Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep going flat earthers your time is coming...

The above article was published in the UK and India...

The below article was published in the Sydney Herald....hmmm notice the difference.

Keep going flat earthers your time is coming...

The above article was published in the UK and India...

The below article was published in the Sydney Herald....hmmm notice the difference.

"However, his theory is definitely showing vulnerability," Ghez said, adding that "It cannot fully explain gravity inside a black hole, and at some point, we will need to move beyond Einstein’s theory to a more comprehensive theory of gravity that explains what a black hole is".

Thats it folks, throw ALL SCIENCE out the window! Our currently knowledge cant explain something which is significantly far away!

"However, his theory is definitely showing vulnerability," Ghez said, adding that "It cannot fully explain gravity inside a black hole, and at some point, we will need to move beyond Einstein’s theory to a more comprehensive theory of gravity that explains what a black hole is".

Thats it folks, throw ALL SCIENCE out the window! Our currently knowledge cant explain something which is significantly far away!
You do understand the difference between Newtonian and Einsteinian Beng....?

Your comment makes me believe you don't.....your comment only applies to Einstein which "for now" holds up.

You're right in one way, they can't prove Einstein wrong because his nonsense doesn't reflect reality.

You do understand the difference between Newtonian and Einsteinian Beng....?

Your comment makes me believe you don't.....your comment only applies to Einstein which "for now" holds up.

You're right in one way, they can't prove Einstein wrong because his nonsense doesn't reflect reality.

His theory doesnt take into account the extreme reality inside a black hole.

Want to know why? BECAUSE WE HAVNT BEEN INSIDE A BLACK HOLE. For all we know its a collapsing of Space Time that, for that very reason, destroys all normal laws that we have discovered, or at least theorized in a way to explain our universe.

And thats how it works: We OBSERVE, we THEORIZE, we FIND THINGS THAT CHALLENGE THAT THEORY. Black Holes are one very big enigma, of course they are going to have some weird effects on our pre-established laws of physics.

I quoted a part of the article because it clearly shows your article headline is click bait. It doesnt say Newtons laws are WRONG, it says its showing vulnerability when its applied to Black Holes and what we know about them.

Stop being dense.

His theory doesnt take into account the extreme reality inside a black hole.

Want to know why? BECAUSE WE HAVNT BEEN INSIDE A BLACK HOLE. For all we know its a collapsing of Space Time that, for that very reason, destroys all normal laws that we have discovered, or at least theorized in a way to explain our universe.

And thats how it works: We OBSERVE, we THEORIZE, we FIND THINGS THAT CHALLENGE THAT THEORY. Black Holes are one very big enigma, of course they are going to have some weird effects on our pre-established laws of physics.

I quoted a part of the article because it clearly shows your article headline is click bait. It doesnt say Newtons laws are WRONG, it says its showing vulnerability when its applied to Black Holes and what we know about them.

Stop being dense.
you do know the difference between Newton and Albert right?

What you are saying only applies to Albert.

"I quoted a part of the article because it clearly shows your article headline is click bait. It doesnt say Newtons laws are WRONG, it says its showing vulnerability when its applied to Black Holes and what we know about them." -Beng 2019

From the article above:

"more than 100 years after the path-breaking discovery, scientists announced that the theory was outrightly wrong and, therefore".........(Newton)

"Talking about the new findings, Andrea Ghez from University of California said, "Einstein is right, at least for now. We can absolutely rule out Newton’s law of gravity. Our observations are consistent with Einstein’s theory of general relativity"

I only posted the different articles to show that Flat Earthers influence is creeping in....I told you Beng it's going to happen...not today not tomorrow but it's coming.

Last edited:
So you are also ignoring this bit:

On the other hand, Newton's law of universal gravitation states that every particle attracts every other particle in the universe with a force which is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between their centers.

The reason this cant apply to Black Holes is because we dont understand them. Newtons law works for everything but Black Holes because for all we know about them they dont HAVE particles, the actively destroy particles by crushing them into a gravitational oblivion.

You are trying to make it sounds like this destroys Newtons law EVERYWHERE when the article is focused on Black Holes.

EDIT: Yes, I see what you point out, they said Einsteins theory is showing vulnerability and its Newtons Law that is wrong IN BLACK HOLES. Not elsewhere that we have observed.

Hence why its a theory I guess?

So you are also ignoring this bit:

On the other hand, Newton's law of universal gravitation states that every particle attracts every other particle in the universe with a force which is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between their centers.

