Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell me mooooore!
Hits moving targets so they do not have to break stride or change direction. Not with bullets they can't hold onto either, weights his passes. Kicks with either foot and will put it to the advantage of the forward if they are not in clear space.

Can't teach that s**t, it is instinctive.

Kid also gets his own footy and breaks from the stoppage. Get him an AFL level tank and he could be anything.

#stealofthedraft

Not many in the game that had Ryan's vision and disposal

Ask any of our previous forwards who they wanted to deliver into I50 …… was pretty resounding … Hoops was much maligned and unfortunately in an era where he could not excel. :(

The reality is they cant keep their mits out of anything. They think they are some sort of public benefit.
The decent thing would be to accept a rebuild is long and difficult with twists amd turns and let it happen. Perhaps even show some support. The herald sun thing (media in general) is to try and create a problem that doesn't exist because it serves their own purpose of wanting dramas to gloat over. These scum dont report the news they try to create it.

Theres a lot of talk lately around freedom of speech but perhaps it would be wise to include the consequence of speech as the balance. It surely applies to the press as much as all the rest of us.

I think all the major A8 papers have become The Truth without the page 3 girl and the smut . Although one could say what they write is intellectual smut .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is totally the wrong thread for this, but what we have lacked disastrously over the past few years is basic skills under no pressure by hand and foot...leading to turnovers and easy goals.
Stocker reminds me of a young Simon Black the way he can find space out of a stoppage, and hit his target. Will be a weapon.
The return of Willo and Doc will help the situation massively, both excellent users of the ball off half back....and by all early signs, so will Sam Walsh in the mid.
A long shot, but a Coniglio would be the icing on the cake.

This is totally the wrong thread for this, but what we have lacked disastrously over the past few years is basic skills under no pressure by hand and foot...leading to turnovers and easy goals.
Stocker reminds me of a young Simon Black the way he can find space out of a stoppage, and hit his target. Will be a weapon.
The return of Willo and Doc will help the situation massively, both excellent users of the ball off half back....and by all early signs, so will Sam Walsh in the mid.
A lot longer than that, but yes absolutely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That seems a misconception in regards to pure ball players and finishers

There are plenty of players who come and go in the game with sublime skills, but lacking in physical attributes, perceived 'heart' etc. Doesn't mean they didn't have a worthy career.

A lot longer than that, but yes absolutely.
And another reason why I'd love SOS and co to draft Sam Fisher....plays a similar style to Stocker but on the left foot.
If anyone underestimates the value of having both left and right footers out of stoppages, just look at the Dawks in their premiership years....

Yeah hitting targets , executing basic skills , yes even under pressure . Knowing when . It will come I’m sure . Go The Navy Blues .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Houlihan's "softness" was incredibly overstated, and a prime example of people focusing on what a player can't do too much.

Good tank, beautifully balanced player with sublime skills and good durability. He was a very good player and would have been a great player in a better side.
They are all called soft when no-one can get near them. Its laughable. They called Braddles soft for ages.

We didn’t have too many wins in the draft in the 90’s, so to find a 200 game player in the 70’s, is not to be sneezed at.

:thumbsu:

I went back to Smurphs draft year … and saw who we took at 4 …. still makes me cry ….

Houlihan's "softness" was incredibly overstated, and a prime example of people focusing on what a player can't do too much.

Good tank, beautifully balanced player with sublime skills and good durability. He was a very good player and would have been a great player in a better side.
rarely see footskills like his, both sides - pinpoint, perfectly weighted, dropped footballs onto fat fev's fat chest like butterflys landing on a dandelion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back