The Derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Their midfield is bog ordinary, it relies heavily on Nic Nat. They lose when he loses (Sandi and Goldy spanked him). Without him they will get destroyed in the midfield.

Fyfe, Mundy, Neale, Barlow, Hill
V
Priddis, Yeo, Shuey, Gaff, Masten
NN broke even with Goldy in that game, was certainly better over the first three quarters. Our team just didn't really capitalise when we were on top.

But we do struggle when he isn't there or doesn't win his position. Which thankfully is pretty rare, but looks costly right now.

Priddis, Yeo, Shuey, Gaff, Masten, Sheed have all improved a decent amount this year as well. I think they will be more competitive than round 3, but it may not be enough for us to win.

NN broke even with Goldy in that game, was certainly better over the first three quarters. Our team just didn't really capitalise when we were on top.

But we do struggle when he isn't there or doesn't win his position. Which thankfully is pretty rare, but looks costly right now.

Priddis, Yeo, Shuey, Gaff, Masten, Sheed have all improved a decent amount this year as well. I think they will be more competitive than round 3, but it may not be enough for us to win.
Definitely improved. It's basically the same team as last year which is crazy. The difference is Nic finally got a preseason.

To me it seems your midfield is always set up as though Nic Nat winning the tap is a given. This works out well against the majority of the league but not so much against other teams with good ruckmen.

Their midfield is bog ordinary, it relies heavily on Nic Nat. They lose when he loses (Sandi and Goldy spanked him). Without him they will get destroyed in the midfield.

Fyfe, Mundy, Neale, Barlow, Hill
V
Priddis, Yeo, Shuey, Gaff, Masten
Fyfe> Yeo
Priddis> Mundy
Shuey>Neale
Barlow> Masten
Gaff> Hill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe> Yeo
Priddis> Mundy
Shuey>Neale
Barlow> Masten
Gaff> Hill

Geez, even the fans are on crack.

Gaff better than Hill. Bwahaha. You've got to be kidding. Shuey better than Neale?? Are you talking about 21 yr old two time Ross Glendenning medalist Lachie Neale? The guy that has towelled up your midfield on multiple occasions. When has 25yr old Shuey ever dominated in a derby or just another teams midfield?

And I'd take Mundy over Priddis any day of the week. Personal perference, not hard to find an extractor with zero foot skills like Priddis. We have De Boer for that and he's our 7th string midfielder.

Last edited:
Very thing says freo

I think freo will win this game but a surprise upset wouldn't shock me

There's been a lot of upsets this year ......how could west coast win .....if they shut down Fyfe and Neil or limit them.

These two are the two that destroy us most

We pushed Hawks close .....i suspect we will do same v freo and freo get the points by three goals

Massive shame that this game won't be on FTA outside WA, hopefully next year the AFL will come to their senses & have one of these derbies on Friday night...
Why would the AFL put this game on Friday night, instead of the Sydney v Collingwood blockbuster? :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back