The reason this cant apply to Black Holes is because we dont understand them. Newtons law works for everything but Black Holes because for all we know about them they dont HAVE particles, the actively destroy particles by crushing them into a gravitational oblivion.

You are trying to make it sounds like this destroys Newtons law EVERYWHERE when the article is focused on Black Holes.

EDIT: Yes, I see what you point out, they said Einsteins theory is showing vulnerability and its Newtons Law that is wrong IN BLACK HOLES. Not elsewhere that we have observed.

Hence why its a theory I guess?
No Beng I wasn't saying that at all...but I did misunderstood what you were saying originally.

my original point is the influence of flat Earthers are having as seen by the 2 different articles....as I have said to you before not today....not tomorrow...but it's going to happen.

I think a lot people get lost in this.message of flat Earthers saying the Earth is flat..(which I don't agree with 100%)..the crux of it all though is the current model we accept of our reality is wrong....which I 100% agree with and why it's continuing to grow

Hence why its a theory I guess

Beng all jokes aside it's pure freaking nonsense it's not real...it's not natural it's super natural in some parts.

No Beng I wasn't saying that at all...but I did misunderstood what you were saying originally.

my original point is the influence of flat Earthers are having as seen by the 2 different articles....as I have said to you before not today....not tomorrow...but it's going to happen.

I think a lot people get lost in this.message of flat Earthers saying the Earth is flat..(which I don't agree with 100%)..the crux of it all though is the current model we accept of our reality is wrong....which I 100% agree with and why it's continuing to grow

depends what you define as wrong. If you mean we don't 100% understand and therefore it's wrong, then sure, we are wrong about almost everything. However, while much of what we know isn't 100% understood (in other words our understanding isn't complete) they are certainly sufficient for almost everything we use these for. Technology (built on our incomplete knowledge of how things work) then provides us tools to more accurately measure, or more closely observer, which then allows us to fine tune our observations and rules.

We know enough about gravity on earth for us to calculate in our heads how much effort it takes for us to throw a ball at someone. Does that mean we can go to the moon? no. But at some point we looked closer and thanks to people like Newton and Einstein we started to understand with enough detail to send rockets to the moon and beyond.

I think most reasonable people will say our knowledge is incomplete about things we know a lot about, but surely the same reasonable people won't say it's wrong? Do we throw the baby out with the bathwater? no. We refine our theories. Newton paved the way for those after him and so it goes on. Everyone will be proven "wrong" at some point as their observations can be more clearly measured and new parts of the equations become apparent allowing for more accuracy and helps explain closely linked phenomena. Science requires this, it isn't some flat earther influence, it's the very foundation of what science is about and has happened long before the flat earth movement was even a thing.

Are we coming back around to your "The Earth is the center of the solar system" theory again?
Truth is Beng I literally don't know ...and I am fine with that.

I am competent enough in the understanding of the current rhetoric to feel comfortable in totally rejecting it until they can prove their non sense which they never will because it is not reality and not natural.

depends what you define as wrong. If you mean we don't 100% understand and therefore it's wrong, then sure, we are wrong about almost everything. However, while much of what we know isn't 100% understood (in other words our understanding isn't complete) they are certainly sufficient for almost everything we use these for. Technology (built on our incomplete knowledge of how things work) then provides us tools to more accurately measure, or more closely observer, which then allows us to fine tune our observations and rules.

We know enough about gravity on earth for us to calculate in our heads how much effort it takes for us to throw a ball at someone. Does that mean we can go to the moon? no. But at some point we looked closer and thanks to people like Newton and Einstein we started to understand with enough detail to send rockets to the moon and beyond.

I think most reasonable people will say our knowledge is incomplete about things we know a lot about, but surely the same reasonable people won't say it's wrong? Do we throw the baby out with the bathwater? no. We refine our theories. Newton paved the way for those after him and so it goes on. Everyone will be proven "wrong" at some point as their observations can be more clearly measured and new parts of the equations become apparent allowing for more accuracy and helps explain closely linked phenomena. Science requires this, it isn't some flat earther influence, it's the very foundation of what science is about and has happened long before the flat earth movement was even a thing.
Look at the article and tell me there is no flat earth influence considering there a flat earth picture in it........(not influencing the scientific data I am talking about the article)

Maths is NOT reality....it doesn't prove anything.

The problem is YOU do have to throw the baby out with bath water if the baseline is horses+++ .....

