• Martin, but we keep our first round pick and second round pick

Votes: 62 51.7%
  • Neither, spend money on our own list

Votes: 16 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Bread I'm pretty sure Seb Ross went 5 picks later. Gun.

A lot of people shitcanned McKenzie, but I didn't mind him.

He just wasn't quick enough.

Yeah, Goldstein feels expendable and of value but we'd be totally up s**t creek if Pruess went down. I think we'd have to trade for a depth ruckman if we moved on Goldy.
I assume we'd draft another project ruck. But we could always unleash maj in the ruck. Given our track record of developing rucks we should draft 3 and then trade them off for first rounders a few years later.

Right! Now that Kelly is in the bag we need to move onto Dusty.

We need the best mid field in the comp if we are to threaten for a flag short term (2-4 years) - Dusty and Kelly will give us that.

We need to blow Richmond out of the water as Dusty is only a 'restricted' free agent - we can't risk Richmond matching our offer.

Hence it needs to $7m over 6 years with $2m up front with $5m X 5 years to follow.

That should be enough to get this deal done.

Stark reminder yesterday of how poor our midfield is if we don't win the contested ball.

Martin and Kelly will go a long way in addressing that.

It's stood out like dog's knackers for so long that we're capable of tearing sides apart when we dominate centre clearances, particularly at Etihad, and we're equally as vulnerable when things are going the other way.

It's clear as day why we'd throw the virtual kitchen sink at Kelly and Martin.

It's stood out like dog's knackers for so long that we're capable of tearing sides apart when we dominate centre clearances, particularly at Etihad, and we're equally as vulnerable when things are going the other way.

It's clear as day why we'd throw the virtual kitchen sink at Kelly and Martin.
I hate rain on the parade here but it don't much help if you don't have someone to kick too, or who can crash a pack and bring the ball to ground...

I hate rain on the parade here but it don't much help if you don't have someone to kick too, or who can crash a pack and bring the ball to ground...

But we usually do, and are hence known as having an efficient forward line. Yesterday we were lacking there though, no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure everyone in here knows that the structure we went in with was a Barry Crocker. The point still stands, the mids were beyond bad...

St Kilda's first rounder courtesy of the Hawks could be the bargaining chip we need.

As it stands right now they have 5 & 12 and we have 3. GWS have said they want picks.

The Saints might swap 12 to us for Goldy and we on trade 3 & 12 to GWS for JK.
I want a 2018 2nd rounder thrown in if we are handing over them picks...

The Saints might swap 12 to us for Goldy and we on trade 3 & 12 to GWS for JK.

Lose Goldy, lose pick 3 and then lose pick 12.

That is a * *, not a trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah maybe, and that could help with the points we need in 2018 too, but it's going to cost us two first rounders no matter what.
In fact, GWS 2nd rounder would probably be a pick in the 40's, its more likely we'd be wanting to swap pick 12 with their pick 18 in that scenario along with pick 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back