The free kick that ended the saints season

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you mentally slow? So it is still possible for them to make it. Especially with Essendon slowing down to a walk. You are obviously mentally restricted.
Wow you are stupid.
Draw or loss, the saints would still have had to win 2 games more than the sides above them, I'm not saying this isn't possible, I'm saying the result is the same and the draw would not have helped

Wow you are stupid.
Draw or loss, the saints would still have had to win 2 games more than the sides above them, I'm not saying this isn't possible, I'm saying the result is the same and the draw would not have helped
How do you know it wouldnt help them? What if % came into it....
Boy you are stupid.

How do you know it wouldnt help them? What if % came into it....
Boy you are stupid.
That's my point percentage was unlikely to come into it as their percentage was already superior to the clubs closely above them. There's a chance it may have come into it but it's unlikely and in the big scheme of things a draw would have made little difference than losing

That's my point percentage was unlikely to come into it as their percentage was already superior to the clubs closely above them. There's a chance it may have come into it but it's unlikely and in the big scheme of things a draw would have made little difference than losing

The time has come to have a major clean out at the AFL. Perhaps certain umpires would fit in nicely in Turkestan. If reference not understood, check the boxing scandal at the Olympics. The clubs need to take a stand. Give an ultimatum to the Commision. "Clean up your act or we will fire you and install a more competent one."

120min of Footy. Infinite permutations of what might have been. One mistake does not decide the outcome of a game

Honest opinion.

Did it feel like a 24 free kick to 14 kind of contest to you?

Agree that Saints had to work hard to get back in the contest, but it doesn't excuse a blatant guess.

Honest opinion.

Agree that Saints had to work hard to get back in the contest, but it doesn't excuse a blatant guess.
Honestly, I didn't watch the game until the last quarter, and even then not closely as I was keeping one eye on the other game. I agree that in isolation the decision was a poor one, and if you notice who I support then you'll appreciate that I understand your pain. It's just so easy to blame the umpires. Rare is the post that acknowledges the poor decision making and basic skill error from the players that ultimately decide every contest over a full 120min.

Ouch, these threads pop up every week and meh, but that really was bad, Milne went out of his way not to chop the arms and didn't. Umpires going to feel the heat from that one.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, I didn't watch the game until the last quarter, and even then not closely as I was keeping one eye on the other game. I agree that in isolation the decision was a poor one, and if you notice who I support then you'll appreciate that I understand your pain. It's just so easy to blame the umpires. Rare is the post that acknowledges the poor decision making and basic skill error from the players that ultimately decide every contest over a full 120min.

I'm not blaming the decision, I just cannot believe an umpire can guess in that situation.

He must of wanted to impose himself on the game, I can see no other reason.

I'm not blaming the decision, I just cannot believe an umpire can guess in that situation.

Umpires see stuff happen once. No slow-mo replays. No referrals.

What did you think of the decision before you had seen the replay?

SainterK said:

He must of wanted to impose himself on the game, I can see no other reason.​

Umpires are trained to give frees for what they clearly see, if they're unsure they don't pay a free.

Unfortunately these errors do happen as we're all human I guess...

Ended our season? Next week north will beat essendon Adelaide will beat freo and saint will beat Melbourne then the saints are only a game out with higher percentage

This..
In real time I thought he made sufficient illegal front on contact to merit a free kick..
Was surprised when he called chopping the arms..

Watching the replay Milne does still make contact with his back to the ball, sufficient enough for a free kick, probably not..

Umpires don't get to dissect free kicks with slow mo replays..

Honest opinion.

I felt like the umpiring was ****, both ways. Maybe we got the rub of the green a bit, but that 3rd quarter was woeful. The Pendlebury HTB decision, straight after a more obvious one wasn't paid, the deliberate OOB etc.

SainterK said:
I'm not blaming the decision, I just cannot believe an umpire can guess in that situation.​

Umpires are trained to give frees for what they clearly see, if they're unsure they don't pay a free.

Unfortunately these errors do happen as we're all human I guess...
I think he just made a **** decision. Don't think he had any motive.

This :thumbsu:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back