You cannot build upon something that doesn't reflect the natural laws of science...otherwise your just piling s+++ upon s+++ to create a bigger piling steaming turd.

I can give many example where they have guessed, fudged, fitted a square peg into round hole and straight up made up horses+++ just to keep it fitting with current rhetoric.

I will keep coming back to Tesla because what he said is never more apt when talking about this.

" Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
-Tesla

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the article and tell me there is no flat earth influence considering there a flat earth picture in it........

Maths is NOT reality....it doesn't prove anything.

The problem is YOU do have to throw the baby out with bath water if the baseline is horses+++ .....

You cannot build upon something that doesn't reflect the natural laws of science...otherwise your just piling s+++ upon s+++ to create a bigger piling steaming turd.

I can give many example where they have guessed, fudged, fitted a square peg into round hole and straight up made up horses+++ just to keep it fitting with current rhetoric.

I will keep coming back to Tesla because what he said is never more apt when talking about this.

" Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
-Tesla

I'm trying very hard to take you seriously here. So i will actually respond instead of wondering whether we are having the same conversation.

Firstly, wtf does a picture in an article have to do with proof that this was influenced by flat earthers, science is about questioning everything in order to come up with better explanations for the world around it.

Secondly, if you think math is WRONG, then how exactly was the computer/phone you are typing your responses on built exactly? a random guess by hardware engineers when they put a bunch of elements together in a room and prayed? Saying Math is wrong is akin to saying language is wrong, it can't actually be wrong, it's a method of communicating not some gospel rule. We use this communication method to define certain things and then with those definitions we create equations and algorithms that explain the nature of things around us. Algorithms are always being refined to be more accurate and to produce predictable outcomes, once a predictable outcome is obtained then it's accurate enough for use. If you try to use that algorithm for something else and it's accuracy is not good enough for the predictable outcome, then it needs to be refined.

Thirdly and most importantly. We are humans. As such, we have an ability to bend our view of reality to suit our own needs. Science is not immune to this, and as such there are times where scientists have in fact fudged results or gone up the wrong path based on their want for something to be right, but only in an extreme mind does this mean ALL science is now automatically wrong. When enough people observe and test each others theories and find them to be fit for purpose, then the observation is useful enough for use in the real world. Theoretical Physics is just that, theoretical. Much of it will be proven wrong in time and that's fine but even the wrong theories have a place and play an important part in the process.

If you think you don't fall into my third point then you would be the only person on this planet. I suggest pulling your finger our of your a** and step down from your high horse and perhaps looking into the mirror. if you don't know, then you can't tell others they are wrong. for all we know, science is right, or we could all be just a simulation in a supercomputer somewhere.

Lastly, i'm not going to pretend to understand everything that every scientist is on about, but just because i don't understand it, doesn't make it wrong. An open mind can take you a long way.

I'm trying very hard to take you seriously here. So i will actually respond instead of wondering whether we are having the same conversation.

Firstly, wtf does a picture in an article have to do with proof that this was influenced by flat earthers, science is about questioning everything in order to come up with better explanations for the world around it.

Secondly, if you think math is WRONG, then how exactly was the computer/phone you are typing your responses on built exactly? a random guess by hardware engineers when they put a bunch of elements together in a room and prayed? Saying Math is wrong is akin to saying language is wrong, it can't actually be wrong, it's a method of communicating not some gospel rule. We use this communication method to define certain things and then with those definitions we create equations and algorithms that explain the nature of things around us. Algorithms are always being refined to be more accurate and to produce predictable outcomes, once a predictable outcome is obtained then it's accurate enough for use. If you try to use that algorithm for something else and it's accuracy is not good enough for the predictable outcome, then it needs to be refined.

Thirdly and most importantly. We are humans. As such, we have an ability to bend our view of reality to suit our own needs. Science is not immune to this, and as such there are times where scientists have in fact fudged results or gone up the wrong path based on their want for something to be right, but only in an extreme mind does this mean ALL science is now automatically wrong. When enough people observe and test each others theories and find them to be fit for purpose, then the observation is useful enough for use in the real world. Theoretical Physics is just that, theoretical. Much of it will be proven wrong in time and that's fine but even the wrong theories have a place and play an important part in the process.

If you think you don't fall into my third point then you would be the only person on this planet. I suggest pulling your finger our of your a** and step down from your high horse and perhaps looking into the mirror. if you don't know, then you can't tell others they are wrong. for all we know, science is right, or we could all be just a simulation in a supercomputer somewhere.

