Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it like the Matrix?
The official viewpoint of both the FES and FEIC is no.
My research regarding what is within and outside the firmament,while receiving some positive feedback,isn't supported by everyone inside the FES. It hasn't been dismissed though.
I have used Quantum Physics to reach some of my conclusions,if that's what you mean,and this has been discussed within this 290 page thread.

Respecting people is narrow minded?
Welcome to to world of a ball lover,summed up in a ball loving nutshell.

Last edited:
I will ignore the childish reference to balls and nuts.

I was referring the "as opposed" part of your statement. Christopher Hitchens would be rolling in his grave
Id I'll ignore the fact you've been referred to this thread,the FES webpage and the FEIC webpage but haven't appeared motivated by any of it.

I'm well versed by now in the ignorance of ball lovers,and how they need their information nicely packaged.

290 pages? Something is obviously cooking,whether the ball lovers like it or not.

The New Testament consists of 260 chapters, divided into 7,959 verses or roughly 184,600 words. This would give our typical bible 1,189 chapters. ... Using a standard font, the average bible has around 1,200 pages.

That doesn't make it any more credible

Well technically no as you move north or south of the equator you move slower. At the axis point of the 2 poles you supposed to be moving at half the speed of the hour hand on a clock. But this is neither here or there.

But using your truck, train plane example you're comparing the movement of on object moving in one linear motion to an object moving in 4 circular motions I have seen some you laugh at the thought of the flat Earthers saying the sun accelerates and de-accelerates but the heliocentric Earth does the exact same thing around the sun. You're comparing a closed system to a.....open/closed system lol....yes an open/closed system which is a contradiction in itself. But all this aside the biggest contradiction comes when have to fit in coriolis force which cannot happen if your truck plane car example is true.

4 circular motions - you mean rotation of the earth, orbit around the sun, orbit of our solar system around the galaxy etc? As I understand, it could be 10 motions for all that it matters, point being that the gravitational forces casuing the movement are acting on both you and the earth. We are moving a constant speed with the object in question, as you've mentioned previously. It actually is pretty much a closed system, at least as far as our bodies ability to feel/detect force is concerned.

Been awhile, but from memory coriolis effect supports globe theory rather than debunking it? ie. it occurs precisely because a point at equator is rotating faster than a point near the poles?

The New Testament consists of 260 chapters, divided into 7,959 verses or roughly 184,600 words. This would give our typical bible 1,189 chapters. ... Using a standard font, the average bible has around 1,200 pages.

Are you lost?
Take it to the bible thread!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 circular motions - you mean rotation of the earth, orbit around the sun, orbit of our solar system around the galaxy etc? As I understand, it could be 10 motions for all that it matters, point being that the gravitational forces casuing the movement are acting on both you and the earth. We are moving a constant speed with the object in question, as you've mentioned previously. It actually is pretty much a closed system, at least as far as our bodies ability to feel/detect force is concerned.

Been awhile, but from memory coriolis effect supports globe theory rather than debunking it? ie. it occurs precisely because a point at equator is rotating faster than a point near the poles?
Coriolis IS someone jumping up and the Earth Rotating under them.....this is the point and the contradiction. You need 2 reference frames which you can't have if your examples ring true.

It's an open closed system because it has to be to fit in with nonsense. It's open when it needs to fit in with rhetoric it's closed when needed to fit in with your examples.

The heliocentric Earth DOES NOT move at a constant speed ...

Last edited:
I think the FES needs to cast a more sceptical eye over this so called 'wind' and 'weather'.
At the FES all our findings are based purely on our scientific research,rather than emotion,and we are confident in the existance of wind and weather occurring under the firmament.

Coriolis IS someone jumping up and the Earth Rotating under them.....this is the point and the contradiction. You need 2 reference frames which you can't have if your examples ring true.

It's an open closed system because it has to be to fit in with nonsense. It's open when it needs to fit in with rhetoric it's closed when needed to fit in with your examples.

But they're jumping up and down one the one spot. Like I said its been awhile since I looked at this stuff, but I believe the 2 reference frames in this case relate to 2 spots on the globe which are rotating at slightly different speeds.

When does it need to be described as an open system?

No it doesn't, due to the elliptical orbit - thats why I said 'or close enough to' earlier. The change from fastest orbital speed to slowest (which isn't massive in the scheme of things) occurs over 6 months, its so gradual that we don't feel it.

Last edited:
But they're jumping up and down one the one spot. Like I said its been awhile since I looked at this stuff, but I believe the 2 reference frames in this case relate to 2 spots on the globe which are rotating at slightly different speeds.

No it doesn't, due to the elliptical orbit - thats why I said 'or close enough to' earlier. The change from fastest orbital speed to slowest (which isn't massive in the scheme of things) occurs over 6 months, its so gradual that we don't feel it.
Hi bourbons,I don't understand your goal in much of your postings on this thread?
You seem to be explaining spinning ball earth theory. At the FES,the majority of our members have studied spinning ball earth theory,and we don't buy it,to many holes,especially considering the enormous amounts of fundings.

It sounds a little like you are trying as much to convince yourself. I'm very sceptical that ball lovers will be able to convince our member to go back to the spinning ball earth theory,whether you agree with FET or not.

Hi bourbons,I don't understand your goal in much of your postings on this thread?
You seem to be explaining spinning ball earth theory. At the FES,the majority of our members have studied spinning ball earth theory,and we don't buy it,to many holes,especially considering the enormous amounts of fundings.

It sounds a little like you are trying as much to convince yourself. I'm very sceptical that ball lovers will be able to convince our member to go back to the spinning ball earth theory,whether you agree with FET or not.

Hi darth, just responding to posts from Negan - he asked me to explain why the earth doesn't rotate under us when we leave the ground.

Great now we can throw out foucaults pendulum and High priest Neil Degrass claiming a Feild goal punt win was caused by coriolis. Can't have both ways my man....
Added to this if the speed of the Earth was the second reference frame planes travelling north/south would be heading east to west and our bodies would need to adjust and feel the difference.

Why is the Earth an open system?

Because energy comes in and out, because matter can escape and come in

Is the Earth's speed constant ...yes or no?

Doesn't matter what they say about why or how we don't feel it....point being it isn't constant. (Off the top of my head faster when we are closer to the sun?) I think.....of course they are going to tell you can't feel it because it has to fit in with the rest of the narrative.

The Coriolis force is someone jumping up and landing in a different spot. Positions on different latitudes move at different speeds.

Example - if i fire a large battleship gun straight up - it will fall straight down and blow up the ship.
If I fire it over water or land (and these things can have a range of over 50 kms) - then I have to allow for coriolis force. This has been done in the military for well over 100 years.

You claimed credibility for 290 pages

290 pages? Something is obviously cooking,whether the ball lovers like it or not.
To which I replied....

So to answer your question

Are you lost?
Take it to the bible thread!
There's a bible thread?

The Coriolis force is someone jumping up and landing in a different spot. Positions on different latitudes move at different speeds.

Example - if i fire a large battleship gun straight up - it will fall straight down and blow up the ship.
If I fire it over water or land (and these things can have a range of over 50 kms) - then I have to allow for coriolis force. This has been done in the military for well over 100 years.
Yes I know....this is the point. You have coriolis in the heliocentric model.

Eg Foucault pendulum to prove Earth's rotation.

Last edited:
Back