Food & Drink The drinking thread

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Ahh the drinking thread. Speaking of which.

Cheers
e913859895eb6d5a723d30e897292b2e.gif

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
:cool:Here's a random thought, a bit out of place in the drinking thread.
Had two sessions at PJ Gallaghers in the last couple days and learned a valuable lesson. I like Guiness but that ******* 5th pint is pure evil.
4 pints and you leave with a cheery goodbye from the barstaff to make your way home competently with a pleasant glow.
The next pint causes stupid arguments, spilling of drinks trying to get through the door to the beergarden, surly relieved looks from the barstaff as you leave, and going to the wrong Bus Stop so you take forever to get home.

Just saying.

May 24, 2014
Canberra Region
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Ricciardo#3, Sydney Thunder
Had two sessions at PJ Gallaghers in the last couple days and learned a valuable lesson. I like Guiness but that ******* 5th pint is pure evil.
4 pints and you leave with a cheery goodbye from the barstaff to make your way home competently with a pleasant glow.
The next pint causes stupid arguments, spilling of drinks trying to get through the door to the beergarden, surly relieved looks from the barstaff as you leave, and going to the wrong Bus Stop so you take forever to get home.

Just saying.
Might have to test this out :p

Snookers

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
GWS

Just saying.
Cooper's Stout...Yes please.

Had a birthday beerfest over the weekend.

Thursday dinner at the Winston Hills Hotel.
Friday lunch at the Hayberry in Crow's Nest.
Saturday opened a bottle of W00tstout that I'd stashed away for a while now.
Sunday went on a Dave's Brewing Tour from the K&B Hotel to Batch Brewing, Willie the Boatman, and Rocks Brewing.

Good weekend. :)

We've been having a dad and daughters day with Mum overseas for work - five stars for playgrounds, Gelato Franco and finishing up with stops at Grifter Brewing and Wildflower Brewing. Tried the former and no complaints at all - really nice beers.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
We've been having a dad and daughters day with Mum overseas for work - five stars for playgrounds, Gelato Franco and finishing up with stops at Grifter Brewing and Wildflower Brewing. Tried the former and no complaints at all - really nice beers.

Sounds great.
Mum's overseas. Take young daughter to a brewery.
Yep. Can't see anything wrong with that. I'm sure neither will mum. Nope. Nothing wrong at all. What could pissibly go wrong with taking a 4/5/6 year old grogging on. :huh:
;)

:D

Mum hopped on FaceTime with her this afternoon.

"Where did you go today?"

"...We bought bottles for Daddy."

Nasty little snitch. Skipped over the hours at the playground and icecream as well.

I wonder how Snookers is going with Pirate Life selling out. :D

Having said that Midway Cellars in Ryde had a big birthday bash including tastings, and it tasted like business as usual for Pirate Life.

Anyone found any bars in the Parramatta area with a good craft beer selection? One of these days I need to find a pub that I can start at before catching the bus to the game.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

Having said that Midway Cellars in Ryde had a big birthday bash including tastings, and it tasted like business as usual for Pirate Life.

Anyone found any bars in the Parramatta area with a good craft beer selection? One of these days I need to find a pub that I can start at before catching the bus to the game.
He has been quiet. Maybe in mourning?

Isnt there a bavarian beer cafe out in Parra?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Snookers

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
GWS

Yeah, definitely not happy about it. Haven't bought a can since the announcement. And no luck with a dedicated craft beer boozer in Parra either. Not for good craft, anyway. You can probably get 150 Lashes and/or Yak, but that's about it.

Back