The Derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would the AFL put this game on Friday night, instead of the Sydney v Collingwood blockbuster? :$

Friday night games at Subi are not good for the AFL, due to their start time.

A Friday night game at Subi is programmed to start at around 6 pm to beam it to the eastern states, a big bugger for the spectators at the game.

Geez, even the fans are on crack.

Gaff better than Hill. Bwahaha. You've got to be kidding. Shuey better than Neale?? Are you talking about 21 yr old two time Ross Glendenning medalist Lachie Neale? The guy that has towelled up your midfield on multiply occasions. When has 25yr old Shuey ever dominated in a derby or just another teams midfield?

And I'd take Mundy over Priddis any day of the week. Personal perference, not hard to find an extractor with zero foot skills like Priddis. We have De Boer for that and he's our 7th string midfielder.

Gaff 2nd for disposals,1st for uncontested pos, 4th for i50, is a lock for AA and is 4th in the coaches votes = clearly better than Hill

Priddis - 1st for disposals, 1st for tackles, 4th for goal assists, 3rd contested pos, 2nd for clearances, equal 5th with Mundy in the coaches votes, reigning Brownlow medallist and will likely finish runner up this year and is in most peoples AA teams. = clearly better than Mundy

Shuey and Neale are quite close Shuey has more clearances and goals and Neale has more disposals this suggests Shuey is more damaging while also being tagged every week while Neale is left to run free. Shuey better for me

Friday night games at Subi are not good for the AFL, due to their start time.

A Friday night game at Subi is programmed to start at around 6 pm to beam it to the eastern states, a big bugger for the spectators at the game.
And besides - every Friday night game since Australia last won the Ashes in England has featured at least 1 Victorian team..........

Gaff 2nd for disposals,1st for uncontested pos, 4th for i50, is a lock for AA and is 4th in the coaches votes = clearly better than Hill

Priddis - 1st for disposals, 1st for tackles, 4th for goal assists, 3rd contested pos, 2nd for clearances, equal 5th with Mundy in the coaches votes, reigning Brownlow medallist and will likely finish runner up this year and is in most peoples AA teams. = clearly better than Mundy

Shuey and Neale are quite close Shuey has more clearances and goals and Neale has more disposals this suggests Shuey is more damaging while also being tagged every week while Neale is left to run free. Shuey better for me
When was the last time an Eagles played did anything of note against a Freo player. The heat turns up and your midfield melts like butter.

Did you not see what your three princes did in Rnd 3. It was hilarious, they got towelled up by a 20 year old Lachie Neale, last year Stephen Hill did the same.

Last edited:

Absolutely cringe-worthy stuff. Priddis is a plodder who wouldn't make it into most teams in the comp.

Can't believe we are even debating who will win

Brown (knee) season
Cavka (ankle) season
Duggan (knee) season
Mackenzie (knee) season
Tunbridge (shoulder) season
Waterman (ill) ongoing
McInnes (hamstring) 8-10 weeks
McGovern (hamstring) 2-3 weeks
Ellis (foot) test
Sinclair (knee) test
Lecras (suspension)
Nic Nat (absent)

Gaff better than Hill. Bwahaha. You've got to be kidding. Shuey better than Neale?? Are you talking about 21 yr old two time Ross Glendenning medalist Lachie Neale? The guy that has towelled up your midfield on multiple occasions. When has 25yr old Shuey ever dominated in a derby or just another teams midfield?
IIRC Shuey was BOG in our most recent derby win, or perhaps the one before that. Dominated in both regardless. Got robbed by Big Dean for the Rosco but got three Brownlow votes.

Even Matty Rosa has a Rosco anyway, they can't be that valuable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill not even in the conversation for the AA wing spots

Hill is having his best and most consistent season yet. There are not many outside midfielders with Hill's capacity to break the lines, lightening quick run and carry, consistently high quality disposal and deadly kicking accuracy. He's turned numerous games off his own boot and with Johnson, is Fremantle's key link between defense and attack. Not sure who could reasonably argue that Hill is not up there with the best outside players in the game at the moment.

It's not like we have anyone that would take votes away from him.....

You have Priddis.

I hate to get involved in these petty Freo/WC debates but do you realize what you are saying?

You are basically saying that Priddis and Gaff have single handily carried WC to a top 2 spot so far...

Amazing effort by them. Must be excellent players.

I hate to get involved in these petty Freo/WC debates but do you realize what you are saying?

You are basically saying that Priddis and Gaff have single handily carried WC to a top 2 spot so far...

Amazing effort by them. Must be excellent players.

No, i'm saying your midfielders don't have a lot of competition amongst themselves.

IIRC Shuey was BOG in our most recent derby win, or perhaps the one before that. Dominated in both regardless. Got robbed by Big Dean for the Rosco but got three Brownlow votes.

Even Matty Rosa has a Rosco anyway, they can't be that valuable.

Bwahaha so Shuey was able to dominate when Neale was 12 yrs old. God you're too funny.

No, i'm saying your midfielders don't have a lot of competition amongst themselves.

You said Priddis is the only WC player to steal votes off Gaff which is why he has more votes than Hill. A 2 player midfield doesn't carry a team into top 2 so whether you choose to acknowledge the rest of the midfielders or not, they must be doing something right.

Freos midfield is far deeper and stronger than WC's at this stage, i don't think you will get many that would argue the other way but geez the offence taken over the Shuey>Neale comment is ridiculous.

Can you explain why he is in the top 5 for the aflca? Where's hill?
It's simple. Fyfe and Mundy are currently ranked 1st and 5th respectively on the AFLPA award. Much like the brownlow, they have stolen quite a few votes from Hill. (To illustrate my point, Fyfe was not playing last week and Hill received 9 votes). Gaff has had a great season, but I'm guessing there would be no independent football coach, scout, player or supporter (apart from Eagles fans) who would take Andrew Gaff before Stephen Hill.

Can't believe we are even debating who will win

Brown (knee) season
Cavka (ankle) season
Duggan (knee) season
Mackenzie (knee) season
Tunbridge (shoulder) season
Waterman (ill) ongoing
McInnes (hamstring) 8-10 weeks
McGovern (hamstring) 2-3 weeks
Ellis (foot) test
Sinclair (knee) test
Lecras (suspension)
Nic Nat (absent)

To be fair, Cavka or Waterman probably wouldn't get a game if fit.

Geez, even the fans are on crack.

Gaff better than Hill. Bwahaha. You've got to be kidding. Shuey better than Neale?? Are you talking about 21 yr old two time Ross Glendenning medalist Lachie Neale? The guy that has towelled up your midfield on multiple occasions. When has 25yr old Shuey ever dominated in a derby or just another teams midfield?

And I'd take Mundy over Priddis any day of the week. Personal perference, not hard to find an extractor with zero foot skills like Priddis. We have De Boer for that and he's our 7th string midfielder.
Gaff is more than likely going to be all australian this year, don't know if you could say the same about Hill?

Absolutely cringe-worthy stuff. Priddis is a plodder who wouldn't make it into most teams in the comp.

vs0hIHR.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back