No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hirds dad just got a gig at the Hun saying they were framed, AFL hate us, poor us.

They need to STFU and accept everyone thinks they are filth drug cheats.

Everyone is sick to death of this. It's going to get brought up again the first time any player get a unusual disease, or the more unpalatable option that drove Ryder out, a sick child.

It's never going to end but surely we don't have listen to the whines of these petulant pricks all season
A parent always want to believe the best of their child/children, but when that child does the wrong thing, you need them to face the consequences for their actions, not try & direct the focus somewhere else. No doubt it is this type of attitude that has made Hird the person he is.

Thonpson's loose but not stupid. What would be his motive?

Thompson and Little strike me as two who want to move on. Hird is indisposed, leaves DC.

I don't think the proximity of a phone is enough evidence to nail Thompson.

Corcoran has always struck me as someone prepared to take actions outside the law. Looks like his MO......... IMO....
Technically, no, but in all honesty, if you're sitting around with a bunch of people having a chat, do you put your phone down at one end of the table and go and sit at the other end? 99% of the time people will put their phones down on the table in front of themselves.
If your voice was the strongest on the tape and you thought everyone would pin it on you, wouldn't you be the first one to come out and say 'a journalist approached me and said they had a tape and would I mind if it was released'.
Lesson number two in misdirection.

Then there's the printed version of the transcript where Bomber says something along the lines of 'they don't know everything or they'd have nailed the players already', which doesn't appear in the audio released, but his seemingly over-the-top exaggeration of a line 'we need to find out exactly what happened', followed by a fist on the table. Also seemed to have the least to say (didn't want to incriminate himself further?).

Pretty sure Bomber has already come out and said he had a call from reporter to say they had a tape and would he have an issue with it being released...

It wasn't the president nor Bomber, so that leaves 2 people...!

I dare say they are a few more taped conversations that will not see the light of day as all parties taped have to agree on it being released...
I don't think that single-handedly absolves Bomber of anything.

As for how the surveillance act works in Victoria, I'm going to need a refresher as I think it's a bit different here in Victoria.

I think I speak for all of us when when I ask, what model of phone was it?

(and how dare Nokia re-release a 3310 that won't work on our 4G networks. :oops:)
The tragedy is it's a 2G-only phone. They might as well be selling refurbished 3310s...

Hirds dad just got a gig at the Hun saying they were framed, AFL hate us, poor us.

They need to STFU and accept everyone thinks they are filth drug cheats.

Everyone is sick to death of this. It's going to get brought up again the first time any player get a unusual disease, or the more unpalatable option that drove Ryder out, a sick child.

It's never going to end but surely we don't have listen to the whines of these petulant pricks all season

Wow. Just wow .... What a pile of s**t Hird snr's article is.

Citing the paper he is being paid to write in as a source of truth is quite special.

There is also the possiblity that recording the meeting is a standard thing, and wasnt done on the sly.
Though that does lead that there is probably a cache of these things - and who knows what else - secreted away.

Thonpson's loose but not stupid. What would be his motive?

Thompson and Little strike me as two who want to move on. Hird is indisposed, leaves DC.

I don't think the proximity of a phone is enough evidence to nail Thompson.

Corcoran has always struck me as someone prepared to take actions outside the law. Looks like his MO......... IMO....

If there's one thing about Caro in this whole saga it's impossible to point where she's got anything wrong, I'm going with her thoughts on this as I'm sure she'd have more info to build the case it was bomber than his voice being the loudest.

In case anyone missed the caro article ...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-20170224-gukxno.html

The varying degrees of delusion in that bunker occupied by Paul Little, James Hird, Mark Thompson and Danny Corcoran can be summed up by concluding that all were in desperate positions but none – at least in the recording – showed contrition for the damage they had caused and were continuing to create.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Hal Hunter and his partner would welcome an enquiry..........

But not for the reasons Alan Hird would.

He'd just like to know what he was injected with.

And still they can't tell him.

But somehow it's all the AFL's fault?

FMD!!!

Technically, no, but in all honesty, if you're sitting around with a bunch of people having a chat, do you put your phone down at one end of the table and go and sit at the other end? 99% of the time people will put their phones down on the table in front of themselves.
If your voice was the strongest on the tape and you thought everyone would pin it on you, wouldn't you be the first one to come out and say 'a journalist approached me and said they had a tape and would I mind if it was released'.
Lesson number two in misdirection.

Then there's the printed version of the transcript where Bomber says something along the lines of 'they don't know everything or they'd have nailed the players already', which doesn't appear in the audio released, but his seemingly over-the-top exaggeration of a line 'we need to find out exactly what happened', followed by a fist on the table. Also seemed to have the least to say (didn't want to incriminate himself further?).
Dumb Question - but is it likely Bomber was doing something similar at Geelong?

Of course he was, just like tird was using banned substances when receiving so-called "dietary" advise from Charter

* are the universal epicentre of cheating and these two took it to a new level with banned substances

Fair chance. Bomber, Dean Robinson, Dank were all there. Not sure the AFL wants to open that can of worms though.

Pretty sure that is correct - I think you'll find that during the 2000's right up until Essendon were caught illegally drug doping, that there was a group of clubs that were significantly "bigger & stronger" than other clubs. ;)

Essendon may well have been the scapegoat and sacrificial lamb, much like we were in 2002 when we were made examples of for salary cap indiscretions (every other club was doing it).

where would a disillusioned afl fan go? we only have one sport that we truly love in winter - we only have one top level version of it - what are we gonna do - follow soccer? baseball? the afl know we will hang on in the desperate hope we will still recognize our glorious game despite what they have done to it - consequently attendance numbers mean nothing, they will always be strong

Thy you are forgetting the European Women's Nude Road bowls League.
Bloody massive it is!

Senate Estimates Committee clears Ben McDevitt over false evidence claim

Outgoing ASADA chief Ben McDevitt has been cleared by a parliamentary committee of lying, an accusation levelled at him by the father of former Essendon coach James Hird.

And on the topic of a potential senate enquiry...
"One plain fact I would make is the obvious point that a Senate inquiry cannot have the effect of setting aside the rulings of either the finding of lawfulness of ASADA's actions by the full bench of the Federal Court, nor of the findings of doping violations against Essendon players by the Court of Arbitration for Sport," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back