The Fanatics

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
They're an embarrassment and I hate seeing them when I watch tennis matches on TV and or even when I attend the tennis live at Melbourne Park.

The sooner they disappear into obscurity the better for everyone. They make overseas viewers think that most Australians in general are a pack of illiterate bogans.

foxtrot36

Team Captain
Sep 20, 2010
echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
They're an embarrassment and I hate seeing them when I watch tennis matches on TV and or even when I attend the tennis live at Melbourne Park.

The sooner they disappear into obscurity the better for everyone. They make overseas viewers think that most Australians in general are a pack of illiterate bogans.
They are disappearing
About 10 at tomics match

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
I don't think it's the same people at each tournament, just random annoying Aussies who happen to be in a particular place at the same time as a sporting event.

Nup there is definitely a core bunch of the numpties.

1421829362424.jpg

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Haven't seen the guy with the sailor's hat (photo above) this year, always assumed he was the 'ringleader' of the Fanatics.
He's been there for the 5 days that I went to the AO so far. Still the ringleader as well.

I was in hisense on day 2 when groth played mannarino, then there were 2 aussie girls playing the following 2 matches, then Tomic to finish off.

The fanatics were very loud and supportive during the groth match, similar at the Tomic match. Did not make a sound during the 2 women's matches that had an Aussie girl in each of them.

He's been there for the 5 days that I went to the AO so far. Still the ringleader as well.

I was in hisense on day 2 when groth played mannarino, then there were 2 aussie girls playing the following 2 matches, then Tomic to finish off.

The fanatics were very loud and supportive during the groth match, similar at the Tomic match. Did not make a sound during the 2 women's matches that had an Aussie girl in each of them.

Another thing I find annoying about the fanatics is that they take up a few rows of seating in Hisense, and the rest of us miss out on watching any match on that court. The fanatics end up staying on Hisense all day and night.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Definitely seems like ch7/organisers have culled the practice of putting aside seats in RLA this year.
Hisense on the other hand they are well accommodated for and given free reign

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There was a bunch of them on court 2 on the first day when I was there. Not sure whether they were officially part of the fanatics but definitely similar and with crap outfits and chants. Came up with "forty love, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more"

There was a bunch of them on court 2 on the first day when I was there. Not sure whether they were officially part of the fanatics but definitely similar and with crap outfits and chants. Came up with "forty love, baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more"

that's so lame

Ross Titute

Senior List
Jan 2, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
It's weird, but they're never at any other tour events.

They're the AFL equivalent of a supporter who just rocks up to the big games, and the finals.

They won't have a clue who the players are or what they are like, but hey! They're the fanatics! They're big great Australian supporters!

Back