation between rarely getting called for holding, blocking, jumping on, chopping players arms and not holding, blocking, jumping on, chopping players arms :think:

I wonder if there is any correlation between rarely getting called for holding, blocking, jumping on, chopping players arms and not holding, blocking, jumping on, chopping players arms :think:
BC119F20-2D70-4F87-A6F9-24122C90D8BB.jpeg
There would be but not for the teams that seem to get all of the umpire love.

Weightman was even mixing his blocks and dives together to try and get two advantages. He just ran into Walker not contesting and flopped to the ground. Easy mark for JJ and no fine or free against him.

Last edited:
The free kick dogs review of the game is up on YouTube.
It’s a shit house production boringly long and missed a lot more discrepancies but he’s on the same page as most.
And unlike dogs fans if we get their rub of the green this weekend I will be the first to acknowledge it.

Not sure what English is doing here - umps didn't pay a ruck infringement though so I guess it's OK.

I would have thought at a throw-in you'd have to at least be pretending to look at the ball?

1662610051078.png 1662609990875.png

Amazing effort by the dockers last night. How Bulldogs fans can claim there to be no bias towards them with a straight face is astounding
Premiers yet again on the free kick differential ladder. Officially a dynasty.
Pretty bad when the only reason anyone fears playing you is the umpires.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad you asked. 17.4.1, 17.3.4

Feel free to learn the rules in the offseason.
Do you mean 18.4.1 and 18.4.3? I'll repeat, clutching at straws. Law 17 relates to kicking the ball in after a behind, but you obviously know that because you've already learnt the rules.

You've provided 2 cropped screenshots which show nothing other than a contest where both ruckmen are making contact with each other, and neither appear to be holding. I could argue Lobb is breaking 18.4.3.c (blocking) due to his arm in English's chest, but I wont because that would also be clutching at straws.

Unless you have a better explanation, because English is looking in Lobb's direction? (again, not a rule)

Do you mean 18.4.1 and 18.4.3? I'll repeat, clutching at straws. Law 17 relates to kicking the ball in after a behind, but you obviously know that because you've already learnt the rules.

You've provided 2 cropped screenshots which show nothing other than a contest where both ruckmen are making contact with each other, and neither appear to be holding. I could argue Lobb is breaking 18.4.3.c (blocking) due to his arm in English's chest, but I wont because that would also be clutching at straws.

Unless you have a better explanation, because English is looking in Lobb's direction? (again, not a rule)
Yes, my apologies. 18.4.1 and 18.4.3

Glad I could help.

We going to mention the Hannan non trip (which would have been a certain goal) or ignore it because it doesn't fit the narrative?
Jones manhandled in the goalsquare trying to spoil when Richmond were piling them on in the 2nd another that went unnoticed

You Doggies blokes are kidding. Tigers couldn't get a free kick in a karate class.

Umpiring standards just so inconsistent. Umpiring in the Swans v Port game tonight is as poor as anything I've seen for years.........

Literally decided a game for them

Pathetic mindset. You played 15 minutes of footy. Destroyed in the inside 50s & clearances by english, bont, libba.

What about the Hannan non free in the goalsquare half way thru the 3rd? How does a bloke get his leg held onto for so long without a free?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back