Lastly, i'm not going to pretend to understand everything that every scientist is on about, but just because i don't understand it, doesn't make it wrong. An open mind can take you a long way.
Wow....

Let's get one thing straight I am not saying FE influenced the science behind the article...JUST the article itself...it is obvious.

The fact you use computer and phone as an excuse to proving maths is reality/science...You ARE FLAT OUT WRONG just plain and simply WRONG with your assertion.... and need to learn and understand what science is....and what it studies.

NOT ALL SCIENCE IS WRONG FFS!! No-one and I mean no one is saying this... Theoretical science about you perceive as reality is Wrong if it disagrees with experiment....or it's a religion without proof and experiment and should be marketed as such. It's because of REAL science this debate is actually a thing.

Lastly YOU SHOULD try and understand what every scientist is trying to tell you if you want to understand the reality of the situation and form YOUR OWN Opinion otherwise you are no different to a religious person having faith in a priest.

Last edited:
Lastly YOU SHOULD try and understand what every scientist is trying to tell you if you want to understand the reality of the situation and form YOUR OWN Opinion otherwise you are no different to a religious person having faith in a priest.

At least we can agree on something, the rest is not worth getting into because if you understood what i was trying to communicate, then it would have been evident in your comments..... i guess the difference is that i don't automatically think i know better than people that have been studying a subject all their life. Yes read the science and look at the evidence and make your own conclusions, but we simply don't have enough time in a day to do this with absolutely everything, and therefore, i simply don't have an opinion on most things and i try to be informed on anything that i think i need to be on top of to make a better life for myself and others. You seem to think that everyone that has an opinion on this matter is simply following blind faith, unless they agree with you of course.

I have a computer science degree which should give you a clue as to my line of work, and let me tell you something, the people that are most wrong in my daily experiences at work are those with a little bit of knowledge, just enough to be dangerous in fact, i can deal with people that know nothing, they will trust me implicitly and while i might not get everything right i will certainly be closer to avoiding risks than they would have been. But those with a little knowledge and that think they know usually 'don't know what they don't know', and this obviously makes them very dangerous when making decisions. This last point is relevant because even with our best efforts to be informed, we have major gaps in our knowledge, so you won't get many absolutes from me, i am happy to give you an opinion based on what i think the balance of probability suggests is right (to my knowledge) but you are free to believe anything you would like. I read a lot of absolutist type rhetoric from flat earthers, and it's funny that you infer that science is followed like a religion, because the flat earth theory seems to really get a religious type following itself. I think you will find that most spherical earth believers aren't particularly hung up on it either way, and even if they were proven to be wrong, they wouldn't really care. It's simply not something most people are that invested in emotionally.

I don't know what inspired me to post at all in this thread, but it will be my last post. One tried to be balanced in their perspective but people tend to hear what they want to hear (which is usually what ever makes the other person wrong) and therefore it's a waste of time for all involved unless you get into it seriously, which will take a lot of time and effort for something i don't actually care that much about.

Peace out

I don't care what degree you have...equivocating computers maths and phones to the study of science maths reflecting reality, you are plain and simply wrong...I know you're wrong.

Last edited:
I don't care what degree you have...equivocating computers maths and phones to the study of science maths reflecting reality, you are plain and simply wrong...I know you're wrong.
just a quick one, i suggest you look up equivocating, i'm not sure it means what you think it means.... i think you were looking for equating.

just a quick one, i suggest you look up equivocating, i'm not sure it means what you think it means.... i think you were looking for equating.
I was actually trying to use equivalating but thanks.

Before I read back through the thread can we get a hands up on who thinks there is a big dome covering the earth?

Also can we confirm that because I can see the horizon it proves the Earth is flat because it "feels right"

Before I read back through the thread can we get a hands up on who thinks there is a big dome covering the earth?

Also can we confirm that because I can see the horizon it proves the Earth is flat because it "feels right"
Maiself of course.
Also you can direct any questions you may have to my fellow scientists darthbards cannot NEGAN and GG.exe
Most of the others here are ball lovers and trolls who attached themselves during the dark times this thread was moved to bay13.

Maiself of course.
Also you can direct any questions you may have to my fellow scientists darthbards cannot NEGAN and GG.exe
Most of the others here are ball lovers and trolls who attached themselves during the dark times this thread was moved to bay13.

To be fair NEGAN does believe in the ball, he believes we dont orbit the sun.

Back